My profile picture was stolen and is being used in a fake account to defame me.

Delightful Demina

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2743 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

My profile picture was copied and now is showing up in the pics section of a fake acount. The person who did this owns the fake account  where they are posting lies and defaming me, my sim and my friends. I reported it to LL and have not heard or seen anything form them. Both of the accounts are still open and active. What is my recorse?

thanks

1 answer to this question

Block this person, Derender them permanently if you use Firestorm, ban them from your land if you have any and don't look at their profile or respond to them in any way or take anything from them.  If you totally ignore people like this they grow tired of their game and move on.  Believe me, from personal experience it works.

As to the picture, whoever took the picture can file a DMCA if they choose as stealing and using it without permission violates copyright laws.  See here how to do that: http://secondlife.com/corporate/dmca.php I wouldn't advise this though.   They can file a counter complaint resulting in you having to take them to court and your RL information would be given to the person.  It's just not worth it.

That's it.  LL views this as a resident to resident dispute and won't get involved.  

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2743 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.