I want to lodge a complaint against victimisation that is consistent around the nude sims

ChelseaMacey

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2677 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I want to lodge a  complaint to Lindens about the consistent problem I am having around Nude sims I am being targeted because I was banned from a sim which is called The Naked Sim which is a naked sailing sim and people seem to be following me around to other nude sims and causing victimiation around the Christmas period of which I have found very upsetting as a woman I think this is totally disgusting and that women in SL should be protected more I have also known a few people that have left because of this problem and it is not new peopel it is people that have been in the game for many years and that are doing this on purpose to hurt good kind people as they are teaching them a lesson and I want lindens to take action as I am now thinking of leaving the game becuase of this horrid treatment.  Lindens should be policing sims that are a problem i.e. nude and sex sims.

3 answers to this question

This is a resident to resident help area, so things posted here are not read by the Lindens. 

If you believe that there is a violation of the TOS, you can file an abuse report.  Include specific examples of the TOS violation.

The Lindens do not get involved in what they consider to be resident-to-resident disputes, so the best thing to do, even if you file an abuse report, is to mute and block those that are bothering you.  There are a lot of adult sims, so I would also suggest seeing if you can find some other sims that might be a better fit for you, where you don't feel victimized by the activities or other avatars present. 

• Like 1

The Lindens do not come here, and therefore will do nothing if you only post here. 

If you believe you are being harassed, you can file abuse reports on the people you feel are "victimizing" you. It's not difficult - right click the avatar in question, open their profile, and choose the "Report Abuse" option. While you're in there, choose the "Block" (or "Mute," depending on your viewer) option to keep that avatar from continuing to bother you. Fill out the report completely and thoroughly, being as descriptive as possible. Use screenshots if relevant, and describe the nature of the abuse. "I'm being vicitimized" will get you nowhere; you have to detail the abuse. You can also include chat logs in the report. 

It seems likely that this is only part of the story; you've neatly glossed over the "I was banned" bit at the beginning, so I get the feeling you're not blameless, here. Still, harassment is never okay, so if you really are being harassed, report. 

Lindens don't police sims. They rely on user reports. Babysitting is not part of the job. 

If you know the types of sims on which you are receiving the abuse, perhaps you would do well to avoid those sims for a while, while you wait for things to calm down. 

• Like 3

Have you tried blocking/muting the offender(s)? They can bother you to ther hearts content and it won't reach you if you blacklist them.

Try that and see if there is another nude region in SL that would meet your liking.

SL has its share of freaks and griefers who feed on emotions. The key is not to respond or acknowledge them in any way.

If you have blocked and said a simple "hi" to one, that releases them from the mute list.

Place their name on the list and walk away, PERIOD.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2677 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.