I accepted a gift sent by some stranger and smoke covered me and my game...

EleneSo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2702 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I accepted a gift sent by some stranger (my first day in the game), and now I am a moving light that destroys the other's game, a white smoke, and I can't see where I am. I receive this message all the time on the screen and in my chat box: HAIL OSAMA BIN LADEN. WHITE SMOKE **bleep**ING YOUR SECOND LIFE UP LIKE A WORLD TRADE CENTER COLLAPSE. YOURE DEAD NOW BITCHES. DONALD TRUMP WILL BRING MORE 9/11 ACROSS THE UNIVERSE.

How can I remove this message ( I deleted the box already but nothing changed) and continue playing normaly?

Over my head I have a message that writes : "touch my head :)"

1 answer to this question

Welcome to Second Life, and I'm sorry to hear you've had such an unpleasant introduction to it! 

There are two possible ways whatever you were given can be causing this problem, I think, which must be caused by an object you are wearing or one that is following you.

First, change to a completly different avatar -- just open the selector menu and choose one of the starter avatars.   If this stops the problem, then you were wearing whatever was causing the smoke and things. 

If it doesn't fix the problem, then teleport to a different region.   This should fix it, since whatever is generating the smoke and messages won't be able to follow you.

Then try to identify in your inventory whatever it was you were given that caused the problems.

If you need to ask any more questions about this, or add any further information, please do it by editing your original question.   Don't start a new thread, please.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2702 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.