How in the world are griefers able to rez in no rez zones?, D:

SyntaxReload

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3314 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

As Alwin suggests, one way is if you have object entry enabled.  The griefer can rez objects outside your parcel and then move them onto the parcel.  I don't like to turn off object entry, because it prevents people from entering my parcel with a vehicle and I like to allow free passage...but if I have a griefer problem, I'll disable object entry temporarily.

Setting Autoreturn to a short period can help get rid of things people rez or leave on your land, but you have to be very careful with it.  If you or your group members have rezzed things that aren't set to the land group, they could all be returned as well...autoreturn does not do a good job of discriminating between "friend or foe."  I generally just check my land parcels about once a week and manually return any stranded vehicles, etc.

I have heard that there is a server exploit that also allows griefers to rez objects on land where they do not have rez permissions as well, but I'm sorry, I don't have any details on this.

• Like 1

A good security system... I doubt there is a system worth the money. This is an ever escalating battle. I expect any system to be quickly out dated. So, the only ones that have any chance are ones that rapidly update.

The Lab is continuously fighting griefers. Most every server update has security updates. 

You can help in the fight by collecting as much information about the event as you can and filing a big report. When a number of people report the same types of attacks the engineers may focus more attention on the problem. 

The reports are never ignored. But, you may not see action in what you consider a reasonable time frame. Fixing expoits can require complex changes that take far more time than anyone, including the Linden engineers, may think. Plus there are often more serious exploits being worked on. And, unfortunately, some are difficult to fix with out crippling legitimate features of SL.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3314 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.