How do you know if you are being contacted by a LL liasion or if it is a fake?

Deliacroix

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2916 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

How do you know if you are being contacted by a LL liasion or if it is a fake?

I have recieved a messages from an individual stating to be a liasion for LL (and being an admin but not working from LL directly)
In this message, I refused to give any real life information because I saw no proof that this resident worked for LL.
Also the individual did not conduct himself in a professional manner and could not answer any questions in which I asked.

Also this individual posed a gyazo, as seen below, stating I am being kicked.

https://gyazo.com/1d59ef9ffb42240405badf8ab44863f8

Could some one help me or explain to me if this is a fake?
Thankyou.

P.S I contacted LL and sent a report.

3 answers to this question

Lindens are very easy to recognize in world.  They all have the last name Linden, and nobody else can use that name.  If you are confronted by someone who claims to be a Linden but does not have a Linden name, s/he's a fake.  Claiming to be a "liaison for LL" is not technically against the rules, but it's a flat-out lie, so don't believe it.  There is no such thing as a "liaison" for LL.

That photo you posted appears to be a message that you are being ejected from private land.  There's nothing wrong with that.  A landowner can eject anyone she wants to, and for any reason (or no reason at all).  Adding an intimidating message like that is a bit juvenile, but it means nothing more than "you are being ejected".  Find somewhere else to enjoy Second Life and forget about that person and that place.

• Like 2

From that image, you're not on "private land"

That's from the official viewer, when somebody has used the advanced menu to "show admin menu" - that lets you pretend to be a "Linden" by showing their options, but it doesn't actually do anything.

Somebody's just toying with you, report them, mute them, and move on :)

regards,

Adamburp "offering no spammy and helpful answers since 2007" Adamczyk.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2916 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.