Can I be banned for talking dirty to a child avi in a moderate private sim?

KeatonBelair

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2741 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Child avi was harassing me in a club (moderate rated sim) with a bloody knife stabbing at me dressed like the "child's play" movie character "Chuckie" trying to bump me off my dance pad and generally being annoying. I admit I use some fowl phrases in IM to get rid of the child avi griever The child avi told anyone that would listen, friends, "family" and the DJ and the club manager I was 'talking dirty' to it. Plus the avi told everyone she is a real life kid. (kinda hard to believe since she has been a member of SL for 7years 6mos) What ensued was being banned from several clubs her friends and family are DJ's and hosts as well as several hours of harassment in the club by other avatars that showed up and IM's that went unanswered by me.

I find nothing about my behavior "ban worthy" based on LL TOS as the hosts or managers stated. incidentally I was banned from a club I had never gone to and wasn't a member of anyways. Is it time to de-render my avi to avoid further persecution of this child avi having a great time at my expense?

I could care less about being banned, (many other clubs worth patronizing) just don't like the gang harassers. 

2 answers to this question

You didn't get banned from SL, just that club. It sounds like you got the good end of the deal.  I wouldn't want to go back to a club like that, myself.   And yes, a landowner can eject or ban you for any reason at all.  Or for no reason.  And with no need to explain.  See the TOS, sect . 4.8: "You may permit or deny other users to access your Virtual Land on terms determined by you."

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2741 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.