Abuse Reports

Annakiya Andel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2700 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

When will LL actually do something about someone who will not stop harrassing me and causing me stress? I have muted  this person and she continues to be a problem. I have sent several abuse reports and NOTHING is done about it. Who do we go to high up in LL to get something done because this is affecting my health and I guess I will have to lawyer up. 

3 answers to this question

Unless there is a clear TOS violation reported in the AR, LL will do nothing as they don't get involved in resident to resident disputes. 

Alwin gave you good advice.  LL has given us tools to deal with kind of thing.  Just don't accept anything from this person as it unblocks them.  If you use Firestorm you can also derender them so you don't even see them.  They disappear from your SL.

People like this want your attention and want you to react.  Ignoring people like this soon will make them bored and go away.  I've had direct experience with this and it works.

• Like 3

Tho I absolutely agree that griefing and/or harassment is a very bad and cowardly thing to do... If this causes you stress and it is actually affecting your health, you should take a look at how deep in SL you are. If SL is able to affect your RL this much, maybe you yourself should take a healthy step back. I know, you did not ask to be treated like this by this person, but again, if this whole thing gets to you like this, it says as much about the griefer as it does about you. You are no longer in kindergarten, there are tools to minimize or stop someone from harassing you. Use them and try to deal with the situation by using those tools. LL will not step up for you, they rarely do.

I do wish you the fun SL you deserve, I hope this person looses interest when you start taking the right steps.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2700 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.