9/7/11 n a store called "Simply Furniture" owned by Simply Jacobus ripped me off.HelpMe,2cul4scul

2cul4scul

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4578 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello,

On 9/7/11 n a SL store called "Simply Furniture" that is owned by Simply Jacobus I was a victim of fraud,I clicked on a object 2 see the price,then the store then charged me 4 the item.$1599L was taken from my account,with out my permission.

I have been trying 2 reach the owner(Simply Jacobus) 4 about a week with no luck.I also asked SL 4 help & got none.I

think I'm probably not going 2 get my money back.I don't understand why SL would allow Newbie's(New Players) 2 be

victims like this.I'd like refund,anybody got any advice.Thanks,

2cul4scul

3 answers to this question

Dante's right.  Putting the person's name in your post is a TOS violation.Edit your post and remove it quickly.

You do have to be careful about what you click.  Nobody can take L$ from you without your permission, but you have to watch carefully to see when you are being asked.  If you click on an object and a PAY or BUY window opens, the safe way to retreat without spending L$ is to click the X or Cancel button to close it.  Clicking anything that looks like OK or PAY or BUY, even by mistake, means that you have given permission.  Sometimes, if you are really lucky and you get a kind merchant, you can explain that it was all a mistake and return the item for your money back.  If you had copy perms on the object, though, even the kindest merchant will probably say No. 

• Like 1

Don't give up, send IM and notecard incase his im's are capped. I accidentally bought a shark once while clicking to get more info about it. The creator refunded the money and let me keep the shark.

The creator might have RL problems and can't answer. Give him a reasonable amount of time to answer. Then do what the others suggest.

And please take the names out of your post by editing it. I don't want to see you in trouble too.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4578 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.