Jump to content

Alyssa Quicksand

Resident
  • Posts

    48
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Posts posted by Alyssa Quicksand

  1. Why when I purchase and Item on the MP does it tell me "You must purchase the product before you can review it." when I go to review the item. The Item is in my Order History.. "

    • 1 item has been delivered

    Item(s) will be delivered to the Received Items folder."

     

    ^^ has already been delivered, however keeps telling me "You must purchase the product before you can review it."?

     

  2. I own a breedable sim, and today was contacted by a patron that he cannot enter into the region, giving him a pop-up:


    "Teleport Failed
    You are not allowed in this destination"


    This gentleman has payment information, is age verified, is not banned, yet still cannot access the region, which is open to the public! He was just here not more t hen a few hours ago (as of this posting).
    I cannot figure out what is going on! He has relogged several times, and reset his modem.

     

     

    ***NOTE*** ok for the life of me i cannot figure out how to add a thread to my question as there is no button or anything except to edit this one, or to report inappropriate... so im editing and adding this ... my business is Fennux Valley and Fawns Marketplace and Auctions located on Los Pengos, and to not advertise it here i'll not put the SLURL. the image that was here was a test image,  when we were trying to help him gain access we banned him, he tried, and got the banned message, then we unbanned him, and he still got the message above in the image. He's not banned!

     

  3. 'i got this laptop, it originally had windows 7 but the person with whom i got it from loaded windows 10 on it.. so dowload Firestorm Viewer, installed and proceeded to load and got this message: 

    "Firestorm is unable to run because your video card drivers did not install properly or are out of date, or are for unsupported hardware. Please make sure you have the latest video card drivers, and even if you do have the latest, try reinstalling them. If you continue to receive this message, contact the Second Life Support Portal"

    I have the latest driver and i have uninstalled it and reinstalled it.. driver version was from 2013 and is no longer supported by intel... i then tried this fix here http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_intel_fix_32bit however did not work.

    I have an:

    Asus Notebook K40IJ/k50IJ Series

    Pentium Duel Core T4400 2.20ghZ  / 2.20ghZ

    3gb 64bit

    Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation WDN 1.1)

     

    Nothing is working to load SL what am i mising or am i unable to load SL on this system?

     

     

     

     

     

  4. I know I am allowed up to 20 Chars in a Group Title, however I cannot get more then 6 Chars out of it, in Standard ASCII, I paste in and it stops on the 6th. It will no longer allow me to type, and even typing anything it will not allow more then 10. Why is this happening?

  5. My in world Maturity Level is set on GMA (yes I am much older then 18, verified) however everytime i click on a link to market place in world, it tells me my maturity level must be raised in order to view. I do this every day, it never sticks, I am always on General everytime I log into the Market Place even thought my Inworld preferences are GMA, is there anyway to make this stick on the Market Place????

  6. What is going on? They did a Scheduled Inventory Database Maintenance this morning, and it has been resolved now nothing but problems. I cannot delete things due to Inventory Error, I cannot Remove Clothings due to Inventory Error, I relog and cannot load inventory. Have to try and try to get back in world just to get more Inventory Errors. If this has been resolved then whats going on?

     

    ***plus my inventory is always in 'Loading' mode

  7. I don't know where to post this, or if doing a ticket would be needed but something simple in checking the Grid Status I'm met with this message:

    "There is a problem with this website's security certificate.
    The security certificate presented by this website has expired or is not yet valid. The security certificate presented by this website was issued for a different website's address.
    Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.
    We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website."

    Really I don't know what to do to check what is happening with things going on in world that seem to be out of place.

  8.  


    Jack Jaehun wrote:

    you need to edit the texture in a graphical tool, so that the edges got the same color/light as the center of the texture.

    Set an offset in the graphical tool, then you wil see a difference, make it smooth over the edges (horizontal & vertical)

    Thank you I will give that a try. :smileywink:

  9. Ok Im reforming my Homestead, I have some greas textures at 512x512 and 1024x1024. I go to add the textures, and no problem with that however the grass is in like a checkboard pattern, looks really bad, how can i smooth out so it appears more smooth reather them checker board? I used to work before now no more.


  10. Alyssa Quicksand wrote:


    Sidney Deluxe wrote:

    When you unticked the box that says "receive group messages", did you wait for all the names in the group to appear, or did you click before they had loaded ?

    You need to make sure that the group has fully loaded, so the changes take effect.

     

    If you DID wait for the group to load .... er ... sorry, can't help

    Hi thank you, and no I hadnt had waited, didn't even think about that. I shall try that and see if it helps. Thank you for the awesome tip! =)

    Sidney, this worked great, thank you. For now anyway =)


  11. Tamara Artis wrote:

    I am fighting with this for ages now. Make sure to click save when you uncheck group notices and make sure you do it every few days because it seems they randomly come back. 

    If you get capped often good thing is to login every day at least once just to receive all messages and make your alt join some of the spammy groups so you can leave them. 

    Hello, thank you, I will do this too, as some do come back, but as of late, its been worse. This particualar group I need as I have my breedable animals for sale and need group to rez. =(


  12. Sidney Deluxe wrote:

    When you unticked the box that says "receive group messages", did you wait for all the names in the group to appear, or did you click before they had loaded ?

    You need to make sure that the group has fully loaded, so the changes take effect.

     

    If you DID wait for the group to load .... er ... sorry, can't help

    Hi thank you, and no I hadnt had waited, didn't even think about that. I shall try that and see if it helps. Thank you for the awesome tip! =)

  13. Hello, am just wondering why when I set a group setting to receive no Notices nor IM's do I still receive them? My IM's keep getting capped because when I log in I have like 30-50 Group Notices awaiting me. I checked the group and Notices as well as IM's are not checked! 

    Thank you for all responses. =)


  14. Kenbro Utu wrote:



    Alyssa Quicksand wrote:

    I've talked with several people that have purchesed from this individual and have met the same results,

     

    Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

    You could also try ARing the store owner for fraud.  Put on the ticket what the landlord said about them not logging on anymore.  There is a chance LL would refund the money from the merchants account if they haven't cashed it out yet.  They may not, but it is worth trying.

     

    I would add, get these other people to send ARs as well.  If there is a chance of something being done, or this being seen as a clear case of fraud, then having multiple ARs would bring it that much closer.  A single episode would probably just appear to be an isolated SL failed delivery, which LL will disclaim responsibility for.

    Thank you for your reply!

    Yes I have asked for them to send as well. it may not help us directly however may prevent this from happening to others.


  15. Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

    Sorry this happened to you.  Apparently from what you say the person must be paying their tiers on their store or the estate owner would have returned their things by now.  Maybe the estate owner can tell you when the next due date is, or you could find the rent or tier box and see yourself.  This may give you some idea when they may come in world next.  Hopefully they would respond to you then.  To be sure, I'd send them another notecard a few days before that date.

    You could also try ARing the store owner for fraud.  Put on the ticket what the landlord said about them not logging on anymore.  There is a chance LL would refund the money from the merchants account if they haven't cashed it out yet.  They may not, but it is worth trying.

     

    Thank you, and I had contacted the Estate Owner, she informed me that there was nothing she will do. That she won't refund money owed me by him.

    I did AR the store. Just a waiting game on that aspect. I've all proof of the Email sent to said person, IM, Notecard and Transaction History.

  16. Yes it was purchased in world. All I could do is AR this but know nothing will come of it. I've talked with several people that have purchesed from this individual and have met the same results, If only I knew then what I know now it would of saved me that money. I won't slander his name in a public forum but indeed, word of mouth to my friends and perhaps friends of friends may save them money. It's horrible that this person has what seems a legit store, and some small things there do get delivered so this may his 'excuse'.

    All I wanted to do was purchase my wife a surfing wave without breaking the bank so to speak. =(

     

  17. Thank you for your reply.

    This is what I had originally thought, and commented about anyone can do this and rip off a plethora of people in SL since LL does not care about problems like this. This person is known for doing this, and LL seems to turn their heads on it meanwhile this person profits.

    It's disappointing but yes I totally had an idea this was the answer I was to receive. Thank you so much again for your reply.

  18. Hello, I do hope I am posting in the correct forum, if not I do so humbly apologize.


    On 2013, 3 31 I paid L$1,600 for a purchase in world for a product that was never delivered from the terminal. As per the sites instructions I emailed the seller of this that same day. After a few days I contacted the person in world and have yet to get a response. I talked to the owner of the Sim the store is located and was informed this person is never on SL anymore however his things are still out.

    I am not a premium member of SL, and do not know if creating a ticket would help or not is why I am coming here seeking advice on what my next step is. Am I out of my money because of the 'risk of purchase', if so then this would leave anyone the grounds to create an alt and rip off anyone at will and be protected from this. L$1,600 isn't a lot of money to a lot of people but it is to me, I saved several weeks for this.

    Anyone have an idea of what can be done?

    Thank you so much for your time! =)

×
×
  • Create New...