Jump to content

Sassy Romano

Advisor
  • Content Count

    5,107
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Sassy Romano

  1. Sassy Romano

    Avastar for free?

    I want a refund! You promised me that "Make Me What I'm Thinking Of" button and it never came. I always have to put in some effort!
  2. Well... If it were just like a Maitreya Lara and all the vertex weighting matched perfectly, any clothing for that would work. Same for if it were like a Slink body or any of the others. My question though, if it's just going to take clothing from any of the others, why would people buy it and not the original? Generally, you would have to offer a creator kit to as many people as possible and hope that SL has the appetite for yet another mesh body. Avastar has nothing to do with it, there is no clothing for Avatar anything as such.
  3. Sassy Romano

    So, how much do you need to bribe Maitreya to get a kit?

    Klytyna wrote: So, if you want that dae file, better start 'Splatting' about your daily activities in excrutiating micro-detail now... I got the kit in the end and didn't have to splat all over Fartbook or any other social media but I accept your comment as probable for the norm.
  4. Sassy Romano

    Blender ?How do i rotate an object

    R
  5. Sassy Romano

    New way for be scamming ?

    If LL have refunded someone else but not transferred the L$ back to you then you should file a ticket. They are somewhat obliged to either return the money to you and if they do this, they should remove the item from the recipients inventory. In any case, if you are out of pocket and assuming that someone else has been refunded, they should still remove the item from the recipients inventory. I'm not sure it's what I'd call a scam, just very poor actions by LL, if it's exactly as you describe. Open a support case.
  6. Sassy Romano

    Custom Mod?

    Um, if they create a custom piece for you, they're a "creator". Don't forget to tell them you don't like them when asking them to do the job for you!
  7. Sassy Romano

    passcode in HUD (can client side?)

    OK, my mistake, when you mentioned textured buttons and UUID s, my brain immediately went to texture HUD usage What I understand you are doing is providing a PIN pad HUD. My question here though is where does your tthreat actor reside in this scenario?
  8. Sassy Romano

    passcode in HUD (can client side?)

    No, I won't stop posting because it appears that you simply don't understand the problem that you need to solve. "The problem with textured letter prims (a,b,c,d) is that the texture uuid needs to be mapped to a buttonID which can be worked out if captured in transit. Also a sort of circular roller or object with indented mesh faces have the same problem." Assuming that your text above implies that you're trying to create a texture hud that sends a UUID to an object, then this is an exercise in futility for the reason I have already stated. That being that at each client that renders the texture, the UUID is the filename of the texture in the users texture cache. In otherwords, the trust fail isn't in your lack of trust in SSL but should be in the lack of trust over the client - because the client is absolutely 100% broken in this regard. What you appear to be trying to engineer is equivalent to a method of delivering a piece of information, locked in a secure box, put inside a tank, surrounded by armed guards, only for the delivery to be left hanging half way out of the receipients letter box. If you're not trying to create a texture hud then a little more context of what you're actually trying to do rather than playing on techno snippets that may in fact be irrelevant and pointless, that would help.
  9. Sassy Romano

    passcode in HUD (can client side?)

    kimmy348 wrote: It would be good if someone can help figure out some kind of ingenious way of clicking on buttons without revealing to the clear which button was clicked. The problem with textured letter prims (a,b,c,d) is that the texture uuid needs to be mapped to a buttonID which can be worked out if captured in transit. Also a sort of circular roller or object with indented mesh faces have the same problem. So just encrypt the UUID while sending it via your chosen channel however, you do realise that this is UTTERLY pointless given that anyone who views the texture automatically has the texture appear in their cache with the filename being the UUID and that there are already cache viewers that will render the texture in a nice user friendly way?
  10. Sassy Romano

    passcode in HUD (can client side?)

    Scripts always run on SL servers but what you describe does not need anything that cannot already be done with LSL
  11. Sassy Romano

    Most expensive thing to buy on SL !!!

    Don't overstate the feature set. It doesn't strip just any avatar, only the owner of the pose ball!
  12. Sassy Romano

    Do pm logs ever get deleted

    Yes, I suspect Callum actually meant GCHQ so just like the rest of the post (in humour) was completely wrong! IF any government organisation says they have deleted your data, they're definitely lying.
  13. Sassy Romano

    Do pm logs ever get deleted

    Callum Meriman wrote: The GHSC keep them for 90 days, unless a keyword is triggered. Who are GHSC?
  14. Sassy Romano

    Do pm logs ever get deleted

    Your best assumption is that regardless of what you may read in a TOS, EULA or any other text, just assume that your data is never deleted. If Facebook says it's deleted when both parties do, assume that's not true. It may no longer be visible to you but you can bet that the data is retained. Same for any online data holder.
  15. Sassy Romano

    Jealousy in SL is it normal

    MilaKunis77 wrote: Alright need someone else's opinon, No you don't. The only thing you need to address is how you feel about someone who is jealous. It's not even an SL thing, the same scenario could exist in your RL. Decide...Act...End.
  16. Sassy Romano

    Custom applier for skin with no applier available.

    Correct! They only do it because they're forced to due to fragmentation of the platform around mesh implementation. Prior to mesh there was no need for appliers which are really nothing more than a bad crutch as a solution for a problem which doesn't need to exist.
  17. Sassy Romano

    Custom applier for skin with no applier available.

    Alwin Alcott wrote: Sassy Romano wrote: If I were to give him an applier, using the UUID, then how is he using something he didn't have a licence to use? If I don't use the texture but merely stick a number in a notecard, I'm not using it either. Now, if I were to reference textures via UUID and derive benefit from products I'm selling then that's not ethical but it is NOT copying either. As I said, get it legally tested. LL really should have a better method of securing assets but that's another discussion. yes you do use something you didn't pay for nor got the license to do so. OP bought the skin to use, not the uuid or any other use of the textures that are the base of that skin. The texture will be shown and used on something it's never made for by the creator, not did he ever give permission for it. You can keep saying the texture isn't used but it IS. OP should buy a new skin and new fitting applier if this one isn't available, or live with the fact it doesn't fit perfectly. Yes it's a thin line, but i keep to it as illegal and not allowed. You simply defend now it's allowed to use sl cach****er and rip all textures you see, and use them. He has paid for a licence to use the skin (which is represented by the UUID which is a result of the upload of the texture). He is referencing exactly the same asset that he has a licence to use. Here's the fun part, copyright covers damages for financial compensation. If there is no applier for sale, there can be no loss. I'm not defending the use of slcacheviewer.exe and no textures are being ripped at this point. Plus, there's no need to use such a tool, the UUID's are already in the clear in the cache of ANY user who has viewed the asset. Again, it's all up for legal test but it will never get there so it's all moot.
  18. Sassy Romano

    Custom applier for skin with no applier available.

    That's exactly what he would be doing. Using the asset, not the components I.e. texture from which it is made. If I were to give him an applier, using the UUID, then how is he using something he didn't have a licence to use? If I don't use the texture but merely stick a number in a notecard, I'm not using it either. Now, if I were to reference textures via UUID and derive benefit from products I'm selling then that's not ethical but it is NOT copying either. As I said, get it legally tested. LL really should have a better method of securing assets but that's another discussion.
  19. Sassy Romano

    Custom applier for skin with no applier available.

    Alwin Alcott wrote: the one thats going to make your applier needs the skin textures, otherwise you would also be able to colormatch your body now yourself, thats not thát hard. And using the bodytextures is not allowed if you don't have the permissions for that. There's nothing rude or blunt or whatever how you take it , just straight information that you can't use your current skin to make a applier. Well...I'd like to see this appropriately tested from a legal perspective because the person making the applier ONLY needs the UUID and that is NOT a texture, it's an essentially random number, merely a pointer to an asset. The OP could obtain the UUID from their own texture cache and provide that to the person making the applier, no texture is being transferred, copied or in fact "used". A UUID is NOT unique, it is only statistically likely to be unique. There's a statistical chance that I could just think up a UUID that matches another texture yet I haven't done anything wrong whatsoever and I doubt that anyone would have any success in disproving that my thought up number was anything other than a coincidence. It's not even as if the person who owns the IP of the original texture got to create a UUID, that's just a random number generator function as a part of the upload process to the asset server. In other words, the UUID does not belong to the texture asset uploader, it's merely an asset server reference, thus I don't see how the texture creator can claim ownership of a UUID as it's not of their own creation but merely an LL generated reference number, just as a page number is a reference to written work. Similarly, if the OP obtains the UUID from their own PC and gets hold of the applier (Omega applier kit works?), then they could make their own applier in a matter of minutes.
  20. Sassy Romano

    Where Is The Documentation For Making SL Avatars

    Yes, the question is which is the right topic because avatar creation spans different disciplines and that's the root of the complaint, there's no single source of the information and there should be.
  21. Sassy Romano

    Where Is The Documentation For Making SL Avatars

    I have to say that I don't believe it's to complex for one page. There doesn't need to be one page that aims to teach someone the skills per tool which is needed but on one page, it would be pretty easy to document the parts needed, creating a recipe. If I were to look at how to create clothes as an example, I wouldn't expect to only find a page documenting the SL avatar UV maps. (I don't actually know what it says, I'm using an example). There certainly should be a description of what's current technology and pointers. If only there were a method of having an overview page being able to link to others. What a cool technology that would be! Bobbie, entity isn't asking for info on how to put together an avatar from parts but poking LL to update their documentation on avatar creation from a development position as a creator of content.
  22. Sassy Romano

    Suggestions for marketplace order history improvements

    https://jira.secondlife.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa Under "issue type", you choose "New Feature Request" Then you sit back with a smile, confident in the belief that you've done something that will elicit a positive outcome in a timely manner. The next morning, you take your meds and look out of the window and see a passing unicorn.
  23. Sassy Romano

    You must purchase the product before you can review it.

    Tari Landar wrote: I feel bad for the commerce team, they get grief because LL can't be assed to fix things. The above are one and the same. The commerce team IS LL and have (had?) staff accountable for maintainance and development. If there's no development (there doesn't appear to be), then one should question why not, it's not exactly finished and there remains plenty of low hanging fruit. No doubt everyone is busy with Sansar and from a future business perspective I can understand that except that it's all too common to chase the new shiny and not deal with the actual revenue generating product properly. I have empathy with the support staff who are not in a direct position to effect change but the commerce team is (was?) comprised of developers too. (I used the past tense on two occassions there because there's no current or recent or in fact vaguely recent evidence that there are developers actively engaged in Marketplace)
  24. Sassy Romano

    BENTO CLUB NEEDED...

    Tari Landar wrote: That said, her initial post didn't sound nearly as snobish(to me) until she clarified when someone tried to explain that bento is something *we all* have the capability of having...and she claimed that such a thing must be exclusive "because many are not". Nope, my comprehension was that she was saying that it seemed that Alwin was in a club (i.e. venue, not clique) that must have been exclusive that she didn't know about. Whatever, it doesn't matter!
×