Jump to content

Keli Kyrie

Resident
  • Posts

    12
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Keli Kyrie

  1. LuciaRiley wrote: And no, I'm not talking to the user about it either. They refuse to be reasonable, and I want an opinion. I was told this by a person on SL just for calling someone out for being a sex fiend. "i will get ahold of all the land owners grid wide and tell them about this drama and they will not allow u on there land as well" end quote. Can people -really- do this, or is this unjust? I have seen some people gang up on people in SL but to think they would be able to do it grid wide is silly. This person does not know all the land owners in SL. He would have to find other people that think the same way as he does and not everyone is going to think that way. You called someone a name once, It sounds like you don't want to do it again. It is just me but I don't think it is that much to worry about.
  2. Rasputtin Szczepanski wrote: Ok - my Linden granted home lasted about ten minutes. As soon as I was prevented from putting down furniture...IN MY HOME...I abandoned it. Just venting...but really. Come on. I heard someone say "wear" the object, right click on and pick "drop" if you really need to get the object down. The problem stop for me before I could try it.
  3. Dana Hickman wrote: During my first few years in SL, I won enough L$ at contests and events to outright buy 1/8th of an original mainland sim at land bubble prices. It was fun but I wish now that I had just cashed out lol. Well in the end you are still a winner, right? Plus you have won the contest for Best Animated Forum Badge.
  4. LuciaRiley wrote: I've won Lucky Chair prizes and some Lindens at contests on contest boards from clubs that don't rig the poll. It is so fun to win stuff even if it is a little balloon, it is a shame when the contest is not fair.
  5. squashy Beeswing wrote: I used to attend a line-dancing venue where (perhaps not so surprisingly) i won a couple of fancy dress competitions! :smileyvery-happy: You winning a fancy dress conpertition, who would have thought. Congrats Squashy.
  6. Coby Foden wrote: When I was very newbie camping was the thing to "win" some Linden dollars. During the "golden" age of xploders I won money, money and more money. Sometimes one could win crazy amounts in short time. Few times I have won money in those "best in something" competitions in clubs. Lucky chairs have dropped something into my inventory occasionally. Recently I have not won anything as I mostly explore places, go sailing, go to concerts or do something similar where there is no chance to win something. :smileytongue: I love the "best of contests" but they sure make your inventory grow. Lucky chairs are fun too and a good way to talk to a frined that maybe you have not seen in a while. "Hi Mary, I am at a shop and the Lucky Chair has a M for some mesh hair, want a TP." But exploring SL has it's won rewards I think.
  7. Kallyanna wrote: Everytime i log in right before it gets done loading it cuts off & i get a crash logger thing after words. Im not able to even touch anything inworld or nothing because it crashes so quickly. Then what Charolette says above might help. Here is the link: http://exodusviewer.com/
  8. What is wrong with your viewer why did it stop working?
  9. Sylvia Tamalyn wrote: Well, since you asked me about this while I was in the process of winning prizes at Hairy Hippo Fun Land...:smileytongue: The Viewers want to know, just how many prizes have you won at Happy Hippo Land?
  10. Storm Clarence wrote: Awww Storm I love your poems, but I think they are an acquired taste.
  11. Storm Clarence wrote: I have won the 'hearts' of many. I can't post a photo, but I can write about all the love. Yes you have, just be careful about the love poems.
  12. Claireschen Hesten wrote: i've won at xploders lucky chairs guess & win and what not i have 'won' at linden realms quite handsomely on the orange crystal cash out i do mostly enjoy the Linden Realms but all the lucrative crystal sims are full of 'cheats' using tools to give them an unfair advantage to swipe all the orange blue and green crystals i can't remember if it was a win it was so long ago but one time when i played zyngo i got an entire row of jesters ...and the picture! Awesome Congrats.
  13. Marianne McCann wrote: I'd say the biggest prizes were when Linden Lab did the Golden Hearts and Golden Eggs thing, for L$5000 per. I got a couple of those. Helped that I knew my Linden and Mole builds. Mount G'al was very good to me. Twice. :-) I've won a few other items here and there, such as some of the Goodies in The Wilderness and in Rizal, some neat stuff at Pyri Peaks, oh, and L$ in Linden Realms. And, of course, Hairy Hippo Fun Land. :-D Gosh you win everything I am going to have to go to more places with you.
  14. Ima Rang wrote: No, no I have not...But, I would consider it a huge win if you were to share where you obtained those fabulous capris that you are wearing in the pic...love them. ColdLogic? Yep ColdLogic.
  15. valerie Inshan wrote: Hi Keli! The only thing I ever won was this. :smileyhappy: Lexie rocks, doesn't she? [12:47] Lexie Linden: Congratulations on being the first runner up in the New Year, New you! Image contest!! Your L$1,000 is being sent now! Thank you! The Second Life Community Team Congrats I was so happy for you and yes Lexie totally rocks!
  16. Brenda Connolly wrote: Back in my early SL days, I had an unbelieveable run of luck with sploders, winning about 10K Lindens in a little over a week. It was enough to let me buy all the essentiasl to get going and it really helped me want to stay in SL. The quality of freebies was nothing like it is today back in 2007. Of course it just spurred me to want to buy more stuff and pony up a CC number, so in the end I probably "lost". But I'm not complaining. I know how you feel. If I had not won some Lindens in contest, and was no given some by people that just wanted to help a newbie I may have never known the joy of spending money in SL. Now that I knowit I am hoooked.
  17. Venus Petrov wrote: I have 'won' some random Lucky Chair prizes when I just happened to be in the shop when 'V' came up, and L$ when sploders were the rage in clubs a few years ago. No photos of those occasions, sorry! I have earned the friendship of a few people who I hold dear. BTW, congrats on your prize. Thank you Venus. What about Linden Realms, have you been there? I have not tried it yet, but I should.
  18. Recently I was invited to explore the Happiest Place in Second Life, Hairy Hippo Fun Land. Okay so it was foggy when we got there and some of the rides were broke but we had a blast! They have an interactive food court that can actually make your avatar feel ill and have to run to the restroom along with some awesome games and prizes. That is where I won this Totally Awesome Huggable Mole! So How about you, have you ever won anything in Second Life? What was it and do you have a picture? (you know what they say; pics or it never happened). Please share what you have won in Second Life. Disclaimer: This post is not intended to spark a debate about whether or not Second Life is a game. This post was created to show that there are fun things to do in Second Life that have prizes you can win. Remember according to the Official Community Participation Guidelines posting Off Topic Content is subject to removal by the Forum Moderators. Second Life is Fun, let's remember to have some! :) 
  19. So the Viewer will limit where they can go. 13 wow, i did not know. I ARed a 14 year old once. I did not know they could be that young.
  20. I am meeting lots of people on the feeds that are under 18 years old, is this allowed? How old do you need to be to use Second Life and if it is under 18 can they only go to G sims? How does this work?
  21. Have you seen this page yet? http://cgcookie.com/blender/get-started-with-blender/ This is a good page to look at too: http://www.blender.org/education-help/tutorials/
  22. Madelaine McMasters wrote: Keli Kyrie wrote: Madelaine McMasters wrote: Some time ago Keli Kyrie wrote (emphasis hers): I KNOW MOST WON'T LIKE THIS... but we need trolls... just like we need Lurkers, Helpers, and Goofballs. No one is more important than anyone else. If everyone was a Helper how boring would that be? To me it was all the Wild and Diverse Personalities that made the old GD so great and this party is a place for all of them to come together in one place. And now Keli Kyrie writes (emphasis mine): Hi Cali, I am not saying I condone trolls or bullies what I am questioning is how we react to people that see things differently from the way we do. The fact is some people see SL as a game and treat “the characters” in it as a game. Do we let these people freak us out on a daily basis, do we let them “ruin” our SL just because they see things differently then the rest of us? If you go to the stove once and grab the cast iron skillet and get burned that is one thing, but if you do it day after day... Come on grab a pot holder, make sure the stove is off, adapt to the situation. Even if someone carries the skillet into your room and says it is safe don't trust it.... those skillets can stay hot for a long time. Test it. We don't have to keep getting hurt over and over again. If you are going to handle bees wear thick gloves don't go in there with your heart on your sleeve. Keli, before I read this as self contradiction, can you explain it? And why should we expect the victims of bullies to grow thick skins, yet not hold the bullies accountable for their actions? It seems to me you are being hypocritcal. Okay so a bully writes on a forum your singing sucks. What to you do? How do you punish them? Do you cry about it and attack them back? Or do you just roll with the punches and let those bullies make you a millionaire? Nearly 32,000,000 hits on youtube who is laughing at the bullies now. I am saying you can't execute people just because you don't like what the write but you can choose how you react. Even Katy Perry is her friend now because she didn't let the bullies get her down. Life is more about how you react to situations then what happens to you. I'm going to stand firm here, Keli. I asked for an explanation for your apparent self contradiction and I didn't get it. I am not arguing against helping people to grow thicker skins. I want to know what your argument is for our needing trolls and/or bullies. If you don't wish to engage me further on this, say so. I am getting tired of what appears to me to be either over arching pre-suppositions on your part (I have never suggested we execute anybody), or your inability to see any perspective but your own in the middle of arguing that we should welcome everybody's perspective. Because I believe every Human Being is of great value and should not be tossed aside like a piece of garbage because they do something other people don't like. I have done things in my life deserving of being thrown out like a piece of garbage but someone was there to help me even when I was at my worst. He told me I was of great value and was a beautiful person even though I was living a life I am now ashamed of. The only thing this person asked me to do in return for his help (which kept me out of jail) was that when I see other people at their worst I show them the same mercy I was shown.
  23. For those of you that don't know the story she was bullied so bad she had to leave school. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/10/rebecca-black-leaves-scho_n_923464.html How did she get revenge? With this song.
  24. Madelaine McMasters wrote: Some time ago Keli Kyrie wrote (emphasis hers): I KNOW MOST WON'T LIKE THIS... but we need trolls... just like we need Lurkers, Helpers, and Goofballs. No one is more important than anyone else. If everyone was a Helper how boring would that be? To me it was all the Wild and Diverse Personalities that made the old GD so great and this party is a place for all of them to come together in one place. And now Keli Kyrie writes (emphasis mine): Hi Cali, I am not saying I condone trolls or bullies what I am questioning is how we react to people that see things differently from the way we do. The fact is some people see SL as a game and treat “the characters” in it as a game. Do we let these people freak us out on a daily basis, do we let them “ruin” our SL just because they see things differently then the rest of us? If you go to the stove once and grab the cast iron skillet and get burned that is one thing, but if you do it day after day... Come on grab a pot holder, make sure the stove is off, adapt to the situation. Even if someone carries the skillet into your room and says it is safe don't trust it.... those skillets can stay hot for a long time. Test it. We don't have to keep getting hurt over and over again. If you are going to handle bees wear thick gloves don't go in there with your heart on your sleeve. Keli, before I read this as self contradiction, can you explain it? And why should we expect the victims of bullies to grow thick skins, yet not hold the bullies accountable for their actions? It seems to me you are being hypocritcal. Okay so a bully writes on a forum your singing sucks. What to you do? How do you punish them? Do you cry about it and attack them back? Or do you just roll with the punches and let those bullies make you a millionaire? Nearly 32,000,000 hits on youtube who is laughing at the bullies now. I am saying you can't execute people just because you don't like what the write but you can choose how you react. Even Katy Perry is her friend now because she didn't let the bullies get her down. Life is more about how you react to situations then what happens to you.
  25. Madelaine McMasters wrote: Keli Kyrie wrote: Not at all. It does not need to be that hard. If we all made one improvemnet in how we treat eachother the world would be a better place tomorrow. It can just be somrthing as simple as smiling at someone and telling them good afternoon. And if you smile and say good afternoon while that person is publically verbally abusing someone? There's a time to frown as well. I have seen people in real life in very verbally abusing situations find peace again by just such an act, but often times it takes more then one person smiling to make it work. For example you and your friend come across a couple having a very verbally abusive conversation, what do you do? You could call the cops but they might take a half an hour to get there and the couple could be gone by then. You could join in the fight and start verbally abusing the person you think is wrong in the situation, sure that might help. Or you can take care of what is happening in that moment in time and try to defuse the situation. You can smile at them, make a joke, do some unexpectedly nice for them. Once the argument is defuse you can take the girl aside and talk to her about how she is dealing with her relationship with this man. Your friend can take the man aside and talk to him about how he is letting the stress of his work environment get to him and how he is acting that out on his wife. This example may work or it may not work but how will you ever know if you never try to talk to people? I don't know about you but when I see everyone ganging up on someone calling them EVIL, especially if THAT PERSON HAS DONE SOMETHING WRONG, ...well how can I say this... (do you really know when it is time to throw rocks at someone?)  
×
×
  • Create New...