Jump to content

Rem Voxel

  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

19 Good

About Rem Voxel

  • Rank
    Advanced Member

Recent Profile Visitors

102 profile views
  1. Curious about this feature. Is it possible to preview the voice morphing before committing to it? The viewer says "preview voice morphing" and you can make a recording but there are no voices in the list to preview. Is the Preview tool not for non-premium members who might be considering upgrading to premium in order to use this? Also after I click "Thank you for subscribing to Second Life Voice Morphing! Click [link] to activate the new voice morphs in your viewer." nothing happens. Just seems to not work at all 🤷‍♂️
  2. Thanks for your advice. This quotes my original message since which I’ve moved on a lot as explained in later comments. I am mostly modelling in Blender now as mentioned above. Thanks.
  3. I was more asking for advice than suggesting. I didn’t at the time know what the best approach was with regard to joining meshes or not. But now I understand the three factors: Download, physics, and server cost it is very clear. I have never tried exporting prims from Blender, maybe I explained it badly. I didn’t even know you could do that and I certainly don’t want to. Everything is mesh. FWIW I have some items constructed in SL that are something like 9 LI made out of prims (way to high for their given purpose), and reimported as a single joined mesh (or 2 parts in some cases wh
  4. Absolutely, but in this specific case these are very small and simple lighting units intended to be duplicated many times by the owner.
  5. Yeah. I guess I like to start in SL to get a feel for the rough size of things compared to where they might go (e.g. inside a house). But sometimes I replace the whole object(s) to the best of my ability in Blender. I’m slowly getting better a modelling in Blender.
  6. Oh my word, I’m so sorry for the silence – thanks for all the replies. I will have a good read through. Literally minutes after I posted the question a very kind person replied to me privately in world and he spent a good 30 or more minutes explaining in great detail about optimising LOD levels, how LI is calculated, the physics factor in the calculation and more. It was so helpful and I got all my items down to 1LI, that I forgot to check back here on the forum... then after that I wasn't in SL for a good few weeks. So I probably came across as ungrateful. Off to bed now but
  7. Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, a search did not bring up an answer... I am generally modelling with prims in SL then joining them and exporting to collada / DAE. Then in Blender I am converting to mesh and using 'decimate' to simplify them, then I am reimporting those back into SL. I am having varying levels of success. Sometimes the LI is really high even though I have supplied lower triangle count LOD versions. An example here is is a tube with one end capped off - like a cup. And on one side I have a cube that joins with the tube. So this is 3 prims in SL. My p
  8. My payload is 2.8KB but only 728 Bytes over the network with gzip (and just 408b with Brotli... but I am assuming that is not supported Edit: confirmed as not supported) As a side question - can anyone clarify if the header Accept-Encoding is sent by default (As: deflate, gzip) ? Headers are listed in a table under llHTTPRequest but it’s not entirely clear if they are ALL sent. Edit Having now tested, setting this request header: HTTP_CUSTOM_HEADER, "Accept-Encoding", "deflate, gzip" ...does not remove the issue (without HTTP_BODY_MAXLENGTH set, which does solve it) so this demo
  9. Ah... Earlier Google threw up this document which says "(Setting HTTP_BODY_MAXLENGTH is not yet supported)" So I had discounted that. But it does indeed work so obviously that document is out of date. Thank you! I guess I never came across an http client that capped the response body size before. Though it makes sense given that trying to load a very large document could adversely affect the sim server running the script. Given we have such a limit I will work to further compress the data, and build in pagination too.
  10. I am loading JSON data from my API (which is private) but I have made some publicly available and redacted sample files here: [Edit: I removed the URLs from the post because a. the issue is solved and b. medium-term these test files will be deleted so they will just return 404 errors] The format is: {"status":true,"agents":[//array of objects]} ...where status would be false if the server returned any non-code 200 response. On load I check for validity by not only checking the status code but also checking the JSON value of status using llJsonGetValue(response, ["status"
  11. 3 years hence... is it still the case that you cannot dynamically set / change the *projector* texture UUID in a script? I can think of some workarounds but I just wanted to check.
  12. @Mollymews Awesome, this is exactly what I was looking for! Perhaps when I searched the forums for this I was using the wrong keywords. I had made a start trying to line my textures up in world but it wasn't very precise, so this is perfect right now. Many thanks!
  13. I want to make a simple six-sided prim box and use a single texture image mapped in SL so that each face appears to be different (not six identical faces) but just using one PNG "net" texture rather than six separate ones. Preamble / Conditions I don't really want to go down the Blender -> Mesh route + making a UV map because a simple prim is only 1LI and so there is no optimisation benefit of replacing it with mesh (plus I don't know how to do UV Mapping in Blender) I know how to use the Build tools in SL and the texturing panel - and I know how to apply a different textur
  • Create New...