I started playing with making animations using new Bento bones lately and noticed a weird issue I haven't seen before. I've made an animation for a tail and uploaded it to SL but it somewhat degraded in quality. The first video is the animation as seen in Blender 2.78 and the second is inworld after export using Avastar 2RC9 .anim exporter option. I tried using BVH format but it completely scrambled up my animation to the point of not resembling the original one at all. The issue mostly appears in slower animations. I read somewhere that SL optimizes animations throwing out frames where there's only a small change from the last one, I tried changing fps of the animation, its length and speed but it didn't seem to change the resulting inworld animation.
The only improvement I noticed was when I used NLA Editor and duplicated the animation a couple of times and lined up one after another, extending its length this way. The result was considerably closer to the original animation but still not as fluid.
I'm curious to hear from other animators how to deal with this issue.