Jump to content

Studio09

Resident
  • Content Count

    221
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Studio09

  1. NealCrz wrote: Shot by Strawberry Singh Love this picture. You look sexy beyond belief. TriteStatic wrote: Hi. This is me. Gosh everyone looks so gorgeous!! Love this pose - you look cute, sassy and sexy. AnnariaB wrote: Thats me baby! Beautiful avatar, beautiful picture.
  2. Syo Emerald wrote: ... Whenever I saw people refering to SL as a game or saw people treat everything and everyone with a mindset of "its just a game!", it was negative in one way or another. Again, I do not care if SL can be classified as a game or not, I just see what the word does. Most people I have seen on this forum who refer to SL as a game do NOT treat everything and everyone with a mindset of "it's just a game". The only thing the use of the word seems to do is to push some people's buttons. Syo Emerald wrote: ... I was explaining why, for me, the term game creates expections.
  3. Neal "From This Moment On" seems like the perfect song for a wedding. Brianna, Alison has such a beautiful distictive voice. Listening to your clip reminded me of my favorite song by her:
  4. entity0x wrote: In my experience, its not the advertising portion of SL that is the problem, it is the retention. ... 2nd Life needs an overhaul when it comes to introducing new visitors, as well as perhaps a UI makeover in the viewer, that clearly describes step-by-step how to get started, what there is to do, and where to go to do it. On the other end, we need more creators that create actual 'content', events and things to do more so than just fancy looking storefronts. ... I agree with the comments above. Many people try SL because it's free but there is no tutotial that comes
  5. It depends on what you mean by "true love". The problem is we use the word love to mean many diffent kinds of feelings. I disagree with Freya. I think the only "true love" is unconditional, so I'm not talking romantic love like you probably meant originally, Neal. To find true love you have to find it inside and "soak up some sun" as Maddy suggested. Then it can be shared with others who have also found that love and acceptance of themselves and are ready to share. So my musical suggestion is
  6. What was your old chat? It sounds interesting.
  7. Ardvinna wrote: I have toagrre with Drake [did I say it really? ] Men are affected by the birth of their children, if they have only one healthy brain cell left in their mind. My husband took care of our child as well as I did, no difference. So this can't be the argument. I never said men weren't affected by the birth of their child, just that what they go through is not the same. And that they have more of a choice how committed they are. The boyfriend mentioned in the OP seems to be one who chooses not to give that much support. And yes there are bad mothers as well as bad father
  8. Drake1 Nightfire wrote: Studio09 wrote: How old is their baby? If it is pretty new then your friend is probably exhausted, her hormones are all wonky (probably has no sex drive), can't get enough sleep, because she has taken on full responsibility for a tiny baby she worries. Her emotions are at the surface. Men don't usually have as much of an issue and don't understand what women are going through. Even if they start doing more to help out around the house they don't necessarily have the same commitment, the same worries, the same weight of responsibility. But they have their own
  9. How old is their baby? If it is pretty new then your friend is probably exhausted, her hormones are all wonky (probably has no sex drive), can't get enough sleep, because she has taken on full responsibility for a tiny baby she worries. Her emotions are at the surface. Men don't usually have as much of an issue and don't understand what women are going through. Even if they start doing more to help out around the house they don't necessarily have the same commitment, the same worries, the same weight of responsibility. But they have their own problems. I think 2 things that need to happe
  10. It's a good thing that they found out their problems now before they got married and had another child. Maybe the freedom in SL offered an escape from a life that was becoming more and more confining? Whose idea was it to get married? to have another child? Who made the "rules" governing the approved amount of time on SL? From what little info you gave I could speculate that he needs to grow up, take more responsibility for his child and the household tasks, become a little less selfish and that she saw his faults and was trying to push him into the behavior that she wanted by setting up
  11. Is that sigh because it is too cool or because it is just right for night-time temps? :smileyhappy: Tomorrow it's supposed to get down to 34F here and have a high of 59F, but it will be sunny. Perfect weather for walking. Hope you have a fun day.
  12. Madelaine McMasters wrote: Here in East Southeast Wisconsin it's a beautiful day. It snowed last night, bringing in cooler weather so today it's gorgeous (and 28). Yesterday I almost took took of my painting sweatshirt. Yeah, isn't it funny how say 20 degrees F in the spring is so much warmer than in the fall. In the fall the days are getting shorter and seem so gloomy and our bodies are not yet aclimatized to colder temps but in the spring 20 is not bad at all and there seems to be so much more sunshine. Hope you get some sunny weather. You too Val.
  13. Val good luck with quitting. I like to tell people it's easy... I did it 3 times. :smileyhappy: Seriously though each time I started smoking again it was because I was dating or hanging around someone who smoked. It started out as just bumming a cigarette to be sociable. (Smoking with someone is very bonding, for example smoking a peace pipe or passing around a joint.) After bumming from them several times I would buy them packs or cartons. Then that progressed to buying for myself. When I got pregnant I quit for the last time. So even if you end up smoking again that habit can be bro
  14. Theresa Tennyson wrote: ... My thinking is that SL is by nature a niche product; not so much in itself but a product FOR niches. SL's structure allows almost anything to be done, but not as well as a dedicated platform would do the same thing for. It's best suited for things that don't have a market big enough for someone to invest in infrastructure to support it in a dedicated way. ... What does SL offer that other games/platforms don't have? - the ability to socialize and interact with other people via avatars in a wide variety of situations/environments. Dillon Levenque wrote:
  15. Des, thanks, your new look is pretty fantastic too. ETA: Also thanks Neal.
  16. Your new look is fantastic. What skin is it and can we see a body shot? EDIT: I didn't mean it that way but ...
  17. Vulpinus wrote: ... David Beckham's got nothing on me! ... Oh Yeah. Love the amount of muscle and that it's not so over-defined.
  18. Here is one of Beckham for comparison (shows very nice proportions):
  19. CarlaS02 wrote: Hi everyone, I hope this isn't posting in the wrong section, but I am researching how fashion is used to shape online identities in games like SL for a university paper. ... This depends on your definition of fashion. I think it it is very limiting to only consider clothing because there is so much more to presenting an online identity. A lot depends on a person's reason for being in SL. If the avatar is for roleplay then the clothes, hairstyle, the actual shape and size of the avatar, their AO, their gestures and their style of communication must blend into that RP c
  20. You don't make a payment. They take the money and then email you saying they did so.
  21. They both look good. I agree the first one looks younger because the cheeks/jaw looks more rounded while the second's looks more chiseled. It's funny the first one is called David because the second one looks a lot like David Beckham to me. Welcome to SL.
  22. You can call me Diane (the name of my avatar). When I set up my account I didn't realize how SL worked. I thought I would give a name for an account and then be able to create several avatars, naming each one. Oh well.
  23. Monday, Monday, can't trust that day .... I slept in and feel like I may be coming down with a cold or it could just be the onset of spring pollen season here in North Florida. Val hope you start feeling better. Stay in bed and pamper yourself. Love the picture and yours too Maddy :matte-motes-big-grin: Happy Monday Hippie and everyone else.
×
×
  • Create New...