Jump to content

volunteervic

Resident
  • Content Count

    17
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About volunteervic

  • Rank
    Member
  1. Dahlia Endsleigh wrote: I checked and see that you must have changed your wording your profile...as someone who was abused as a child, I do not condone the tourture or likeness of abuse to a child. It is against the law in every state in my country and any form of child abuse be it real or virtual is sickening. That is coming from me, who is making assumptions based on what the other commenters have said (I drew my conclusions from them) I did not get a chance to see the original wording of the profile. Child sexplay, or child abuse should not be tolerable as it leads people to believe that these types of actions are okay. Rape, child abuse, things of the sort should not be tolerated and looked at as a way of one's expressing themselves in a virtual world. It can lead to the realworld...It is not okay to play a child that likes the abuse, because please name ONE child that likes to be abused. Dahlia, Thank you for acknowledging that you drew assumptions based on what others have said. Yes, I did change my profile. The original profile didn't adequately convey the distinction between enjoying roleplaying as an abused child character and enjoying being an abused child. I thought the distinction was clear at the time I wrote the original profile but I was wrong. None of my roleplay stories condone abuse. Abuse is depicted as evil in my roleplays and is not depicted as fun for the abused. In my roleplays, the abuser character is a villain. All good vs evil fiction requires both heros and villains, whether the fiction is expressed in the form of a TV show, book, roleplay, etc.
  2. Ceka Cianci wrote: i really don't know what the deal is if you are into this or what..it really doesn't matter to me.. i know there are all kinds of rp in sl and i know there are lots of child avatars that rp in adult sims that it is not sexual rp but a more realistic type..either way.. your profile itself may get you into trouble.. mainly because the things you describe in it fall under adult rating and advertising..and being a child avatar..it may end up having you get banned if someone were to AR you for it.. i'm not judging you but just giving you a heads up.. because adult does not mean just sex..and profiles are allowed to be only G rated ..you are setting yourself up for a ban by someone.. there are a lot of people that give any child avatars a hard time that are not even into rough rp like you.. it's only a matter of time before they end up finding you and ARing you and LL seeing your profile and believing them.. because i doubt they would believe otherwise..they will take the safest route and not give an ear to an excuse..because it does cut very close if not overboard on soundoing like a kink more than an rp of someone not into a kink.. either way it falls under adult rating ..and putting child avatar and adult things in the same profile.. just saying ..you are setting yourself up for the child avatar hunters.. no matter if your profile says no sexuality or not..the violence is there..and torture..and thats all they need to go on for makign it adult..because you are advertising it as a child avatar to the public.. just letting you know.. Thanks for the heads-up. By the time I was able to thoroughly read your post, I had already updated my profile and I think the problems you identified were fixed during my effort to make my profile more clear.
  3. kattatonia Wickentower wrote: Volunteervic, I appreciate what you said with the Temple Grandin quote, and I'm assuming you perhaps have Aspergers? As it stands now your profile is confusing and disturbing to the bourgeoisie. Combining the fact that you play a child av with the fact that you like to rp nonsexual BDSM in the same paragraph is very scary to many people. They have a knee jerk reaction to anything suggesting harming a child. The way your profile is written now suggests very strongly that you are interested in breaking the taboo against harming children. I don't believe that was your intent. I agree with the person who suggested that you put your role play prefs in a pick and describe your av as a child in your about section with emphasis that you you are not interested in sex rp there. I'm sorry that you triggered the anti-child brigade. They have trouble distinguishing between rp-ing a child av and actually being a child.The fact is that rp-ing violent situations is not the same as doing those things in RL. Nor is there any evidence of a causal relationship between fantasy role-play and reality. And there are valid reasons for arguing that fantasy role play can be therapeutic. kattatonia, I do have Asperger's and that is probably why I have such trouble understanding and being understood by other people. I've implemented some of the suggested changes in version 1.9 of my profile. I acknowledge that my original profile failed to adequately describe my roleplay activities. I think, in my haste, I provided enough detail to be confusing but not enough to be clear. As a result, some people who tend to fill in details based on their fears and prejudices jumped to conclusions unsupportable by the available information and became unnecessarily disturbed. I have great difficulty anticipating such emotion-based reactions because I approach most things in a very analytical and unemotional way. I've been trying to improve my ability to select appropriate levels of detail and anticipate such emotional reactions but I have a long way to go. I had to resist my Aspergian inclination to respond "Why are you apologizing? You didn't do anything wrong to me." when you said "I'm sorry that you triggered the anti-child brigade." I learned a while ago that the word "sorry" is sometimes used in expressions of sympathy. Your expression of sympathy is appreciated.
  4. DanielNX wrote: Your argumentation leads to the point where the question comes up, why sex with childavatars is then not allowed. Quoted for truth and end of story. This person has found a tiny crevice in the firewall where the restrictions are blurry and he can indulge himself with child-torture rp thinking he has some legal leverage. Who on Earth cares? He represents a minority of maybe 5 people that enjoy child torture without gettinga aroused (and in fact I don't believe this for a second), and because of this the whole of SL must endure an endless discussion and possible bad press. It would take an army of lawyers years to distinguish his activities from that what is illegal. Just ban physical abuse along with sexual abuse of children in SL and let's move on. There is a SL grid ban on sexplay with child avs because the Lindens chose to ban it. I think they made that choice mainly because they wanted to avoid violating child porn laws in places they want to do business. Community wishes probably played a part too. Sexplay with my avatars, child avatar and not child avatar, is disallowed by me because I chose to ban it for me. The reason for my personal ban on sexplay is that I don't like sexplay. That reason alone is sufficient reason why I won't do sexplay. There is nothing blurry about the legality of my roleplay as it pertains to the current TOS. I''d be suprised if the Linden's didn't consult at least a squad-sized or maybe a fireteam-sized group of lawyers when writing the current TOS. An "army of lawyers" seems excessive for the purpose of making TOS conform to applicable RL law. http://secondlife.com/corporate/tos.php#tos8 http://secondlife.com/corporate/cs.php http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Clarification_of_policy_disallowing_ageplay The "endless discussion and possible bad press" could be avoided if people would simply ignore and avoid the legally permitted activities that offend them and do not involve nonconsenting persons. This is especially true when the activities are pursued by a "minority".
  5. Dana Hickman wrote: ...I commend you on being honest and forthcoming about the issue, and having the maturity to talk about it without the whole "pointing of fingers" that is on display elsewhere in this thread. I say fix the misleading things in your profile, and after that it's not your issue. Thank you for the commendation. I agree that my profile is unintentionally misleading. V2 will hopefully be better. I'm concerned that if I change it during this conversation, I will appear to be covering something up. Maybe I'll change it anyway to avoid prompting more confusion. I'll decide later.
  6. Syo Emerald wrote: How naive you are. There is a reason why most people see the abuse of a child as a cross of borders that should not be crossed. People who feel fine with that and seek such roleplay seem to have somekind of serious problem. 1.) Movies dealing with child abuse in any form don't have the intention to entertain because of the abuse itself. There is mostly a lot story around and there are other things in focus instead of the abuse itself, which isn't shown in an explicit way. You talking about child actors being forced to take part in those movies is dumb....do you really think they play the abuse exactly as it would be in the real world? Every movie that is different form that is mostly illegal stuff......I worry about what you watched in the past to get such a weird point of view. 2.) Like others already said, rape in roleplay is not everyones taste. I don't like it too and would never take part in such rp. But for me there is a difference between childavatars and normal avatars. A fantasy between adults is one thing, but pulling children into such fantasies is more than just weird. So, do you think there is a healthy minded normal person behind the avatar torturing your childavi? 1.) Examples of movies and TV shows with storylines similar to my past roleplay storylines: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empire_of_the_Sun_(film) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ransom_(1996_film) Multiple episodes of crime dramas like Law and Order, CSI, etc with my roleplay seen more from from the perspective of the perpetrators and victims than the investigators and lawyers. Probably the best storyline I ever roleplayed took almost a year RL playing 10 to 20 hours a typical week in SL before my character was captured, tried and punished. Sometimes I will roleplay a short abduction story when I don't have the time for a more subtantial story but even then there is still at least a brief story. 2.) Sexual roleplay, including rape roleplay, is not to my taste. Even when I put on a grownup av, my limit against sexplay stays and I avoid or ignore the sexplay of other people. With the exception of some people I no longer roleplay with, the out-of-character words and deeds of my roleplay partners are consistent with what I would expect of sufficiently healthy-minded people.
  7. Perrie Juran wrote: You know, the only reason i haven't filed a JIRA yet is I have an equally strong aversion to censoring anyone's chosen lifestyle in SL, no matter how strongly I may feel about it. There are people who object to all kinds of things in Second Life regardless of whether they are benign or malevolent. There are clubs that don't allow Furries. I've had girls refuse to dance with my Martian Avatar. I would not get intimate with a girl who has "rape me please" as one of her groups. Many things of this sort. If you were just talking about RP as a child slave, I could accept this. Your clan gets captured by another clan and now you are forced to scrub floors all day long. I'd have no trouble with this. But when you talk about your Avatar, " bleeding and bound on the floor" we have now crossed a line. And while maybe this is just some goofy acting to you, but then as you said, it may not be, how would you feel if you knew that the person behind the Avatar that left you bound and bleeding ejaculated in their pants while they did that to you? Either your naivety or your hypocrisy is showing here or the one other possibility, that you are finding catharsis for things you dealt with as a child, which would be the only acceptable reason to me. eta to correct wrong word choice. replaced 'except' with 'accept.' If I knew the person I was roleplaying with was sexually aroused by having their character do things to my child character, I would be very bothered. I would stop roleplaying with that person. In the absence of evidence to the contrary, I usually take my chances and assume that a person's RL reaction to my inworld actions is within what statistics tell me is likely. Since pedophilia is statistically uncommon, I don't refrain from RPing an abused child character just because there is a slender chance the other RPer is a pedophile.
  8. Amethyst Jetaime wrote: volunteervic wrote: Amethyst Jetaime wrote: You definitely need a picture. One thing I noticed was that your 'about' profile section is ambiguous. You mention all kinds of things you 'like' that most people associate with BDSM, but say No sexualized roleplay. Some people may take that more as a challenge than anything. I suggest you leave the no sex on the first page, and put a RP Limits tab in your picks that only says what you will NOT do. It may not stop it completely,but it should make it rarer. Of course I'd also AR anyone that solicited you if they can see your a child avi, as its against TOS. Sometimes people are just weird. I get random IM's like guys surfing people search that are much more direct and leave no doubt what they want, even though my profile is mostly all business and clearly states I'm taken It always creeps me out. Even if I were 'looking' it still would. I probably should have placed my no sexplay limit before my list of enjoyed activities. On my other accounts, I have separate Picks for limits and likes. I'll continue that practice in version 2 of my profile for this account. Also, as you suggest, I'll keep a mention of my limit against sexplay in my About section. As for a picture, I'll add one when my avatar's appearance becomes more settled. The profile that I have now was just something I put together quickly to get the account started and is not up to my usual standard. When I read my list of likes as if I'm reading something someone else has written, I don't see an obvious BDSM association. I know that the listed activities are sometimes involved in BDSM but I also know that the very same activities occur in many nonBDSM contexts. Also, I don't regard BDSM as synonymous with sexplay. I know many people who play BDSM games choose to add a sexual component alongside their BDSM but it strikes me as irrational to assume that someone is interested in sexplay just because that person is into BDSM. It strikes me as even more irrational to assume that someone is interested in sexplay just because that person enjoys activities that are sometimes also enjoyed by BDSM players. I also know that I don't think like most people think and this has caused me problems when trying to understand other people and when trying to be understood by other people. Other people often see meanings and intentions in my words and deeds they consider obvious but that don't exist. Meanings and intentions that do exist in my words and deeds often go unrecognized or misidentified by other people. To borrow a phrase from Temple Grandin, I often feel like an "anthropologist from Mars". While all that you say is true, there is still an large number of people that will always associate enjoying these activities with sex and RL abuse and feel that 'enjoying' it is sick and repugnant, especially for a child avi. Maybe 'enjoy' was a poor choice of words in you description. I wouldn't be so specific either as to activities and perhaps change it to indicate the names or general themes of roleplay you do like. You can always discuss more specific activities OCC when talking to another role player who understands them in the context of the specific non sexual roleplay or pass out a notecard to people with whom you engage in RP. Since a profile is meant to be something that any of the public can read to find out more about you, it should be written with that in mind, otherwise you can expect to have to constantly deal with controversy when using these types of things in a profile. Amethyst, the idea of listing themes instead of specific activities in my profile is certainly worth trying. Thanks for suggesting it. I try to anticipate how other people will react to my profile. Unfortunately, I often fail at it.
  9. A question at hand would be why would someone go out of their way to engage in such activity? I doubt very highly that any of us are ignorant of what goes on in RL and how sad and how sick it is. I did a little looking at this stuff In World. To quote from a profile of someone who is involved in this stuff: "No sex play with or around kid avs. I'M CURRENTLY PLAYING AS A KID. THIS MEANS NO SEXPLAY WITH ME. I can and will do anything else with a kid av, within the kid av's limits, but I will not do anything sexual with or around a kid av. You'd be amazed at how cruel I can be without doing sex stuff." (my bolding) Why would someone choose to go there in their brain? This persons profile sounds a bit deeper than someone 'just engaging in roleplay.' It sounds like they are seeking it. It sounds like they are getting their jollies from it. Is that acceptable behavior to you? To compare this to portrayals in movies or on television doesn't fly. I think its important to remember that the quote Perrie Juran is giving did not come from my profile. Conclusions drawn from that quote may or may not be applicable to me.
  10. DanielNX wrote: volunteervic wrote: ....child actors who enjoy playing abused child characters in movies ..... Yes, we all know they enjoy that don't we? Hmmm, actually I stopped reading there, no need for further comment. My point with posting is simply: why don't Linden Labs once and for all ban the use (and abuse) of chil avatars. I can count the number of times I have seen a child avatar on one hand. I have seen more people naked in the street. CLEARLY it is a very tiny minority that enjoys playing a child, and i bet many of them have motives akin to this person. So why LL contiues to let child abuse in SL create bad press for them i cannot understand. Just stop it. Why do you think child actors take on a role? Since child actors are limited in their ability to spend their earnings, they probably don't do it for money. I also doubt that most are forced to act. That leaves fame and fun as motivations. Taking on a role they don't enjoy would not be fun. Also, I've seen far more child avs than I've seen naked people in the street. Apparently, you and I walk different streets.
  11. Syo Emerald wrote: You are talking like all those pedophiles..."Oh its just fiction" God damn it, you enjoy to look at a child getting tortured! Your statement about movies even prove it more that you are some kind of being that many people would call a freak. But I guess its senseless to tell you that an actor doesn't enjoy the fantasy about rapeing and torturing a child or someone else. I never said actors enjoy fantasies about the rape and torture of children. I implied that some child actors enjoy playng child characters that are abused. There are reasons to enjoy playing such roles that have nothing to do with deviance.
  12. Chelsea Malibu wrote: Completely freaked me out too. You say no Sexual RP as a child avi but the reality is, if you are child avi, you need to be banned. You like to play a kid and get abused????? What kind of freak are you?? I too read your profile and it's very disturbing. It takes a lot to shock most of us here and you have clearly done this. Sexual abuse RP with Adults I understand as a fantasy but as a child, ANY type of abuse, whether sexual or otherwise is clearly unacceptable. Why did you even come here to post? Are you just looking for attention? Roleplay is interactive fiction. Participating in a roleplay is like playing a character in a movie. Are child actors who enjoy playing abused child characters in movies freaks? I posted the original post in this thread to share an experience I thought would be interesting to some people. A secondary reason for starting the thread was to give an anecdotal reason for pause to the people who IM sexual solicitations without looking at the person they're soliciting. Most people, including myself, who post to forums are usually trying to communicate. Communication requires, among other things, the sending and receiving of a message. A message won't be received if the receiver isn't paying attention. So, in that sense, I'm looking for attention. So are most people who post to forums.
  13. Perrie Juran wrote: Chelsea Malibu wrote: Completely freaked me out too. You say no Sexual RP as a child avi but the reality is, if you are child avi, you need to be banned. You like to play a kid and get abused????? What kind of freak are you?? I too read your profile and it's very disturbing. It takes a lot to shock most of us here and you have clearly done this. Sexual abuse RP with Adults I understand as a fantasy but as a child, ANY type of abuse, whether sexual or otherwise is clearly unacceptable. Why did you even come here to post? Are you just looking for attention? I know that there are some extreme forms of role play in SL, some of which I don't understand and some of which I find personally revolting but I allow leeway for it being an individuals choice what they want to do. But I agree that this goes to far. I am tempted to start a JIRA requesting this type of activity be added to the list of unacceptable behavior in SL but is saying that I find it morally reprehensible a good enough reason? Personally I find abuse of any kind unacceptable. It just simply makes me ill. The "I find abuse of any kind unacceptable. It just simply makes me ill" part of Perrie Juran's position, taken literally, makes more sense to me than many other arguments I've heard. I also find real abuse of real people repugnant. However, roleplayed abuse is no more real abuse than a murder depicted on the TV show Law and Order is a real murder. My avatar, bleeding and bound on the floor, is no more a real corpse than a corpse on the morgue table in Law and Order is a real corpse. All are make-believe. Perrie Juran, do you think that all roleplayed abuse scenarios should prohibited or just the ones involving child avs? Some roleplay is meant to approximate parts of the real world and, in parts of the real world, bad things happen to children at least as often as bad things happen to adults. Also, some roleplay based on fictional universes would require too much suspension of belief to enjoy if child characters received excessive special protections.
  14. Amethyst Jetaime wrote: You definitely need a picture. One thing I noticed was that your 'about' profile section is ambiguous. You mention all kinds of things you 'like' that most people associate with BDSM, but say No sexualized roleplay. Some people may take that more as a challenge than anything. I suggest you leave the no sex on the first page, and put a RP Limits tab in your picks that only says what you will NOT do. It may not stop it completely,but it should make it rarer. Of course I'd also AR anyone that solicited you if they can see your a child avi, as its against TOS. Sometimes people are just weird. I get random IM's like guys surfing people search that are much more direct and leave no doubt what they want, even though my profile is mostly all business and clearly states I'm taken It always creeps me out. Even if I were 'looking' it still would. I probably should have placed my no sexplay limit before my list of enjoyed activities. On my other accounts, I have separate Picks for limits and likes. I'll continue that practice in version 2 of my profile for this account. Also, as you suggest, I'll keep a mention of my limit against sexplay in my About section. As for a picture, I'll add one when my avatar's appearance becomes more settled. The profile that I have now was just something I put together quickly to get the account started and is not up to my usual standard. When I read my list of likes as if I'm reading something someone else has written, I don't see an obvious BDSM association. I know that the listed activities are sometimes involved in BDSM but I also know that the very same activities occur in many nonBDSM contexts. Also, I don't regard BDSM as synonymous with sexplay. I know many people who play BDSM games choose to add a sexual component alongside their BDSM but it strikes me as irrational to assume that someone is interested in sexplay just because that person is into BDSM. It strikes me as even more irrational to assume that someone is interested in sexplay just because that person enjoys activities that are sometimes also enjoyed by BDSM players. I also know that I don't think like most people think and this has caused me problems when trying to understand other people and when trying to be understood by other people. Other people often see meanings and intentions in my words and deeds they consider obvious but that don't exist. Meanings and intentions that do exist in my words and deeds often go unrecognized or misidentified by other people. To borrow a phrase from Temple Grandin, I often feel like an "anthropologist from Mars".
  15. Lindal Kidd wrote: I'm certainly not favorably disposed to the people who IM folks randomly from Search, asking for sex. But the moral of your story could just as well be, "Describe yourself clearly in your profile and include a picture"! I agree that both a good description and a good profile picture are very important. If my profile had been more developed, I probably would have taken greater offense at the proposition. Also, I clearly stated in my profile that I had a limit against sexplay. Not only did this person not look at me inworld, she also apparently didn't look past the groups listing on the first page of my profile.
×
×
  • Create New...