All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Agreed; it's one of the things I was thinking from the other thread about badly fitting LX items. It's hard to make good animations; that is, ones that work well in SL with a variety of bodies and shapes, so we get the usual situation where many makers just do the minimum to get the product on sale. It's also why I rarely make animations except simple ones for a few of my products (or myself). I'm simply not good enough at it, and don't have the time or inclination to learn, to make a product I would actually be proud of.
  3. A lot of older people rock!! \o/ There are so many that I could just sit there all day listening to them talk about their experiences.. Many have been very grounding for me..
  4. Thanks. And absolutely, if you find anything good, make sure to share it in the board there. Great way for everybody to share locations even if we're on at different times. Not sure why your gender matters, but yeah.
  5. Edited out.. I haven't really read enough to be jumping in blindly.. hehehe
  6. I saw you posted this earlier. Were you trying to change the size of an existing quote while reading it? (If so, I did not know that was an option.) Help us understand! It is working now on my PC, while composing this post. It also let me change the size of your quote below: Unfortunately though, from my Phone I don't get the same options (never did as far as I know); I have to select some text then can only choose "Format.." then bold/italic/underline. The Phone / mobile site just doesn't give the same options (for me at least), for font management as in the toolbar on the normal website:
  7. Yesterday I suddenly found that the range of formatting tools had become reduced in the General Discussion Forum. I like to change the font and size in order to make it easier for me to see what I've typed clearly. I haven't tried other places and I notice that the formatting is as usual here, so is there a reason for the change?
  8. Standing desk (Phew, had to fudge that comment with copying text from a previous post in order to get formatting).
  9. Did someone else post meanwhile? Someone else did post (with a lovely picture too) so I can post again, wee! https://www.flickr.com/photos/191119559@N02/53664066216/in/dateposted-public/ Sideproduct of an attempt to animate the water in... wallpaper engine of all things. I got close but failed at the step of making it loop properly and lost motivation. I feel like I'm on the right track though.
  10. While I agree contacting the creator is a good idea, it should not be necessary or put on the buyer to have to or they somehow share the blame. The maker should be checking things to make sure they are right; it's part of their job and what we are paying for, not ours to have to deal with their 'mistakes' and spend our time investigating the problem, contacting the seller, waiting, trying again, putting up with being told we're wrong and just moaning, jumping though hoops proving the issue, hoping it then gets fixed eventually... and in some cases right now still hoping over a year later... (I'm speaking from a lot of experience doing exactly this, for me and my wife) In the cases I'm talking about it should absolutely not have been made necessary. The 'fitting' is so bad that any maker worth the name wouldn't release them like that; in what I would perhaps describe as a literally half-finished fitting job at best. They are obviously not ready or fit for sale, at least not with a 'fitted for LaraX' logo on them making the logo meaningless. Contacting such a seller is likely a waste of time, as I have found out repeatedly to the point I no longer bother when it's like that. Mistakes are a different matter and happen to the best of us at times (even me!), and some sellers (certainly not all) are responsive if contacted. On occasion we've had a mistake corrected within hours or a few days (my own typical turn around for any mistake I make); unfortunately those are rather rare. We certainly remember the sellers in those cases. Some makers, even supposedly good and respected ones, don't give a hoot as long as most people don't notice a problem too soon and they get enough money in for the product. They've already moved on to the next money-maker. I've been told point-blank by one very well known seller that an error in their mesh (an actual hole in it which was blindingly obvious on the demo from the right direction) wasn't worth their time to fix since not many people had noticed it before buying. Obviously they lost the sale, but they knew they would and clearly didn't care.
  11. amon I suggest you use the premium support chat to have LL look into it.
  12. Again, I find myself having to check in. It is mind-boggling that you posted the above, insulting every person dealing with addiction: "every addict I have ever known has been miserable", etc. - showing both ignorance and a lack of compassion. Bottom line: people dealing with addiction use the term "recovering addicts" even years after last having an actual problem related to their addiction. When you use the term "addicts", it also includes "recovering addicts". You are doing harm by spreading misinformation. If a recovering addict reads what you posted, they are to conclude "Luna said all addicts are miserable so I have no hope". I suppose that somehow, your hurtful and hateful statements relate to your topic and Second Life. I will continue to try and stay out of this topic, so long as you are not "othering" groups such as Tinies, advocating ageism, and denigrating those who are recovering from addiction. ETA: An expected response is, "I didn't mean it that way". Words are important. There is benefit in understanding how others view your words, and the effect your words have on others.
  13. Our avatars way back then were what we had. They were what everyone had. And they were enough. This whole SL experience has always been about far more than how we looked.
  14. I think There's no road bridge that connect between Sansara and Bellisseria and Satori and Bellisseria I hope the Mole would build an Bridge that Connect each other. I'm Wondering if there's bridge between Bagheera and Pierless and the Huron to Ten Acre Wood. by Linden Lab's Second Life Moles.
  15. Today
  16. What a long strange trip it's been... @ 2006-7 and today:
  17. Succubi love enjoying erotic pastimes T E A S E
  18. http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Ogham Grove/72/31/62 A quick landmark to one of the sims. Got in on first try, my FPS took a hit but bob up and down in the 50s and not too much lag, but, yes, there are definitely temptations galore, bad for not wanting to spend money...
  19. In the vibrant world of SecondLife, a group of the most skilled Track Builders have come together for a noble cause. They are crafting unique and specialty tracks, each designed with creativity and precision, to support the humanitarian efforts of Doctors Without Borders. These exclusive tracks will be unveiled for public viewing and riding on June 1st at the picturesque Indian Paradise sim. For those eager to own a piece of this virtual racing paradise, there’s an irresistible offer: during the first week of June, every brand new track will be available for purchase at half price. It’s a win-win situation where you get to experience the thrill of these tracks while contributing to a life-saving cause, as all proceeds from the sales will go directly to Doctors Without Borders. Please note that these tracks will not hit the regular track retail stores until July 1st. We extend a special invitation to Motorcycle Clubs and Riding Clubs to contact Jackson Elton for exclusive Ride times, during which the sim will be specially restarted to provide an exhilarating experience. Don’t miss this opportunity to ride for a cause! Absolutely! In addition to the excitement of the track unveilings, everyone is invited to participate in a spirited competition to crown the champion of creativity. As you ride and revel in the craftsmanship of the tracks, your votes will determine which talented builder will be honored with the 2024 Track Build Trophy. This is not just a celebration of skill but also a communal event where your voice helps highlight the best of the best. So, come join the fun, cast your vote, and be part of the journey to decide this year’s ultimate Track Builder in SecondLife! To cast your vote for your favorite track, simply contribute a few Lindens to the designated Doctors Without Borders Kiosk associated with each track. Your generous donations not only count as votes but also aid in the vital work Doctors Without Borders does around the world. So, not only do you get to support your preferred builder, but you also contribute to a global humanitarian effort. Remember, every Linden counts! ?￰ Have a ride.... http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Indian Paradise/88/213/22
  20. Such a nice HQ, Paul! Hung out for a while, but at an odd hour, and the group was silent, so I went on an SL hair salon exploration after a while, need a more exploration suitable hairdo, after all 😅. I'll be back to check out the notecard giver again, or add one with an exploration idea, when I'm sure I can be somewhere at a certain time. Looking forward to an exploration with some fellow explorers in any case.
  21. Would be the longest restart in 17 years then..
  22. I have to check in to defend myself, absolutely nothing I wrote in my post had anything to do with age. Luna is being ageist. Here is a link to my post so everyone can see for themselves. And in the quote below, by "representation" I did not mean age; it was just referring to "individuals" who represent the Tiny community on the Forums. By "stable, low-stress", I also did not mean any reference to "age"; I could have just said "Tinies are chill". I hope the thread is closed, rather than have continued insults and drama for attention.
  23. OMG I watched that video. I was just waiting for the part where Mamma shows up to hand everyone there, their Darwin Award. Cubs in a tree is a sign that it's time to go back the same way you came. Coming across cubs in general out in the wild, will tighten up your butt star real fast, if you know better.. hehehe
  1. Load more activity