All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. That link to the forum post is dead - did the post with the date and time get deleted?
  3. If another animation with the same (or higher) priority is played, the new animation will override the others. Starting/restarting is something to try, but animations greater than priority 6 also exist.
  4. I would expect the real secret of Second Life is the sheer number of hamsters required, and the size of the wheel.
  5. Cool - just saw this too. So this meeting is for the THUNE acquisition. What about the ROUND TABLE discussion mentioned in the Lab Gab (about favoritism etc)? Is that on 5/20 as well? Has a time and date been posted on the official SL pages (and not inside a forum thread)?
  6. Hi I made a keychain with a hold animation and a acript to play the animation. The animation is priority 6, but still it seems to get overridden all the time (finger poses change with AO, animation stops after sitting on furniture, etc.) Is there any way to ensure that the pose stays in place as long as the object is held. I assumed priority 6 would do it. The pose has an ease in/ease out animation, so not sure if restarting it on a timer would be such a good idea. would love some help. Here is the script I am using: string animation_name = "hold"; default { // Whenever this object is attached or detached... attach(key id) { if (id) { // If it was just attached, request permission to animate. llRequestPermissions(llGetOwner(), PERMISSION_TRIGGER_ANIMATION); } else { // It's being detached... if (llGetPermissions() & PERMISSION_TRIGGER_ANIMATION) { // If we have permission to animate, stop the animation. llStopAnimation(animation_name); } } } // Whenever permissions change... run_time_permissions(integer permissions) { if (permissions & PERMISSION_TRIGGER_ANIMATION) { // If permission to animate was granted, start the animation. llStartAnimation(animation_name); } } }
  7. I just want to say that the Lab Billing department was actually wonderfully helpful getting me through this mess. I never understood why I suddenly needed to pay from a bank in the country where SL knows I live, but it was Billing support who suggested the PayPal workaround, and I'm still grateful for their help with that.
  8. Yes I think it's only addictive if it's affecting one's life adversely....otherwise it's what's known as a 'habit'.
  9. That makes sense, LL would have to "flash transfer" the L$ balance to USD balance to use those services, which wasn't the requirement.
  10. 🎶 Join me in Second Life Sunday April 28th at 9 AM SLT (12 noon EST) for a delightful morning of music with the myself, Hippie Bowman and Rusty Johnson, with the Wheatstone Bridge not quite live two man band! I will be serenading you with a mix of originals and your all-time favorites! Tune in, turn on, and let the music take you for a ride! 🌐 Join us here: https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Laserlight/74/36/66 #Secondlife #LiveMusic #SundayFunday #MusicalMagic 🎉
  11. Not yet. I've tried hitting the update pack on my heads... it's a pack, yeah? Don't have my SL PC handy now.
  12. I find it interesting that you distinguish between an alt "that has a life inworld" and that they consider "to be a facet of themselves" verses alts used in different ways. I don't think using an alt for practical purposes - such as a model, a tester, a bank, a way to avoid being bothered - is being fake. (I suspect you don't either.) I think it's only being fake when one purposely tries to deceive others, such as trying to be "friends" with someone who has unfriended another account or as a forum sock puppet who likes and responds to the posts of their main account. I don't think it's being fake to have multiple accounts - perhaps as roleplay characters, to express different moods or artistic expressions, or to use different aspects of SL. I think it's only being fake when deception is the purpose of the alt. I'm thinking of 'fake' as not inhabiting one's avatar to a degree of depth -- not coming "from the heart". Just staying on the surface is what feels 'fake' for me, as opposed to considering fake as 'the intent to deceive'. Regarding someone who deceives with an alt (thinking of a friend being stalked by an alt, and at times I am also stalked via being this person's friend and so targeted), this alt who stalks is very much connecting to the core of themselves in a deeper way (they have a need to bother another or 'get even' in their mind). Likewise with a sock puppet, though deceiving others using an alt they appear to be overwhelmed and have a need to give the support to themselves they're unable to give with their main account. So again, their deceptive account does not seem 'fake'. Of course we can't, as outsiders, determine when someone is inhabiting themselves or alts in a more superficial manner and not "coming from the heart", and there's no easily determined line to measure such a thing anyway. And the case could even be made that relating to the world superficially is also genuine as not all encounters with the world are, or need to be, deeper ones. But for me, 'fake' means skimming the surface, as one is not participating in the reality of a complex/depth world. Reality is complex, and so not relating to reality with a degree of complexity seems 'fake' to me.
  13. I don't think b) is the whole story, though. Originally we used to transfer US$ to our SL US$ accounts via PayPal or credit card and LL were responsible from the time it arrived with them, including all Lindex conversions, which LL were responsible for accounting and reporting to the relevant authorities. PayPal, Visa and Mastercard weren't involved after LL received the US$. The problem wasn't that payment processors were worried about adult content (how else do people pay for adult videos and sex toys they buy online? Not bitcoin all the time, surely?) but that they weren't interested in, or equipped to handle, Lindex transactions.
  14. I have a feeling that Ranch's railway line will eventually encircle the entire coastal perimeter of the continent in a giant loop. Just a feeling based on the available space and positioning of sim regions and train tracks...
  15. Some of us are on another platform that don't have all the downsides of SL in addition to maintaining a presence on SL. Some of the technical downsides do carry over to the other platform so pointing out the problems and hoping for their resolution would help on both. There has been plenty of constructive criticism in the past which the Lab ignores so it becomes just straight out criticism for those who are shilling fanboys and girls, especially if they are mostly not going inworld and experiencing some of the problems.
  16. Its all conjecture of course, but I'm kind of encouraged by the Feedback thing documenting stuff, Last evening I actually received an email with links one-click (and if signed in already in the browser) I could comment or vote like 10 seconds or less!). Wow. Not what I have grown used to. Encouraged, that is all, nothing more... yet. Communication avenues new? That work? That aren't so buried and mired in blocks between here and "comment" that I run out of time? This, at least in this moment, looks different - and maybe even promising. So as related to Tillia/Thunes, perhaps this movement of assets is part of a plan to overall better the place, realigning workgroups/experts to work on stuff that needs work inworld, and less time/expert resources committed to Tillia (which is less needy per se). Blind, I am dreaming, conjecture. But encouraging. Time will tell. And you can bet in 10 years many of us will be here looking back, to see what the changes of early 2024 actually produced.
  17. IIRC, the skin appliers in the Maitreya HUD are from Velour. Their Venus line? So, they should have matched the body skin. Since a new head and HUD were used and now match, that seems to indicate that there WAS tinting done to the head skin at some point which caused it to not match the body skin. Now, if the OP would actually like to use the Picasso Skin they purchased as BOM, it should match just fine. They'd need to turn on BOM on the body HUD, remove the body alpha and add the purchased Velour skin. Use the BOM body, BOM head and applier eyes ALPHA.
  18. So, assuming the deal goes through - what would you WANT to see "different" with Thune vs. Tilia? I've seen people glad that processing times should go down. I've seen people hopeful that their bank or payment method will be supported. (Of course, this should be "more true" for people outside the US.)
  19. My Lumiya viewer parcel stream option STILL works, so do my HUDS. What is the matter with the mobile creators they are having so much trouble bringing in to theirs what has already been done? Not like they are reinventing the wheel.
  20. Amazing. Disappointing! I'd have never expected that. Nothing should be that hard. I know in many things though it seems digital communications are either mired in system-mud and two computers don't talk to each other (still!), or they are soooo mired in s security-mud where unfortunately it keeps the real owner away from their money more so than it seems to keep away the crooks! Nothing should be that burdensome to any customer wanting to hand over funds to an entertainment source. If that article about Thunes has any truth to it beyond rah-rah press release, its possible the cleaning up of those kinds of connections is right up their alley of expertise!
  21. On iOS the app will need to be clearly designed to explicitly ask the user for permissions to do that or it won't get past the review stage at Apple. Plus it will say exactly what type of access/data it gathers in the description on the App Store. I don't recall the app asking for access to anything at all. The app may work with your microphone NOW. (Or soon, if voice is not ready yet.) Otherwise, there's really no reason for it to access your contacts, camera, photos etc. You don't use your camera in Second Life...AFAIK. And for photos, not sure why you'd upload photos unless they were "screen shots" anyway. Who knows, maybe it asked and I forgot. Maybe the non-alpha version will ask and we'll see.
  22. And THIS is why LL's Livechat support is basically useless.
  23. Also by those who don't actually ride the bus and just praise it for the service they themselves don't use.
  1. Load more activity