All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Well ... no. Apparently there's been fairly regular staff turn over at LL over the years, so not many (if any?) of the people there now will have the kind of in depth knowledge of the code that the original coders would have. Pile on top of that a reluctance to improve on or solve problem areas that have no visible financial gain for years now (accountancy led project management at it's finest), see long standing JIRA issues for proof. Anddddd ... No ... No they don't. Not any more. If they can't be bothered to debug why sometimes you can't see the sim next to you for several years. Don't be surprised if they can't debug why teleports and sim crossings fail. Until it looks like it will cost them money, they aren't interested, and when it does look like it will cost them money, they haven't invested any time or effort in being ready to fix the problem. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  3. 'My' survey would not be to prove anything either way, it was just a thought. I can only speak for myself, in that I cross sims way more than I teleport. I currently have 8 properties and travel crossing MANY sims to 7 of them. The 8th one, which is on a different land mass to the others, I travel to using an airport on each continent that have a teleport link between them. I cross many sims to travel to and from the respective airports. I do all my shopping (except when buying a vehicle that I want to demo first) through the marketplace, so am very much in the 'sim crossing camp'. I would say, in my own experience this last week or two, that I have had more teleport failures than crossing failures, and considering my travel habit, I cross way more sims than teleport, which surely would prove the need to be more dire with regard to teleports.
  4. The extra prims and community design are not "free", there is a cost and that cost is the Covenant and rules that are attached. As for catering to those whose complaint is the lack of (one) security feature the proper method is clear: If in a restaurant and one table complains about the activities of a second table, then you offer to move the complaining table to another location and allow the second table to continue their activities, unbothered or interrupted as long as they aren't breaking any rules.
  5. Making short what you wrote there: they don't know exactly what they are doing. 😞
  6. Hello. I want buy it, but I have some questions.
  7. Well it's back to conjecture time. My best guess is that EEP itself probably isn't the problem, but either the EEP roll out or the server change on the 20th March pushed things over the edge and exposed problems that had already been introduced in both the LL viewer code and sim code. There's no way LL will want to admit defeat and roll back the EEP changes, so now they are stuck trying to fix the underlying problems which they weren't previously aware of. I say both viewer code AND sim code, because despite LL's official announcement, you can still cross hundreds of sims using Henri's v1 based "CoolVL". Even during all the current TP / crossing disconnect problem. I managed the entire H7 Yavascript pod route using CoolVL without a disconnect (well over 2 hours of constant sim crosssings). Using Firestorm at the moment the absolute maximum I've reached is 45 minutes of Yavascript pod riding before a disconnect. Usually it's 10 to 20 minutes. So viewers based on LL's current viewer code (like Firestorm) are far more ready to give up and give you a disconnect message than an ancient v1 based viewer. For the record, I'd only recommend CoolVL if disconnects are your main priority. It still has problems with teleports sometimes at the moment (although I think less often), and I'm sure many people would rather stick with their current viewer and suffer the disconnections than try and deal with CoolVL.
  8. I rarely have ever gone on SL, but when I do, it always feels special still to me, and I still like the familiarity of it when I do log in. I never went premium, but the new premium homes sure look attractive. Still won't go premium though till LL build some more, the new ones be snapped up quickly. I guess the old premium homes are gonna be part of a "slum" clearance programme with them being so old and dated now. In some ways I am still noob, and I guess I like that. I came in this week to find an easter egg hunt going on and I was up for that and it was fun, made some new friends who took me to some new to me places. I read about people being fed up with SL, but if a person does anything too much it runs the risk of becoming dull and even a chore.
  9. People who regularly cross sims aren't usually heading for an event. They are either using vehicles on road / water / air to travel around the continents of SL, or are simply flying around or wandering on foot to explore the continents. So your survey would prove that there's no need to fix sim crossings at all (and ignore all the people who regularly try and cross sims)
  10. @Fluf Fredriksson What is really worrying is that they don't know what they have done... Or if they do, why have they done it, then? It doesn't hold much hope for the future.
  11. Today
  12. I'm not sure how these dimensions above were determined. For a Profile Picture I've taken an equilateral pic (512x512, etc.) and scaled it down to 133x133 since LL insists on forcing it into a 178x133 area and pasted it as a layer on a background of 178x133. The dimensions of the original are preserved (see head shot 1). For Pick Pictures, I found that a background of 266x133 with the original pic scaled to 133x133 preserves the proportions fairly well. In the original pic, the head image is almost an equilateral triangle. The Pick Photo as uploaded has a 2:1 aspect ratio but when scrunched into the Pick photo frame (see my profile) my square image loses some of its width, so I guess I'll have to try different dimensions for my image. I still don't see how an uploaded pic of 2:1 can retain any reasonable proportion in a 4:3 frame. Any ideas ... anyone?
  13. We have two threads with avatar pictures. No, not with "general SL pictures". Avatar pictures. One is a bit more artsy, than the other but both feature great quality pictures of SL avatars. So this one here is a duplicate, if its generally about "artistic avatar pictures". If its about avatars fishing with your products...well, thats a sneaky way of advertising.
  14. Riviera Island is a lovely peaceful sim which has a central lake with a gazebo for anyone to use. I have owned Riviera Island since May 2013. It is my only sim and is nearly always full with long term residents. I will never raise my prices to account for the extra prims from LL as these prims were a gift for us all. We currently have a very nice parcel of land available. This parcel faces the central lake. To view the available parcel come to the Information and Sales area and you will see the advertising boards on the wall, Click the one for the parcel you want to look at and you will receive a notecard and LM's to the parcel, and one back to the information area and one to the rental meters which are behind the wall that these advertising boards are on. This is the slurl to the Information and Sales area. http://slurl.com/secondlife/Riviera Island/177/205/21/ The main rules in the covenant are: *No Ban Lines - security devices and setting privacy are ok *No refunds *Please try not to make water too deep or right next to your parcel boundary as it can cause problems for your neighbours, yourself and me when it needs lifting back to sand *If you are going to build in the sky please do it high enough so it cannot be seen from the ground Thank you:) This is our permanent Special Offer Contact Venetia Cazalet by IM in world if you have any questions.
  15. I think teleports are probably used more than sim crossings generally, as most stores and events are situated on stand alone sims. It would be interesting to canvas an event on a mainland sim though to see how many had arrived there by crossing sims rather than teleporting in.
  16. Come and meet Alexandreia, go through this spectacular sim and join us so you can enjoy all the activities that take place in this magical place... Our port is a nice place. It’s a snapshot spot you can take as reference to do beutiful pics.. because 1st April till 31th may we will do photography contest.. ALEXANDREIA PHOTO CONTEST🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻 1500 lindes to be best photo in our beutiful place. Develop your creativity and come to Alexandreia to set your spot ..themed in our sim.. photo can be individually made or in group of friends but shoot it in a spot of our Alexandreia sim..the most beutiful and original during this time will recive a prize. Please join our group on Facebook, since that is where you should post your photo to compete. Alexandreia Army and Alexandreia Social Events https://www.facebook.com/groups/393171448162277/?source=unknown ALEXANDREIA LANDMARKS Alexandreia's Url Arena http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Sun Isle/170/46/3455 Url Main City http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Sun Isle/139/133/23 Url Egyptian Village http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Sun Isle/180/34/3459 Url Oasis Egyptian Club http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Sun Isle/180/34/3459 If you need information, you can contact via facebook Lucas LordLucas Electra LeMagic Misha Nandahar or to Isabel Unplugged PAGE DE FACEBOOK https://www.facebook.com/Alexandreia-Army-and-Alexandreia-Social-Events-2301625113415861/?modal=admin_todo_tour
  17. So is the scroll wheel - the OP already said why that won't work in this case.
  18. Low Li and goodlooking is hard. Try DDD. She is my go-to for cheap and low LI. It is not amazing, but it's not bad either. Trees for 2 LI is hard to get right. You should see her in world assortment, her MP pictures is not making the best out of her stuff. Good it's not the other way around? Join her group for discount when you shop with tag on. She also has some group gifts. And she is in 50 L Friday sales now and then. The best 2 LI tree is in my opinion HPMD. I had to think about it, because they aren't cheap. This version as shown is 2 LI. Tree 08 ygreen a. They have a few options in the pack including with lights, but that is more LI. (And that was an alt of a better known poster) 😁 Had logged in to take him off premium.
  19. Morning in the garden looking towards the park.
  20. That's become my go to phrase in group chats these days with all the moaning I see
  21. HELP! I’ve noticed in the last month or so that my viewer experience is very dark, especially indoors and at my linden home. I know... I checked my graphics setting in preferences and all seems normal. I’ve messed with windlight and time of day sliders in settings, and it does shift and change light quality but something is still very off. Is anyone else have this problem? Can someone post basic slider positions in preferences here? This is very frustrating.... errrrrr 🤯 ~ Sara
  22. So, if a group of people asks for something, it's automatically a need? And don't forget, you literally asked for this...
  23. We can't even get rag doll physics, IK's, dynamic bones or colliders in SL.
  24. A bit early for 100% accuracy after the "should reduce" sim roll out fix. But.. It is about a month since all this became a noticeable problem, and it's all we have so far. I'm not sure if it has improved TP's yet. Hard to say with such a random problem. But it looks like it hasn't helped with sim crossings at all. It's a bit worrying that LL keep emphasising they are working on Teleport Failures, and never mention sim crossings. Presumably they hope that if they manage to figure out the cause and fix TP's, it will magically also cure sim crossings. While the two things do have a lot in common, there is a main difference. You can increase network timeouts for TP's and people won't mind waiting a few seconds more (if that helps fix it), but if you do that for sim crossings, you further degrade an already sometimes unpredictable experience. Vehicles have time to de-rez or travel to the next sim while you're stuck waiting, your avatar has time to fly over 3 more sims with no control... Sim crossings are dynamic, teleports are static. Predictably for tech problems at LL. It's not looking great one month later. It's worrying they still don't seem to have any real idea what the root of the problem is, even though it must be something they introduced over the last couple of months or so. It's a worry that they seem fixated on trying to fix Teleports and not Sim Crossings when both are a problem, and both will cause people to "log out and leave it". Oh well. Here's to the next "should reduce problems" fix.
  25. Derender is your friend ! Right click offending object, More>More > Derender > Blacklist. Your welcome
  1. Load more activity