All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. See the thing is...anything that makes you feel good, that you enjoy, increases resiliency...helps you cope with the difficult experiences in life when they come along. There are many studies that demonstrate this fact, but then of course someone will chime in now that I've mentioned this and pooh-pooh Science. I agree with the Linden that came to the forum once (well 2 of them did actually)...and said the forum is negative.
  3. Yeah I spend time in SL...am at Fantasy Fairre! Unlike you, Love, who appears to spend all their time on the forum, yet pretends to be an expert about SL. Hmmmm...
  4. Belgian Death metal: Amenra with De Evenmens (The sometimes human being). Extremely powerfull, but also oddly poetic.
  5. Oh? New topic, cool. If you put it THAT way, great. But it's not the discussion we had with you. Oh well, it's your thread and you can change the topic as many times as you like! Awesome! * goes off to do RL stuff *
  6. Yeah, a even a decent 4G is better than satellite. I don't live in the mountains - I only visit. My neighbour up there has satellite, and it can actually be used for Netflix. SL? Maybe just to log on and have some IMs. If I need to to connected to the web for some reason I need to find me some 4G.
  7. Better than what? I changed the wording. I hope this clarifies my question a bit: What activities do you engage in within SL that helps you feel good?
  8. Nope! We have been discussing "actual cases" where perhaps your original proposal may (or may not) work. Any divisions are your own perception. There's been no arguing, bickering, etc. since you've been gone. No evidence of divisions whatsover, unless that's how you interpret explaining YOUR thread to new people. Sorry you can't catch up, apparently. You were tagged a few times to answer questions. Enjoy!
  9. Well now we have a direct question. Nothing because everything I do in SL makes me feel better. Even what you might call stressful I just laugh off and click the X and go watch Forensic Files.
  10. I've only skimmed the last couple pages as I've turned into a major shopping addict today...lol But it seems people are trying to break down things into unnecessary divisions, arguing about them, and causing confusion. This thread is simply supposed to be about how SL can help us feel better -- no matter if RL caused some stress or something in SL did. What activities do you engage in within SL that helps you feel good?
  11. Did you dance in RL, or do aerobics or something while you danced in SL?
  12. HEIDEVOLK - Als De Dood Weer Naar Ons Lacht (Heath People - When Death Smiles At Us Again - Dutch metal 🙂 )
  13. I took in some dance therapy @ SunVibes! Carefully curated by a friend, Sunny, who has lived all over the world and brings us fabulous music she discovered over the years. And now...am enjoying some RETAIL THERAPY at Fantasy Fairre that opened today! Amazing the creativity I'm seeing here, not just the merchandise but they really do the region designs up good. Have a friend that created a region but have yet to find him yet. OMG have only been to 2 sims and spent way too much $L. Enhancing our lives with fun stuff in SL makes us resilient ...fun stuff always does add to life quality and makes the hard parts go easier. SunVibes earlier:
  14. I'm not so sure that would follow the TOS set up now. People would just buy buy buy till they get the random item they want.
  15. Luna brought up her inworld groups that helped her destress, so I had the impression it was about that rather then RL coping mechanisms. Agreed though that after 10 pages she might have implied a different thing. My avatars are different from one another and they have different stresses and different solutions. No pretend about it. Unlike the forum, inworld I have very little problems with other's inworld. Stresses are mostly inventory, dressing and the barrage of advertisements that keep coming up. The male avatar destresses by going to a blues club and just listening to music and looking around. He doesn't get stressed but will destress for the other alts. He doesn't get out much these days. Has a 1K inventory and has problems getting any L$ to buy anymore but doesn't really need anymore. The main one, Arielle, was the main account I use to just generally destress just by logging in but more and nore stresses over trying to find the right clothes in inventory or marketplace. Stresses about trying to sort 50,000 mostly no-modify inventory that she can't even rename to make it more memorable. Her solutions until recently were to just buy new outfits but finally gave that up for now and just doesn't log into SL anymore and sticks to Opensim where she can do a better job organizing and isn't dealing with that barrage of ads. There is only one human but as I said above, each alt can have differing stresses that the others aren't prone too. Differing genders, differing expectations, differing friends or lifestyles can each place their own unique pressures on each avatar personality. This is maybe only relevant for those who use their avatar(s) as a character they play vs their account being used as an extension of their R/L self.
  16. Placebo effects are a thing, but delusions all much more so. Resiliencies included.
  17. Heilung - Anoana (live) Vikings! This Scandinavian-German band is so overwhelming live.
  1. Load more activity