All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Maybe but I will point out that Tilia has been spun off on its own and could now theoretically offer its services to competing platforms, Also 2-3 years ago it seems to me the ToS was changed in such a way that the Lab could potentially offer MP content to other grids, which I thought was interesting but never really saw where they were going with that up to now. The way I read the change is that in theory at least, both the Lab and Tilia could offer the content and linden $ to Purchase that content to other independent Grids.
  3. I see the possibility happening if various platforms recognize their specific strengths and how they could benefit if they had the ability to market that strength to a larger userbase then they can get on their own. As an example if the Lab put in their inworld building tools and MarketPlace, Tilia brought their economy, IMVU brought their shopping features and maybe their Inventory UI, Opensim brought it's ability to provide self hosted cheap land, etc
  4. I remember back in the 90s, VRML was pretty hyped - at least for a short time. I think we came close to it, but the problem is that no one really seemed to want it or perhaps just did not have the hardware for it. I thought it was really cool, but from a practicality standpoint a two dimensional representation for stores, forums, and so on, are just more convenient. When I think of a multiverse, I mostly think of the web in a 3d setting, where people host their sites on a server, and we have 3d browsers hopping from site to site, it is more of a standard that is used to build such a VR site. VRML as far as I am aware (not incredibly familiar with it) is still around, the problem is, there just is no demand for it. I don't think any of us will live long enough to see it, simply because very few people seem to be interested in it as a means to replace the web. Perhaps if it came close enough to simulate real life, there would be a demand for it, but right now, it is kind of out there. I'm sure it could be done better than this, but this gives you an idea. I imagine AR will be more popular in the future, which will give us an overlay over the real world, before we see a metaverse start to exist fully in VR. I suppose the metaverse could be considered AR though, right? Dystopian future! 🤣 Okay, not realistic, by this point I imagine food delivery services will be automated, and people will be getting UBI or something.. who knows?
  5. Orwar

LaraX?

Ah. Well, there are some small differences, but whether you feel you need to adjust the shape is up to your own preferences. If you line up your avi and use the same camera position and take a picture in both bodies and then compare them you'll be able to see which areas change and may need some attention.
  6. Well I don't know. I still can't get on. I live in Western NY. I have a support ticket in.
  7. between Lara 5.3 and LaraX 1.1
  8. Do you mean vampire RPers? I see a couple of orbs on MP, but it looks like they aren't terribly reliable. Search on "bloodlust orb" to see them.
  9. I'm standing on it. Got there by searching Maps and teleporting. My script says: Region restarted at Wed 2024-03-27 08:13 PDT, 0 days, 23:32:27 ago Sim channel = Second Life RC LeTigre, Version 2024-03-18.8333615376, Agent limit 44 So yeah, it wasn't a restart. I wonder if there could be some very weird network problem between your part of the world and AWS
  10. Try this: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/51424578/embed-youtube-code-is-not-working-in-html Oh wait... that's for HTML. Gimme a few. Aha! From Invision's own support forum: https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/464821-the-link-could-not-be-embedded/ Oh hell. No solution there. I do know that some YT creators do not allow their vids to be embedded so that may be why. Last edit: https://forums.geocaching.com/GC/index.php?/topic/357692-how-to-embed-youtube-videos-in-the-forum-posts/ This is what happens when I haven't had my morning java yet. 😆
  11. Today
  12. Greetings! I am in need of an anti-biting system that detects and ejects biters out of my sim. Any ideas on where I can get such a device?
  13. I didn't make up that definition, so changing worlds to world isn't something I'd change. Though I can admit that having a large number of platforms independent of each other but all accessible using a single avatar/inventory is highly desirable. I just don't see that happening within my lifetime. Okay I'm old, but I also doubt it will happen within my child's lifetime either. That would take a level of cooperation that I just don't see happening between businesses.
  14. Keeps telling me it can't be something something or other like :The link could not be embedded because an error occurred on www.youtube.com.:
  15. Here is what I have learned. I tried going instead to another region, and wound up at some newbie hub instead. That was Amiville that I tried to log in at. I then was able to TP to Dove Creek and go to Bear River and then I walked into Amiville from there. Those are Wild West roleplay sims where I play a boar. I went to SL maps and the region that I have my Frightville Studios sim, Ichoen, is not even on SL maps! That appears to be most of the problem. So essentially my home region has vanished. It is not a restart. I hope they have not deleted the entire region. So I was able to get online, but there is definitely some kind of problem.
  16. Since when? I post them all the time without any problem. Just copy/paste the link or use the Other Media drop down.
  17. That is what amazed me about her, even in the middle of the abyss that is addiction, her talent was there. It was honed and powerful. I know she isn't everyone's cup of tea but I'm telling you, she was a force.
  18. Like others my work-around is by naming outfits; !Dress Micro - 2024-03 [body brand] [description] ACI-value I would like folders.
  19. Music is really missing this talented lady's voice today, RIP Amy.
  1. Load more activity