All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Sometimes is nice to see things out of the box. You see an advertisement for rentals, I see a possibility for those who like to RP vacations and don't want to pay 4000 per week per 50 prims in a resort to do with a very low budget in a smaller environment that of course doesn't give all the funny things of a resort but hey.. Family RP is like this, some can spend 4000 per week and some not. I saw many more advs in this section than this. And who wants to join this kind of thing can RP as much as they like, there are also people that like to RP in their small "circle" and they can do there. RP is not just about vampires and stuff like that. If you want do discuss... Discuss If mods thinks that this one is not "enough RP" to be here they are free to remove. Thanks for your answer and have an amazing day!
  3. Sure, llLinkParticleSystem will let you create multiple particle emitters in a link set from a single, central script. You can even use the same base particle list, and just add the target specific stuff like [PYS_SRC_TARGET_KEY, <uuid>] for each independent call. default { state_entry() { llLinkParticleSystem(LINK_SET, []); list partList = [ PSYS_PART_MAX_AGE,1.48, PSYS_PART_FLAGS, 0 |PSYS_PART_INTERP_SCALE_MASK |PSYS_PART_FOLLOW_SRC_MASK |PSYS_PART_FOLLOW_VELOCITY_MASK |PSYS_PART_EMISSIVE_MASK |PSYS_PART_TARGET_LINEAR_MASK , PSYS_PART_START_SCALE, <0.75863, 0.75704, 0.00000>, PSYS_PART_END_SCALE, <0.75256, 0.75978, 0.00000>, PSYS_SRC_PATTERN, 1, PSYS_SRC_BURST_RATE,0.1, PSYS_SRC_BURST_PART_COUNT,1, PSYS_SRC_BURST_RADIUS,0.00, PSYS_SRC_BURST_SPEED_MIN,0.00, PSYS_SRC_BURST_SPEED_MAX,1.00, PSYS_SRC_ANGLE_BEGIN, 1.57, PSYS_SRC_ANGLE_END, 1.57, PSYS_SRC_MAX_AGE, 0.0, PSYS_SRC_TEXTURE, "8803a2bd-ea85-48e7-7d1c-baf07d2cfc45", PSYS_PART_START_ALPHA, 0.50, PSYS_PART_END_ALPHA, 0.50 ]; llLinkParticleSystem(1, partList+[PSYS_SRC_TARGET_KEY, llGetLinkKey(2)]); //update both link numbers here llLinkParticleSystem(3, partList+[PSYS_SRC_TARGET_KEY, llGetLinkKey(4)]); //update both link numbers here } } As always, it is up to you to keep track of which link number is which and update them accordingly. Edit: one other thing to be aware of is that particle systems are prim properties, which means they persist. This is important because if you take the object into inventory and re-rez it, all prims will have new uuids, and the persisting particle property will retain the old values - which means the particles won't target anything until you call the particle functions again to update the targets (or reset the script, depending on how the final script is written).
  4. It would be even dafter to keep adding homes once demand has been exceeded.
  5. I don't really know what press releases are for but I can imagine that they exclude some predicted negative outcome for other interested parties. With that in mind I have to assume that it may also exclude information that may be a bit unbelievable, even if positive, for those same parties. And, while it sounds like I am optimistic, it's more that I'm not worried. Personally my investment of time in my projects associated with Second Life has proven to be useful elsewhere and any financial investment has been returned to me many-fold. While I would miss Second Life a great deal if it went away I do have the tools I have earned while involved in the platform to bring elsewhere. Now I'll do some speculation, based on information unrelated to LL, but it does seem rather similar so it's relevant... -- "Company" grows as a result of excitement of the potential use of its platform and interested parties decide to invest in the idea, and company. "Company" does not return profits in the way "investors" predicted. We now have these hangy things, "investors". that tell "company" what they can, and cannot, do. "Investors" see a new "trend", or they think they do, and decide to pull together with "company" to discuss possibilities to move, or expand, into the area of "trend". "Company" resists "trend" because, well, frankly "company" does, in fact, make seriously intelligent decisions. "Investors" insist that "company" generate a spin-off to expand into another "interested" territory. "Company" knows that this is a mistake and offers an exit strategy to "investors". That the "investors" agree to a buy out if this "trend", new expansion, goes sideways. "Investors" believe so much in themselves that they pretty much laugh it off and agree. "Trend" goes sideways. "Investors" sign to be released. "Company" is acquired. "Company" has a new boss but otherwise business as usual, but without bad decisions by a conglomerate of investors. -- While my little story may not be popular among those that feel a need to vent negativity and express blame and outrage, I believe it to be an accurate representation of what we've seen thus far. It's kind of simple really. If a person is effected so strongly by a change in their change maker they aught to have invested in two, or more. Yap... that's how I see it. Now, umma go buy me some fake foods, I love that stuff \o/
  6. SL is a dead horse which has been beaten one too many times but these new investors will just put it on life support? So SL is damned either way!
  7. To stop adding more homes would be a bit daft. The point is that SL can last indefinitely and more than likely will; I'm just not so sure about the new kids in the pilot seat. Clearly those were some seriously grown up britches driving this beast around. Ima wait to see how things pan out before moving from quarterly to annual membership. Perhaps this is why talks about some kind of new super premium appear to have ceased?
  8. I wasn’t exactly seeking praise. It came off as rude as well... it was criticism, yes, but nothing much on how I can improve on it and/or solutions. And yes, I do have a tablet actually, since I thought it would be good to have one for my work! Its even those ‘cintiq’ styled tablets (was only 250). Thank you though, the edit was actually more something useful than simply saying I needed to ‘practice’ and ‘work on it’. EDIT: i found skin brushes for Gimp that help with giving a ‘pores’ ‘freckled’ look.
  9. My name is Mandla Shonhiwa, and I am a Master's student at the Cyprus University of Technology and Tallinn University in the Interaction Design Program. I am conducting research on social interaction values in online multi-user virtual environments. We want to find out what people value in multiuser online games and virtual environments. This information will be used to suggest improvements to these systems that enhance how people socially interact with each other as well as make the products more ethical. This survey is entirely anonymous, and we will not ask for any personal information. We realise how precious your time is. That is why we made sure this survey will only take less than 10 minutes. https://forms.gle/WsDpUHBB35NcrMuk6 Additionally, we are conducting interviews with multiuser online gamers and virtual environments users, and it would be great if you could have time to participate. Please let me know if you would like to and I will send you more information. Free free to contact me at mandla@idmaster.eu Thank you for your time and for agreeing to help us with this study, we really appreciate it.
  10. This looks to me like an advertisement for land rental, with additional services - you are the one offering to rp, but no-one else is expected to do so - and this forum is intended for discussion. I'd advise asking a mod to consider where it belongs, by clicking the Report Post button which you can see when you hover your cursor over the top right of your posting.
  11. Let me please raise this topic again, but is there any way to unite everything in one system of particles in one script for both emitters? Like for particle prim 1 - llGetLinkKey(2) and for particle prim 2 - llGetLinkKey(4)? If that makes sense...
  12. Second Life was never doing better. What worries you? All numbers are up and through the roof. Land sales are up by 60% as far as I know. First time in 17 years the Lab is sold out. Sansar is gone. And do you really think professional investors would spend a single Dollar here if they won't have good reason to believe that it's a good investment? I would be worried if they had sold to some no name investors (like they did with Sansar) but these people know what they are doing and they see Second Life's potential. If I had the cash, I would invest here too. Now even more.
  13. Can we use restraint and not create a new post "Genus is Gone Again!" when it happens?
  14. I don't think it would mean that at all. At some point they are going to stop adding more homes. That was most likely always going to be the case, acquisition or no acquisition. It was never going to continue indefinitely. Just because that project reaches its conclusion isn't in itself a sign to be worried about SL's future.
  15. Yes, although not exclusively. On initial reading, this can come across as suggesting that 'identifying as' a gender other than the one assigned at birth is little more than a lifestyle decision or superficial exercise, in which case it would be undermining and making light of transgender experience, especially for those of us who've had painful journies on the way to understanding that we cannot continue living as anything other than our authentic selves. However, maybe in a more accepting and inclusive world people would be able to explore their identities with as much time and experimentation they require to feel comfortable in who they are. Whether it's something you were already feeling or if it's something you've arrived at via experience of playing and being perceived as different genders, there's no harm in this type of self-exploration. You might find that you identify with your assigned gender after all, but that your preferences in presentation, expression, comportment and social interactions lean more towards being Gender-Non-Conforming rather than trans (although trans people can be GNC too). If you find it goes deeper, be aware that it can feel like waking up from the Matrix and that you might need to ensure you have open-minded and supportive people around you.
  16. Because aside from Sansar, it was not losing money (otherwise the investment group would not buy LL).
  17. Inspired by @Chloe Dolores I decided to go back to Elderglen and wrestle with the Wizard's Retreat. Creating a loft room platform under the roof skylight, turned out to be the most successful part. I have to admit defeat with the rest of the building, though it was fun trying!
  18. I like how Linden employees come here to say it's a good thing. If SL was doing well and was very profitable it wouldn't have to be sold. But thanks to Ebbe Linden and his amazing management skills here we are. Ditched Patterns, Ditched and sold Sansar(many people said it's going to be a flop way before millions of dollars were spent). Now time to jump off the ship while it hasn't sunk yet completely. Those investors will want to make their money back as soon as possible. So get ready to be milked with higher taxes and other stuff.
  19. Yes that was for the second category SLtoRL. If it's SL only it doesn't matter as long as you are logical and don't lose your sleep to interact with the other person. I live in Europe too in southern europe, i assure you it's not as easy when it comes to casual dating. Casual dating means i get my car/motorcycle depending on weather you get properly dressed and we go at the beach to have our drinks, coffee, swimming and enjoy our weekend. Logically you can't "really really" like a person if you never dated them. SL dating doesn't count, more or less its a placebo and usually you are projecting your own feelings. So you need to really date the other person and then you will know if you truly like them/dislike them. Which in most cases won't happen so you avoid those. It's like promoting a specific restaurant just because of the menu without actually ever "been there/tasted it". Modern Cinderella story is nice but.. well its a story. Yes girls do like it but the thing is that time is valuable so you find women who can understand that. Well i am certain when he said that he wasn't thinking of casual dating and the plane ticket cost.
  20. SL is closing? maybe not. but SL is still going strong. investment help to make SL better for today's standards hardware. so. It's could be very great to saw the SL has better server and viewer experience that never saw before! with a new things on the SL mainland as well with the larger SL Regions for exploring! take it easy and no worry about SL is Closing! you'll continue to do the SL Life after investor invested this virtual world. Now SL is having better Virtual world Experience than other virtual world existed around the metaverse!. this is the best 3D Virtual World ever lived is here!
  21. So they can make cutbacks, reduce costs, show an improvement in the "bottom line" and sell it on at a profit.
  22. Well this is worrying news, and it does make sense that Sansar was offloaded first. That thing was like an albatross around LL's neck. I guess for now I'll just "wait and see". Will the coming months see Linden staff laid off, or hired? My two premium accounts are due for renewal in October and November and whether I renew them or not will depend on what's been going on there. If they've been laying off staff then I have no hope for SL lasting another year, so there will be no point throwing away another $198 (plus VAT) on it. I don't think we'll just wake up one day to an announcement of SL's closure. There will be signs before then; whether the recent development of SL is continued or not, whether changes are put on hold, whether anything new is being developed. @Maitimo mentioned Bellisseria; I think that will be a good indicator too. If they stop releasing more homes that will be a good indication that they are doing nothing more than keeping the grid in tick-over mode until they can offload it to someone else.
  23. SM Estate is glad to introduce this 2048 sqm island located in Vinula. This solution suits a great variety of people, from those who likes to sail to those that want to have a private and romantic spot to share with their beloved, family or friends. Can be used for short stay (min 3 days) or long term with no limits. For short stay you will be able to rez your own stuff (still plenty of prims available) but not to change the shape and what is there, for long stay (More than 2 weeks) you can remove everything and making as you like. Family and RPlayers are welcome and some RP can be arranged for you (boat pick up , dinner services etc..). There is a possibility to swim to the sea with animation provided there but also to sail as there is plenty of protected water just in front that goes untill the open sea. Prices are variable, depending from your stay and the service that you want and we can discuss this in private and arrange it based on the situation. This spot can be enjoyable and usable for different situation, come there and just have a look. Send me a message inworld from the board located there or write me directly with an IM or notecard with your requests. There is a chance for those who wants to do it to get also another 330sqm in anoter location, in Crameri, also there 2x protected road and water parcel, sailable sea in the Corsica continent as a bonus with the Vinula one or to take just the "little one" alone. I'm posting here in the RP forum because this is not the usual land rentals but is also a services and roleplay offered to those that like this genre. And is an economic alternative to resorts etc.. In winter time will be arranged something on the snow etc.. It is for me a kind of "itinerant" roleplay offering my lands for that and not just renting or selling in the usual way. If that is wrong here, you can of course remove my post For visits: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Vinula/86/141/22 And enjoy your stay in Ischia!
  24. Ok I thought we are talking about an SL girlfriend only. My bad. Nevertheless, I live in central Europe. From here many other countries are within a few hours on train or plane. Easy. In addition: If you really stumble into someone you really really like, it might be worthwhile to get on a plane. At least I would not totally dismiss the option. Girls love it when you "waste" some time for them. The further away the gens, the better for the evolution of the species. Said Charles. But what does he know anyway.
  25. SM Estate is glad to introduce this 2048 sqm island located in Vinula. This solution suits a great variety of people, from those who likes to sail to those that want to have a private and romantic spot to share with their beloved, family or friends. Can be used for short stay (min 3 days) or long term with no limits. For short stay you will be able to rez your own stuff (still plenty of prims available) but not to change the shape and what is there, for long stay (More than 2 weeks) you can remove everything and making as you like. Family and RPlayers are welcome and some RP can be arranged for you (boat pick up , dinner services etc..). There is a possibility to swim to the sea with animation provided there but also to sail as there is plenty of protected water just in front that goes untill the open sea. Prices are variable, depending from your stay and the service that you want and we can discuss this in private and arrange it based on the situation. This spot can be enjoyable and usable for different situation, come there and just have a look. Send me a message inworld from the board located there or write me directly with an IM or notecard with your requests. There is a chance for those who wants to do it to get also another 330sqm in anoter location, in Crameri, also there 2x protected road and water parcel, sailable sea in the Corsica continent. For visits: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Vinula/86/141/22 And enjoy your stay in Ischia!
  26. I like people like yourself who have big skin in the game. 220 regions is big skin
  1. Load more activity