All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Ban lines again. See? Basically, the other group would have to compromise and accept that there will be some regions where their movement will be restricted. Remember that part of not wanting an unpassable barrier? They would have to compromise with that. Try as you may, either you get away with ban lines, and have one group unsatisfied, or keep it, which will mean the other group won't be able to really go wherever they want without encountering a barrier. Now, which group should get what?
  3. Ok. Listen. Anti-Banline people. PLEASE! Let us keep this civil. I know both sides have said things that were too much, but frankly, I can only speak to my group.Having said that. I think if a set of sims were off away from the rest that were considered "Secured" sims, then that way when you apply for your Linden home, you can select "Traditional" or "Traditional Secured." Or "Houseboat." Or "Houseboat Secured." And the secured ones are all clumped together to be together, so that both sides ultimately could get what they want. Especially if these are not on the main paths of travel.
  4. I don't remember their business hours, but if Live Chat is still available today I would contact them.
  5. That's way too small sample size, besides nature of those disconnects is very random to begin with. I had a couple of completely free days 2 weeks ago and did a lot of shopping/demoing/checking in world. Probably around 1.5k of teleports give or take a hundred. Not a single disconnect, even in to/out of very slow regions. And then it did disconnect me 3 times in 6 teleports on the next day and had those annoying random disconnects again ever since. Today is good so far (for me, but seems like others already got disconnects), but way too early to tell. I'll believe it's fixed only after a few weeks of testing, if I won't disconnect even once (and that's how it used to be for me before), then hopefully LL finally managed to track down the issue, fix it and make sure it won't happen again. It's been over a month already and is beyond annoying.
  6. I thought I brought up a good solution. Create areas that are no fly zones. In those areas you can have ban lines and zero second orbs. Those areas could be clearly marked in the map so travelers know to stay clear of those areas. In all the other areas then it's open. No ban lines. That way the needs of both can be met.
  7. Joy...LL has told us that they would implement a way to do this, but it's been over a year and we're still waiting. I like your name...why change it?
  8. *ponders* ummmm.....what's a man?????
  9. Can we get the US military to adopt LL operation names? I mean . . . Operation Squishy Pickle sounds way more fun than Operation Desert Storm.
  10. And there lays the problem, imho. People are talking about trying a compromise, and, yet, can even agree with a small delay, which will be necessary in order for people to leave your property. Simple as that. They desire the option that people can't enter it. Period. Ever. Only a ban line can do that (or a ban list), and, therefore, there isn't any compromise. They want the "status quo" maintained. Simple as that. Most of the suggestions I saw here clearly shows that in a way or another: Bring back ban lines; Create an entirely new continent just with ban lines; Recreate the whole continent again, making sure no ban lines will not get in the way of travelers; Make a part of the continent with ban lines, etc... See the common trend here? No compromise. Not really, when you look at it. It's, in one form or another, basically bring ban lines. Just wrapped in a new "package". On the other hand, you have a group of people that do not want any kind of physical unpassable barrier between them and their destination. They do accept having to "rush" through someone's property, but not having to go around it. Basically, both groups are incompatible. Simple as that. Hence why I said we should poll it. At least we get to know, really, who the majority is, and act accordingly. No fairer way to do it than that. Still, I am hopeful that someone, somewhere, will come up with something. Who knows...
  11. I just tested mine and it is working. How odd!
  12. Hey guys, just wanted to check on you all and say hi. Hope everyone is doing ok! <3
  13. Very well, don't try the orbs and continue complaining instead. I won't waste my time pointing out (as others have) that as the land owner, you can just eject someone or add them to your parcel ban list "immediately". Or how about just hitting that red X in the corner of the viewer, that's immediate AND comprehensive! I think I'll go visit the happy Linden home owners in the photo threads. Sheesh.
  14. LOL I will check it out A neighborhood gathering for coffee sounds delightful! I was already checking out your sighthound out front (I am the neighbor up the hill with the 3 greyhounds in her backyard )
  15. Ok. Listen. Anti-Banline people. PLEASE! Let us keep this civil. I know both sides have said things that were too much, but frankly, I can only speak to my group. Having said that. I think if a set of sims were off away from the rest that were considered "Secured" sims, then that way when you apply for your Linden home, you can select "Traditional" or "Traditional Secured." Or "Houseboat." Or "Houseboat Secured." And the secured ones are all clumped together to be together, so that both sides ultimately could get what they want. Especially if these are not on the main paths of travel.
  16. We aren't allowed to have business there and I do not have any = there is nothing for sell. Feel free to say hi to Albert, my butler, and grab your FREE coffee Just ...do not open that door ... you will know which one ....
  17. The Pergola is really very nice. Thank you for it. I like it so much that I put it at the front entrance of the house, and also at the side entrance.
  18. Technically businesses are not allowed. Linden Homes are residential and the regions have Show in Search blocked at the region level. But if a someone wants to invite their neighbors over for coffee anytime... *wink-wink* Edit: It's very cute and still looks very "homey"
  19. Security orbs can be only as effective as promptly as an estate's covenant allows, which as an estate manager I would assume you already know. Those here critiquing LL's offering of orbs are reasonably predicting that immediate ejection, or even relatively fast (5-10 seconds) ejection, will (obviously) not be options. It's perfectly warranted to critique this because a security orb with a significant delay between detection and removal will not do what ban lines do, period. So there is no reason to wait to comment upon this shortcoming. We know what it is already. I am confused about why you are implying otherwise, though. Security orbs are not magic. Yes, they might work for some residents in cases where they use ban lines instead, but I am referring to the scenario LL has introduced, which is also used in sailing- and flying-friendly private estates, in which ban lines are disallowed and security orbs have a mandated time delay before they take action. That scenario is problematic, and obviously so, for those who want comprehensive, immediate protection.
  20. Hello, I'm presented with no options on my mailbox except for the left and right arrows, so I'm unable to change my house style. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Thanks
  21. I can echo with more rez zones. My wish list is more to do with the homes than the continent on a whole. I hope to see more texture options available for both inside and outside of the homes. And for these textures to be available in content creator packs. Not for making things for sale, but for creating add-ons for personal use. The ability for no walls at all inside each home except where absolutely necessary; to enclose stair wells, for example. The ability to control each window blind independently of the others. Automatically closing doors. It is also my hope that if and when new designs come out, that all parcels will be able to use them. Perhaps not using a houseboat on land or a 'land' house hovering above water. More, if the parcel is land, then have all the land houses available. If the parcel is water, then all the water houses available. I believe it would be nice to be able to rez a home that goes onto a 512 onto a 1024, creating a larger yard to use.
  22. Oh what a great outdoor area! Did you get a house on a hill, so you could have a pool that's not over ground?
  23. It is not a duplicate thread. This thread is about fashionable & artistic avatar photos and not general sl pictures on overall.
  1. Load more activity