All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. the interesting thing to know would be who made the 5 yr partnership a part of the deal ; Thunes ... or LL.
  3. Yeah… until they need to find/build a replacement, or expend time and effort to minimize the Thunes Tax that will now skim from the SL economy without much flowing back to Linden coffers.
  4. even debatable if the future will be here "soon" .. some things wait on repair for a decade ... ( or they change the situation to a "feature" instead of being broken (as login on the testgrid) )
  5. I just have to grab this from BlueSky because text search is a thing and Invision doesn't seem to embed bsky: To the extent they're about Tilia tomfoolery, we can't really be sure of that, can we? I mean, Marketplace being more b0rked than usual is challenging to detect, but Tilia delay is pretty objectively quantifiable. And conceivably someone could benefit from "special timing" of transactions until this deal closes. Or not. Hanlon's Razor, eh wot?
  6. Hmmm...maybe some people become something 'fake' when they develop an alt. But most I've known who develop an alt that has a life inworld considers that alt to be a facet of themselves, and so not fake. "I am large, I contain multitudes." -- Walt Whitman
  7. But .. Those are skin appliers, which disables BoM, which means you're no longer using the Velour skin that's supposed to go with the head skin. As long as you're happy with the results that's of course not really relevant, but it means you get none of the benefits of being BoM (such as the ability to use alpha masks or wear different BoM layers to enhance your skin or add tattoos/scars/body hair/whatevers without using onion layers and deal with all the issues that those tend to bring).
  8. Even those people who say SL and RL are one and the same and warn 'fakes' to stay away probably have a secret alt. or two for when they want to be 'fake' themselves!
  9. Anyway, back to the topic: one benefit of LL selling Tilia is, LL can focus on their core business of Second Life without managing Tilia, too. It will be interesting to see the logical gymnastics used to dispute my statement above.
  10. The real secret of Second Life is: soon™ I'll explain it somewhere... eh.... in the near future?
  11. Hi there. I'm looking for a photographer to do a few wedding photos. It'll just be myself and partner. No quests or wedding party. Mainly it'll be for the ceremony. If anyone is interested could you contact me in-world please (Noahh Davonius), so we can discuss it further. Thanks for your time.
  12. My observations aren't really related to the current Thunes acquisition. What site is Coffee quoting you from above? It does not appear you posted it on these Forums.
  13. ChatGPT Second Life is often categorized as a virtual world rather than a game, although it can incorporate elements of gaming. In Second Life, users can create and customize avatars, interact with other users, build and design virtual environments, buy and sell virtual goods, attend events, participate in activities, and much more. Unlike traditional video games, Second Life does not have a specific set of objectives or goals imposed on users. Instead, it provides a platform for socializing, creativity, and exploration. Some users engage in activities within Second Life that resemble gaming, such as role-playing, racing, or exploring virtual landscapes, but the overall experience is more open-ended and user-driven than that of a typical game.
  14. you have to resize the hair, not your head ánd keep in mind, how more you edit your body/head out of the "common" measures, the more additional parts will glitch.
  15. Today
  16. I'm using Paypal since 2007 for my L$ and membership fees payments. It works flawless.
  17. when you look for that in the "your avatar" section, i wonder which things you also look at the wrong places ....( might be the reason you want two ? )
  18. and most will possibly blindly accept the app access to photo's, messages, cam, mic, and not as least ; contacts
  19. The memory will be deleted also, if you shift move it to copy when rezzed
  20. I have a $25 Android 4G phone, rated the worst performer still for sale. I expect it won't handle SL graphics all that well. They are popular, since the government gives them away. Fortunately the people that get them also have no money.
  21. There is no place besides the marketplace-- it is the only place I update or maintain. My time is pretty limited, so one place is best place for me.
  22. This. This is it right here. I don't care about some graphical interface that lets me play a terrible version of the game on my phone, I only care about access to my messages and being able to DM people when I'm not on my computer. SL struggles on my high end desktop so how would a mobile phone ever be able to have a worthwhile version of the game? It makes no sense to waste so many resources on something literally nobody asked for when they could have made a simple messenger app which pretty much is what the general public has wanted for years.
  1. Load more activity