All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. This opinion is only held by people with very limited gaming experience. If SL isn't a game, then neither is Roblox, Gmod, EverQuest Next, or a whole bunch of other sandbox games without goals.
  3. I was working on this outfit nearly all day yesterday and it was not quite right (the self-imposed Fantasy Faire burden of "How do I outdo myself now" is huge), but once I changed out the hair and added the wings, aura, and staff, yeah. Done
  4. Is SL addictive, whether it's a "game" or not? To some people, obviously, yes. I know plenty of people who have struggled with SL addiction and have a few friends who still struggle with it. And by struggle I mean "spend an excessive amount of time in SL to the point where it adversely impacts their RL". But people struggle with all sorts of different addictions to various behaviors aside from the obvious endorphin producing triggers like drugs, alcohol, sex, etc. Because some people are addicted to SL does not mean that SL is fundamentally addictive. And from what I've seen, different people become addicted to SL for different reasons.
  5. I can relate! I've tried so many Lelutka heads, and frankly my inventory is an embarrassment with regard to how many full-priced heads I've got in there, the lion's share of which are Evo/Evo (I may need an intervention ), but I keep coming back to Avalon. Outside of her, I'd say my favorite is Sugar. Her jaw/chin aren't quite right regardless of how much I tweak the sliders, though, so Avalon it is.
  6. My question is: If you find Linden Lab so bad as a company, if you think that everything in Second Life works so badly, if you are so angry with everything new that is being done during these years: Why are you not running away from Second Life to another platform? Why are you wasting your time in these forums criticizing non-stop? It is simply something that I have always wondered about and I don't understand? One thing is to make a constructive criticism and quite another is to criticize everything and for everything.
  7. We have received the new regions to create a new set of Willowdale Trails! Hope to launch them early next week.
  8. I've done this with a script and specifically using a youtube playlist. There are a series of little addons to the link you can add to ensure it loops forever. Video can't be adult either as those are restricted to being viewed on the website only. I should add I made the video myself so not sure if that impacts it either. Ultimately I had a floor at a gallery run a video non stop for a month.
  9. No. The topic should be, newbies need to watch up to date YouTube videos about SL that do not look for addictive personalities. Just ask the oldies why they have been in SL for 17 years. This 45 min video was featured last year before the SL20B celebration. I know it's somewhere in an old thread, but worth watching again this year.
  10. A wee bit off topic and Clipped a bit but on this - You and the Lab have this a bit B-Ackward. IdiotPhone users would be happy to drop 1.99 Euros for 5 minutes of fun. Does not matter if they become full(y) members. Does not need to be a 'full viewer' just enough curated stuffs. Easy money for the Lab + 'existing SLers' get to have a sneer. Bonus Trust me - shifted 50+ units off itch at 1.99 - imagine the Lab taking that in from (insert globalcorpname)-play as a sideline.
  11. No "logical gymnastics" required, since your statement is just a "LL can do no wrong and everything is just fine!" spam post. Here we go, ready? 1. LL used to manage their credit card/paypal OWN billing and made their own software to handle that. 2. New regulations came in, with more red tape, and LL had a choice. a) Carry on as before, and deal with the extra red tape. b) Outsource the work to one of the many billing processor companies that serviced web sites, but who were showing a tendency to refuse to deal with anything "adult (like the time Renderotica had its billing stopped because a A rated CGI Art gallery had A rated CGI art on it ). c) Hive their own inhouse system of into a subsidiary company called Tilla. 3. LL outsources all it billing to this company called Tilla. 4. Takeover pirates notice Tilla exists, and want it, because buying a company that's licenced to transmit money in 48 states, iss easier than getting licenced to transmit money in 48 states from scratch, also, that bespoke software they ae using looks interesting, it would be ideal for dealing with other online world/games companies. 5. LL get taken over by the takeover pirates. 6. The takeover pirates sell 25% of Tilla to a large American Bank. 7. Fake Money Crypto-Crap Enable Inc, who mainly concentrate on shifting crypto-cap from USB wallet sticks in dodgy places to reputable banks, think that Tilla looks EXCITING!, 8. Fake Money Crypto-Crap Inc buys Tilla. 9. LL realise they are now RIGHT BACK at Option 2.B, and negotiate some 5 y "promise" not to sc*w them over out of Tilla's new owners. 10. Tilla's new owners scr*w over LL A Ten Point Plan, that ends with all of us getting scr*wed over with hiked cashout fees, hiked transaction charges, hiked Premium, etc., as Tilla try to squeeze out as much cash as they can from LL, and LL compensate by squeezing all of US. Since Tilla was how they collected the MONEY from all of us, for operating SL, it WAS their "core business".
  12. all abandoned land is automaticle owned by GL .. Owned land that gets payments, no matter how long the owner isn't been here, stays in users ownership. After stopping payments LL will reclaim it sooner or later. The most interesting pieces go on auction faster as land in the middle of a region without water or roads. Also... there are still quite some parcels owned under the 'first land" program. Some of those owners didn't come online for 20 years... but if not sold or abandoned, LL can't claim those.
  13. Today
  14. http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Bermuda/188/17/23
  15. Looking inwards generates heavy emotions H E A R T
  16. Perfect flat square. Ocean in front & lake behind. Gorgeous! http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/van Gogh/83/136/39
  17. I Just received this in my mail. It's official. I contacted them because I needed something official. Once again, I'm devastated.
  18. We the residents of Second Life like bacon. Vegetarian options not allowed except waffles and tacos. Please, a pony would really neigh flamboyantly. Indeed, I bathe frequently in California. Glycerine soap isn't available. Regards, A.I. PS: TSOP P.P.S. Oh! FYI: This! Without that blog, nobody will care. Tomorrow things might improve slightly. Life is ... well, beautiful. Timing makes a pudding delicious, so We the residents of Second Life like bacon. Vegetarian options not allowed except waffles and tacos. Please, a pony would really neigh flamboyantly. Indeed, I bathe frequently in California. Glycerine soap isn't available. Regards, A.I. PS: TSOP P.P.S. Oh! FYI: This! Without that blog, nobody will care. Tomorrow things might improve slightly. Life is ... well, beautiful. Timing makes a pudding delicious, so furries hear spoons jingling hypnotically in Ahern unless they poke spork into sensitive sexy mice. Whining solves pitchforks, but why and who, Caligula? Who and what mayonnaise does considerable light saltiness Twinkies. Who gesturebated at llamas everyday? Drama! But love is fuzzy. Ironically, yesterday became tomorrow, briefly, softly, invalidating outspoken sloths. The end is final
  19. We the residents of Second Life like bacon. Vegetarian options not allowed except waffles and tacos. Please, a pony would really neigh flamboyantly. Indeed, I bathe frequently in California. Glycerine soap isn't available. Regards, A.I. PS: TSOP P.P.S. Oh! FYI: This! Without that blog, nobody will care. Tomorrow things might improve slightly. Life is ... well, beautiful. Timing makes a pudding delicious, so We the residents of Second Life like bacon. Vegetarian options not allowed except waffles and tacos. Please, a pony would really neigh flamboyantly. Indeed, I bathe frequently in California. Glycerine soap isn't available. Regards, A.I. PS: TSOP P.P.S. Oh! FYI: This! Without that blog, nobody will care. Tomorrow things might improve slightly. Life is ... well, beautiful. Timing makes a pudding delicious, so furries hear spoons jingling hypnotically in Ahern unless they poke spork into sensitive sexy mice. Whining solves pitchforks, but why and who, Caligula? Who and what mayonnaise does considerable light saltiness Twinkies. Who gesturebated at llamas everyday? Drama! But love is fuzzy. Ironically, yesterday became tomorrow, briefly, softly, invalidating outspoken sloths. The end is
  20. I checked the limit of inventory a prim could contain as I had thought it was 3,000. And Rowan Amore is quite right - it is 10,000. While on that page, I looked unsuccessfully for the maximum size of inventory a linkset could hold (important for texture organisers for example). Does anyone know where I can find that information please? Thank you
  21. 🎶 Join me in Second Life Sunday April 28th at 9 AM SLT (12 noon EST) for a delightful morning of music with the myself, Hippie Bowman and Rusty Johnson, with the Wheatstone Bridge not quite live two man band! I will be serenading you with a mix of originals and your all-time favorites! Tune in, turn on, and let the music take you for a ride! 🌐 Join us here: https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Laserlight/74/36/66 #Secondlife #LiveMusic #SundayFunday #MusicalMagic 🎉
  22. I'm also certain that a lot of mainland is de-facto abandoned and just not yet reclaimed by Governor Linden. I had a neighbour in Metis who owned 16km2 of the region on the mountain side, who I am sure left SL over 10 years ago. It was only in the last few years that the land finally returned to abandoned and then was swooped by the usual cutters. Until that time, his majestic mountain of rock spheres persisted long after he left, still set to his group, with (I can only guess, but I'm sure) nobody paying tier on it.
  23. This is a game? YT classifies it as one in their category. SL does have some gaming - think Greedy Greedy! 🤣
  1. Load more activity