All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. This (the bolded part) is the key. If you go premium and pay annually, you are overall spending less than $10 a year for being premium. Whether you are saving the stipend and cashing-out, or spending it in-world, that's still money in your pocket. For that you get a Linden home (or use of 1024m mainland), and enhanced Support. You also get more Groups, and you get priority access to busy sims regions such as fairs. The other benefits aren't so much worth it IMO; they give out gifts that are nice but too primmy to actually use, and you get access to Linden-run games that I have never played so I don;t even know what they are. But the land/stipend benefits alone are worth it.
  3. I haven't had any teleport failures since yesterday's rolls, either. Also crossing regions had no issues at all. Still, I remain cautious and will wait a week before I finally shout "yay!" in my mind. I don't think LL had any significant losses. I'd bet that most of those staying away from SL because of this latest issue are freebie users.
  4. One thing I see you haven't checked is your AO. Did you accidentally add a running animation to the walking section?
  5. I was a bit grumpy when the latest fix, rolled out grid-wide on Wednesday, seemed to make things worse. Things are looking better now, and my guess is that a restarted region needs time to settle down, that there's a lot of data still flying around the network. There's other things to it but it suggests to me that the dream of using the Cloud for Second Life is going to stay a dream. The possibility that a few older creators had fixes for some of the problems, and took them with them when they left the Grid, sounds all too likely. I don't do scripting, but I have seen some pretty secretive behaviour from some creators. It doesn't help when Linden Lab uses so many different names for the same thing. Something to think about: when I was making a very fast run between Jeogeot and Sansara, with an old sculpt-era plane at about 60 m/sec, there were occasional messages on sim crossings, warnings that the HUD was using a lot of texture memory. I'm not sure if an alternative HUD is worthwhile for that plane, so much is controlled from the HUD, but I have seen the same warning on quite ordinary HUD/Vehicle combinations. Mesh, done right on LODs, can be a much lower load, Display and Download, than Sculpts, and I have seen good updates of some things, but scripts and HUDs seem to be the hidden load on vehicles.
  6. Your point being...? Sorry, Lindal, but this post came across as unnecessarily 'superior'. Not all of social media comprises self-absorbed people posting filtered images of what they had for breakfast. Right now at the top of my RL Twitter feed (at a very quick glance) I have: an article from the British Library about writing on wax tablets in 2nd century Egypt an article about weighing the balance between antibiotic resistance and the long-term benefits of antibiotic use in poor countries an article about how Faber revolutionised British literature some daftness about rams from MERL (the Museum of English Rural Life) an article about the folklore of 'orphan heroes' in literature and art an article about the mnemonics of words on this day in 1792 Oxford Dictionary's word of the day an article about the General Rafael Urdaneta Bridge a beautiful 'Medieval Manuscript Illumination of the Day' image links to several book reviews an architectural tour through an 18th century Scottish farmhouse that was renovated to be energy-efficient a link to a podcast about how 'smart' cities should be an article asking if millenial 'cancel culture' is really a thing multiple fascinating historical words and phrases from Haggard Hawks cute dog pics and 'thoughts of dog' And so on. Not a breakfast image or selfie in sight. Only things that interest me and afford me some fascination, learning, and a smile whenever I glance at them. If you curate your social media with care then there's nothing 'exhausting' about it; it just becomes an interesting pool that you can dip a toe into now and then. I use Facebook to keep up with friends, yes, but also with musicians and bands that I'm interested in, as well as similar themes to my Twitter account. I use Tumblr to keep up with other things, such as fashion and gaming. I use YouTube to keep up with my favourite gamers (no, not the annoying ones like PewDiePie; I follow the 'gentler' ones who play the games I like, as well as various music accounts, and several people who post historical and/or science documentaries etc). I use Flickr solely for Second Life. I use Discord to talk to my best friend and partner. With regard to the OP, they posted some misconceptions: that Flickr was owned by Yahoo (when in fact it was acquired exactly a year ago by photography group SmugMug) and that one needs a Yahoo account to access it (as of a couple of weeks ago, that's no longer a requirement). Since it was a very strong option for their multiple other queries of "Where else can I advertise my items, outside of within-SL store groups?" - as there is a huge Second Life userbase on Flickr - I thought it both relevant and helpful to let them know that it was now an option. I then offered them some more options that may also be useful, relative to their questions.
  7. Another thing I would like Linden Labs to provide on both a new continent and every continent is REZ zones with parking spaces so if you decide to go exploring the SL road network you can stop and explore more locations without having to make critical choice between continuing to explore or losing your vehicle and having to Re-REZ it all over again (which kind of kills the enjoyment of it all and discourages casual exploration). I am thinking of parking spaces with an auto-return time of at least 30 minutes or more depending on their location. Just like in real life you could have short term and long term parking spaces. I think this would also help more people interact in world. The same could apply for boats and airplanes amongst the larger collections of public access water sims. Also in general the typical auto-return time on those public access parcels should be more than just 1 or 2 minutes. It's like don't dare stop for any reason or else you will lose your vehicle. Never mind whatever communication or role play scenario you are involved in you "just got to keep things moving". If any aspect of the SL in world experience is supposed to be about social interaction LL seems to encode everything to achieve just the opposite. If LL can do otherwise maybe more first time visitors will choose to stick around longer rather than creating an account and never returning.
  8. There are two different style changers involved here. There is a control panel inside the house, which changes textures on the walls, floor and roof. This one does not re-rez anything, it continues to work fine. The other one is the mailbox/lifesaver outside the property. This one ONLY changes the entire house, by de-rezzing and re-rezzing the style you choose. This is the one that is breaking. The problem is that the mailbox/lifesaver will spontaneously de-rez the house and ceases to show options to choose a new one, so the resident can't rez a new house, whether to change to a different style or to replace one that disappeared.
  9. Today
  10. That was a boat stuck there due to a region crossing failure. My house is in Reeds Landing, and so I saw it and told the owner, who retrieved it.
  11. All lighthouses now have boat rez zones. Also, you can now enter the lighthouse, climb the stairs, and see the mechanism for the light.
  12. Yes, we did see that. We all ooo'd and ahhh'd over it too. We all thought it was very cute. There was a hovertext object saying it wasn't a park and they'd made a ticket and were waiting for it to be fixed, and we did.
  13. Are you sure the notecard was passed to you from a Linden account? There are plenty of full perm notecards created by Lindens floating about & it's not that unusual for a Resident to edit one of those & pass it to someone else so the notecard creator still shows as a Linden. Look in your transaction history at https://accounts.secondlife.com/transaction_history/ to see which account passed you the notecard. Make sure "Show L$0 transactions" is ticked. If your region is on mainland, It may be that a Linden has disabled physics on the region because of a griefing attack or performance issues, in which case they may have sent a general notecard to all parcel owners on that region explaining why they disabled physics.
  14. I can answer this. The main focus of Linden Homes is the homes themselves. One of the main features is that the home does not count against your parcel prim count. That cost is absorbed by the main parcel. We have to reserve enough Land Impact on that parcel to accommodate the maximum possible LI of all the homes rezzed. The remainder we use for all the decor items in the region. All the roads, streetlights, community areas, trees, bushes, docks, hedges... everything resides on that parcel. Adding a parcel that shares LI with the main parcel residents can rez on adds an element of risk in not having enough land impact to support the house rezzing system. Adding a rezzing zone to Linden Homes is not as simple or cut and dry as it is on the mainland. Everything has to be carefully balanced. That is why most of the rezzing zones are in regions with no resident houses in them or ones we are still in the process of making. Also, the goal is to have as many homes as possible in close proximity to one another without people feeling that they are packed in tightly together as much as we can. Our focus is on a continent of homes with some enjoyable infrastructure rather than a public space with a few homes here and there. We could go crazy adding even more community content around every corner with parks and boat launches and forests and airports and... and... and... Believe me, we LOVE making stuff like that. But the question is, how many homes would we have to delete in order to do that everywhere? How many people are we willing to leave out in the cold waiting for a home so we can have those cool things we have fun making? That's a careful balance as well. In some areas it makes perfect sense. Let's make the coastline look natural. Let's have some mountains through here and some rivers through there. Let's use that LI for more trees and plants between the houses or a community space. Let's not make everything cookie cutter and instead have each region be unique with it's own identity. And let's focus on having as many homes as we can while keeping all those elements that make the continent itself uniquely special. It takes longer to do it that way. It takes a lot of work to do it that way too. And hopefully we'll get faster as we go along and it will evolve in certain ways as well. But doesn't that usually end in a better result?
  15. Whimsy Winx is nothing if not prepared for all decorating challenges, she did a great job, she probably would have been fine if they never fixed it, but they have and now she is five redos in already at least count I think.
  16. I understand what you mean, but I am using both. Decorating, logging in both places, shopping for both. I have been there a lot. And the same time, I saw the neighbor on one side exactly one time, when we got the houses. Since then, his house and garden is totally bare. Nada. Not a couch, not a chair, nothing at all. You can always say that he's gotten ill RL or is busy working. I do know about Premiums who has their Linden home just "in case" and the same could apply for them.
  17. What's the exact wording of the error message? Can you post a screenshot of it?
  18. Lindal,it s an old gaming place,(in fact ,the owner has three skill gaming regions ),and the players without PIOF are so many,that i need a whole day to report them all.Anyways ,thank you all for the answers..
  19. It was not your fault you showed up at the wrong time in the wrong realm they where not your kind of people. Even if you show up nude was a glitch or you clothes got lost in the teleport you did know the dress code your date should of advised you a head of time saying plear wear a gown or semi formal gives you time to dress whatever the dress code is. Also the host all way's give warming say can you please change here go home come back. Many places have this also when you land at rez point their is color writing that shows some rules to help people before they enter the area. I do not know this place where you went to but places I went to for dancing they have respect and say hello to you if they have a problem they private message you do not bully. If you go to a place that just bans people for nothing then that a place to avoid and never return its sounds clique to me. Go some where else do not get mad over what happen their more places you just have to find your place where your in harmony. I do not know the place you where at but every place is diffren't and has rules. Their is a time and place for everything but if its a GA Sim yes you come fully dressed even if Adult SIm they may have rules also where you can be semi nude or show a little or in some places. A Date or partner should advice the date the rules that she is fully dressed before teleporting her making sure she is safe if he been their many times nothing happen then things should be clear if not then best to find a new safe haven to dance to. Lady by day and vixen by night leave to the imagination by day at night when you can risque seductive vixen. I know one ballroom I go to they have a nice dressing room with a bathroom so if you have a mess up you can go their its in the backroom every lady has to use the powder room sometimes just as the gents have use the gentlemen bathroom. Please just be yourself take a deep breathe let up forgive and forget all can do you will recover but when you find place you will have that happiness and glow have a world of a good time.But if you ever have this happen again please teleport out never return. Even if you are in the lifestyle you are to be treated human you are not a animal as civil rights to be treated equally. And a Date should respect you not just teleport you so quick make sure that your going be safe when you enter some feel like home.
  20. Lol though I can visit the Canadian side I take a train there if want to. just southwest from me.
  21. Ouch. I was on a frustration induced hate fest of my own recently, and then things seemed to suddenly improve dramatically. Breathing a sigh of relief, I felt bad for my outbursts and could enjoy the game as it should be once more. Until last night. I logged in, and found myself staring at my desktop slightly puzzled, it took several moments to realise firestorm had crashed me straight back to the desktop before I had even finished logging in. Bwahaha! My current peeve is wtf has happened to my mesh body alpha hud settings. I set the alpha slices to suit whatever I am wearing, TP off to DJ or whatever, and bosh, post tp the alpha settings are lost, chunks of skin showing through my ill fitting expensive jacket. There is a secondary alpha hud issue for me, if I click a saved alpha preset, it can take upwards of 60 seconds or more for the preset to take effect, I sit here watching the alpha slices change maybe one every 5 seconds or so, its really weird. Still, mustn't grumble, it doesn't happen all the time. Lastly, I fear for the future of the game. The current .... ongoing issues with sim crossings, tp fails, lag and crashouts is frankly putting off a lot of people like yourself. I don't want to see the game fold, I'm as addicted as most players, but I do fear people are being seriously put off playing and drifting away. Let the flame fest begin, but I had to say my piece apoligies.
  22. Just gonna leave this here... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Market_saturation
  23. Sounds like you are having a problem with your connection or router/modem. If you haven't done so since the problem started, power off your router/cable modem for a couple of minutes & reboot your computer. Often that is enough to fix transient connection issues.
  24. @Orwar -- This is the top that I thought Neph was wearing. It's L'Emporio's Galene skirt and top, and it includes four variant textures for the top. And yes, I almost always use one of the less . . . "lacy" ones.
  25. Its best have patience keep living your life with out worry but keep checking the forum day and check for the home if they are ready. I know a few people that got one late they did ask but they where firm and had some patience.
  1. Load more activity