All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. So 1 linden is too much for the body but 5000 linden isn't? How are you not implying the body is overpriced here? Have a seat. I'm not here to fight. If you read my replies to this thread from the beginning you'll understand where I'm coming from. God, shower me in accusations of being affiliated with TMP for this one, but: I believe many things make this body competitive. I feel like the look of this body alone should make all body creators out there feel uneasy. The body offers a unique look, it works great for both skinny and thick women, the body has realistic curves that doesn't act up when you're using an animation (like Syn Anatine's L$300 read-a-book animation) and whether you like TMP or not you can't deny the fact that they've always had some of the best skins. As for the price, I honestly can't come up with an argument as to what justifies the price. I don't believe they have any reason to play politics with their prices unlike Maitreya (who honestly updated her body free of charge to keep it relevant, and in turn cash in that way, because that's really what it was) and so they charge what they feel their work and time is worth. And because the body is adjustable and allows you to wear anything you please, you shouldn't have to be concerned about creators take on it, I actually wouldn't count on creators support for this body, since this feature doesn't benefit them, it benefits the user. In short, they could be charging the same price as Maitreya, but my guess is that they're trying to get as much as possible for this and chances are they won't sell anywhere near as many bodies as Maitreya has, and therefor they have no reason to try and cuddle with us consumers. We see it, we like it, we want it, we got it.
  3. With heads: 1) Humans are naturally programmed to recognize faces and pay attention to small differences, and the Bento facial bones aren't adjustable enough to create an extremely wide range of appearances. 2) The accessories that may be used with a mesh head are generally not rigged and there's greater chance of interoperability from one head to another. This means that there are more advantages than disadvantages to having a large number of heads on the market. With bodies: 1) Most bodies in Second Life, including this new body, are designed to represent a young, commercially attractive body and basically don't have extreme differences in their shape that can't be overcome by using sliders. 2) The accessories used with bodies generally are rigged and the makers need to rig to the proprietary weights used by that body maker so there's less interoperability. This means that a large number of body choices won't be supportable long-term.
  4. I did read the op obviously I still dont see what you think the problem is nor why you think your idea is a solution
  5. Read the OP. I addressed it there. I'm out for the day.
  6. If you dont like how the gacha market works the answer is simple, dont sell gacha's or buy gachas its what many of us do. Having read this thread I dont see the following: What you think the problem is Why you think your proposal is a solution
  7. most Linden sea areas are too shallow for submarines. find myself bumping along the bottom unable to fully submerge.
  8. I think what you really need to do is to change the culture of how creators use Gacha machines and get them all to buy in to only having their machines out for use for some specific limited amount of time.
  9. Oh thank you! And yes it is way over the boundary on two sides well three actually. But think it' s worth fighting for. And it is mainland, have never bought into estate. Thank you all, your the best!
  10. And, another thing. What is the transfer option for on Gacha if it's not something that can be resold by the buyer? Gacha created a resale market it doesn't know what the bleep it's doing frankly.
  11. A-greed. How in the world do you manage to sell anything if you don't understand what I'm saying?
  12. Not that strange; my newer alts have some of their own things. It saves logging my main on in order to rez stuff for them.
  13. I have no idea what you are saying UNLESS those Gacha listing on MP don't really have an object there. And, if Fenton or 1928 Jewelry Company retires their items for a season, they don't pull any items from the stores. Those are the last available for that year though and what the stores have left the stores have left. And, btw, I am a creator, too.
  14. ok I dont do gacha so dont really get affected her however as far as I can see the op boils down to this If we get the labs to enforce a time limit on gacha items I will make more money Did I miss the point if not the answer to the op is go multiply
  15. Experienced users would be aware of that, but the person is probably counting on the offer being taken up by new users that might not be aware of those nuances and wouldn't realize they were being taken advantage of. There probably will also be a segment who just don't like to decorate, don't buy furnishings, and so spending the L$2000 seems like a good deal for them, because they probably aren't going to want to move things around, redecorate, etc. I might be kind of strange - if I find that my alt keeps wanting to use some home & garden item or house I have often enough, I just have her go and buy her own copy.
  16. Exactly. I still had no disconnects on teleports (or any other way.) Less than 30 minutes ago, I even teleported from Midas (Fantasy Faire region) to another place without any delay. And Midas is an extremely laggy region, which is a pity, as it's an amazing build.
  17. Quantities on inworld vendors can be limited very easily. Most vendors are already scripted to do that and have been for years.
  18. We tried to give the harbors and marinas a depth of at least 2m along main routes of travel. That seems reasonable for area meant for small to medium sized shallow draft pleasure craft. If there are some spots shallower than that causing problems let us know and we can fix them. Deep draft boats will probably have to use the public rezzing zones where the water is much deeper and keep to the open sea lanes.
  19. There are only two ways to do what you want. Either pile more work on LL employees and LL pulls the gachas after x amount of time or you pile more work on top of an already heavy work load on the creators. Who are you going to choose to dump the load on to get what you want? Creators or LL?
  20. It's one of those things that technically isn't against the rules, but is on the dubious side. Copy permissions weren't really intended so that one person could place copies of an item for everyone else. However, this has been going on since before Linden homes, and it's never really taken off in a big way. Most people want their own copies of things. You'd lose far more money from things like selling everything as no copy. Ultimately, regular customers outnumber people like this by a huge amount, so it's better to make decisions based on what works for those regular customers.
  21. Can they promise to keep their servers active too, that my other question!
  22. Ok. So, in the spirit of being competitive, what's competitive about the TMP body? I mean in the sense of it being another body on the market, I guess you could call that competition. But the way I see it, competition is something comprable. The price is not competitive Features not competitive (what does it do that justifies a 5000L price tag? Does it support Omega?) Support not competitive (who's making clothes for it? Does it even have a Developer's kit?) See, if it were competitive, it might possibly have an introductory price of 2000L, less than other bodies. Something like that is competitive. Competitive here seems to be a strawman, one that no one seems to be buying. So when people are saying "It's competition" what's competitive about it?
  1. Load more activity