All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. It's just a series of canned lines pulled from a notecard by a running script. Despoiled wisdom, basically, passing itself off for something it ain't. Like so much else here. Not that AI is somehow any better or different. LOL whenever I read something and it seems lofty but at the same time I can't understand what they're really saying I suspect AI!
  3. If you purchase a mainland 2048 parcel then yes as long as it's not advertising adult items on moderate land. You cannot have a commercial establishment,.however, in the Linden home areas.
  4. If you managed to cope with the adverse condition you developed resilience! This is how it's defined. It doesn't matter if you like the word or use it....the fact remains...you developed resilience. The issue is, what I've been requesting is....information on how you cope with problems in SL. These problems might have developed within SL, or they might have developed outside SL yet you use SL to cope/chill out/whatever. Here is my OP again: I just encountered an interesting experience @ The Wisdom Circle in SL today where a poem was shared, discussing 'resilience'. We all encounter difficult experiences in SL -- what helps you cope and develop resilience? Do you recognize patterns in the poem that relate to how you manage difficult situations in SL, and/or do you have coping strategies of your own to share? Remember to stick to coping with difficulties in SL only.
  5. Just want to say...Exactly this. Worded perfectly.
  6. It's just a series of canned lines pulled from a notecard by a running script. Despoiled wisdom, basically, passing itself off for something it ain't. Like so much else here. Not that AI is somehow any better or different.
  7. That evil monster prances tauntingly. L U R E D
  8. Those folks are on point with their fetish radar though! The one time I forgot to put the feet out of frame on one of my pic, I instantly got an invite to a feet flickr group. o_o
  9. Crying is a feature of being resilient. You move through the pain and are able to come out on the other side. You're totally misinterpreting what resilience means.
  10. Hi there! First, try these two videos. First for Lelutka to get your head working, and second for Legacy Male. Focus on using BOM, as that'll be the easiest way to go. I believe both videos will cover that. From there, ask away if you have more questions!
  11. 2023 was one of the most difficult and challenging times I've ever endured. I managed to make it through because, at times, I wasn't resilient. I sat down and cried and hit things. I vented my feelings of frustration and anger to my sisters who just listened. That's all I needed. To release some.pressure. No words of wisdom, no anecdotes about how they deal with things. Just listening. I cried and whined. Do I feel more.resilient? Not especially. I'm sure life may throw me another situation I'll have to muddle.through and you know what? I'll probably cry.and whine about that, too. Why shouldn't I? Life is hard. No.one has to take all the crap life throws you will a smile on their face and a sunny disposition. Eff that! Scream, cry, throw.things if that's what helps.you get through. To keep it on point concerning SL...Chanting and dancing in SL? Even for SL stresses, whatever the hell those might be, it's silly. Log.out, scream, rant, take.a walk.
  12. Three pieces of lovely beach http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Minnow/56/239/27 15000 lindens 2048 sq m http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Minnow/236/112/22 3000 lindens 752 sq m http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Minnow/236/112/22 5696 lindens 5696 sq m Ideal for expansion for someone who already owns land in Minnow - open to offers.
  13. Hello All, so I have have just come back to SL after some years and decided to update my avatar, easy right ? lol... OMG Any way, if anyone out there with a good working knowledge of avatar customization is willing to help I would be grateful. I have a LeLutka head, Legacy Body, skin from Stray Dog, shape by Tivoli etc. I just have No Idea how to apply them, I tried youtube, but can't find anything recent that addressed my issue. Thanks in advance
  14. Ayashe, can you explain how the following is a bad thing? Why would this not be a quality we'd want to aspire to? Would it be better to just give upon any problem (SL or RL) and sink into despair over it? Or would it be better to overcome and move toward whatever goal we have? RESILIENCE Resilience is the psychological quality that allows some people to be knocked down by the adversities of life and come back at least as strong as before. Rather than letting difficulties, traumatic events, or failure overcome them and drain their resolve, highly resilient people find a way to change course, emotionally heal, and continue moving toward their goals.
  15. I won't buy hair that goes over the bosom for pretty much this reason. There's just no way the hair maker can predict the right spot to put things for the vast range of shapes out there. It happens with hair over the back as well, but not as often. When it comes to props rezzed by furniture - PLEASE let me rez ad mod it, then put it back into the furniture. A lot of furniture brands now put anti-rez scripts or no mod on that stuff. I don't want a coffee cup, book, cutting board, etc that's bigger than my entire avatar. But that's tangenting off thread. That complaint belongs in the other current thread about mod perms.
  16. Pretty much any animation older than a few years is made for some very bad proportions. A lot of newer ones have this problem also as animation makers seem to be extremely slow in updating their shapes. What always gets me are the ones made with motion capture that still have these issues. As in... did they go back through the motion capture and "fix" it for T-Rexing...?
  17. VERY NICE PARCEL, LANDSCAPED, KEEP OR RETURN OBJECTS, 8192 AREA ONLY 40k. http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Scoopwing/117/27/49
  18. I like this use of the word "Conservative" as meaning to conserve an existing state (or traditional values). "Progressive" would thus be an opposing term, as meaning seeking change from an existing state (or traditional values) in favor of a state or values that are viewed as "better" or more evolved. ("Regressive" would mean going back to a worse or less evolved state or values.) Unfortunately, these terms can't be unwound from their RL political associations, so it's best to avoid them on these forums.
  19. Well that article is just silly. Nobody runs around with a flag labeled 'resilient' and thinks everyone has to constantly be strong. That would be some societal meme and honestly I don't see that everywhere except with macho men who claim to be super tough. Being resilient doesn't mean you can't express pain. Total distortion of the concept. In fact, the ability to feel your emotions and deal with them is a sign of resilience. I love it if a friend notices I went through a difficult time and tells me I really dealt well with that! I think it depends on the context as to whether I'd like someone telling me I'm resilient though. The person matters...how close I am to them...whether I'm okay with them noticing my inner life. I'm not criticizing anyone who wants to choose whether they accept another using that name when speaking to them though -- I'm criticizing the author of that article and how she distorts. I like this song of empowerment for women titled 'Resilience.'..we sometimes play it for inspiration at my Heart Menders meeting where we deal with the loss of loved ones. We make a point of overcoming adversity because if you don't deal with pain it affects the quality of your life in very bad ways, and part of that process is crying on each others shoulder.
  20. THIS ROADSIDE COMES WITH A HOUSE AND DECORATED YARD, THERE IS ALSO ROOM FOR A BACKYARD, VERY NICE PARCEL. 4096 METERS. 20k http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Moran/88/106/50
  21. Frankly surprised they haven't gone into it, if they really haven't yet. It's a widely known trope and one a lot of us struggle with fairly often. I won't go any further with that, though, because that whole concept goes places. Lots and lots of places (you could even follow it into the medical field, if you really wanted to). To keep things related to SL, I'll just say there's nothing in there that could stress me out enough to where I'd even need to employ such techniques. That little red X button is all I need. 😂 But no really - socializing with close friends and photography are great for general stress relief and the bulk of how I use SL these days.
  22. If I buy premium plus, can I set up my store on these 2048sq. m?
  23. My brain hurts from reading the entirety of this thread. It is a pain that was obviously self inflicted since I had the choice to read or not. So I have learned that perhaps I shouldn't of continued to read through a topic that was made confusing the more it was discussed. Like things that have happened in my sl over the years that were negative experiences for me. There haven't been many in sl thankfully, but I have made a point to learn from each experience things I could actively do differently to avoid those types of experiences from happening again. I can't control other people's actions, but I can control my own. I take responsiblity for my actions because again, the only person I have control over is myself. I learned to put up personal boundaries for self care. My family and friends know those boundaries and I know theirs. We all make the agreement to respect said boundaries for all of our own sanity. That is why the family and friend group I have in sl was established years ago and has lasted to the present day. My rl has been complicated and difficult enough so I do everything in my power to make sure my sl is a mini holiday for me when I login. I don''t have any special techniques or exercises. Just learning from past experiences I've had. I simply call that common sense though. Not resilience.
  1. Load more activity