All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Can you believe I just recently planted those flowers! Well, I had to share with you a few more 'show and tell photos' around my yard, and introduce you to Leon Lewis, working in my yard! Leon Lewis Hunter is a very polite young man, happy to (RP) cut the grass, water flowers/bushes, etc. He's not running a business, it's just his Roll Play. If you see him around, be sure and say hello, I'll bet he'd love to meet you and clean up your yard or trim some branches! I had some friends stop by to watch Leon work, and we lived it! Disclosure: He doesn't ask for $L or use a tip jar, understands you can't have a biz in Bellisseria (it's his RP fun), and (currently) understands not to walk into houses without an invitation. Maybe give him a treat for stopping by like a cookie or a snack! I need snacks in the house, so I did give Leon a few $L as a little tip. He wrote me the sweetest note card he will use my tip just to buy more tools for his Role Play. I think Leon's mother would be very proud of him (and it made for a really fun day, too).
  3. Especially when it comes to something like hair, alpha masking works best if you design the texture to be alpha masked. The less "fuzzy" the texture's alpha edges are, the smoother it will look when masked.
  4. 32768sqm 11250prim Beatifull Acontia Thinking about sell cheap.. Im me with your price: INWORLD: BaTu Ghost http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Acontia/206/67/108
  5. Hello neighbors. This is my LH Traditional Continental, Overlooking the beautiful bridges in Oldridge. Another amazing region by the Moles. Lovely porch by Blush Bravin, and Continental Exterior paint shell by the very talented Christhiana. The texture is the LH - Traditional - Siding - Spring Moss + some tint towards brown. I love the provided L exterior colors, but a little tint helped to stop my house being the same color as others close by while still using the same baseline texture.
  6. I've been debating about starting a Flickr for SL or just using the Instagram I recently started. Do many people use Instagram for SL now?
  7. We at the Snipe Tribe Defense Society (STDS) are outraged that you denigrate snipes. An AR will be forthcoming! good day, Sir!
  8. Fixed... depends what you mean by fixed. Mesh can be designed to minimize this problem. It is tedious. The nature of the problem is in the render-math. For fast rendering small integers are use used. When you see a number like 123.12345 you are seeing the max number of digits in use in SL rendering (I think - it has been awhile since I went through the math). The position of a vertex may be 0.00000, 0.00000, 0.00000 (x,y,z). If so and you move it to 1,000m altitude it changes to 0.00000, 0.00000, 1,000.0000 and you should notice the 5th place 0 drops off. We get a rounding error if that was any value other than 0. I am writing in base 10 to make it easier to see. In binary the difference in digits used between 1,000 (11 1110 1000 - 10 places) and 4,000 (1111 1010 0000 - 12 places) is bigger. If you look at the binary and limit the number to the eight left-most significant digits you can see the problem. Trim off the right-most 4 and you trim off a value of 15. So, if vertices are at values like 0.00000, 0.00000, 1,000.5555 then moving to 4,000m altitude is going to cause vertices to move around. The SL system is not going to change. To use larger numbers with less round off problems would cause a significant performance hit. Are designers going to do better? Probably not. There is no reason to tweak every vertex on a seam unless there is an expectation it will be used mostly at high elevations, which avatars and clothes usually aren't. Going above 1024m elevation trims a digit, above 2048 trims another, above 4095 trims a third digit. The Lab considers 4095 the ceiling. You can go above that but expect problems.
  9. Oh yes. Mac Laptops don't have page-up and page-down. So you have to simulate it with 2 keys.
  10. Might I reverse the question a moment ? How many people regularly log in to SL, but studiously avoid the snipe fest here ?
  11. I'm only active on the game to take pictures. Otherwise there's not much to do on the game for me to stay logged on for periods of time.
  12. Something else has just come to mind. Depending on your operating system, sometimes other software installed, or your particular keyboard, the Page UP and Page Down keys might have become disabled. Try toggling Num Lock, and/or Scroll Lock(if you have one) if so.
  13. Seeking friendly and enthusiastic professionals for REAL ESTATE AGENT positions! RESPONSIBILITIES: - Working with prospective tenants to show rental properties, discuss budget and needs/desires, answer questions, and address any concerns. - Respond to questions and requests for showings and/or information in a timely manner. - Keep rental listings up-to-date with available properties. - Take photos and write descriptions of properties. - Actively promote properties to seek out new renters and encourage existing renters to stay and get more involved within the community. - Attend weekly staff meetings. - Other duties as assigned. QUALIFICATIONS: - Professional, courteous demeanor and appearance. Agents are expected to dress appropriately in business attire while on the job and meeting with clients. - Outgoing and friendly personality, with strong interpersonal communication. An excellent verbal communicator. - Previous experience with CasperLet rental boxes highly preferred. - Reliable, dedicated and enthusiastic person, excited to join a family-like work atmosphere. - Reliable access to Second Life on a computer, not a mobile device. The position will involve a 4-hour per week commitment, with the requirement of being present for a weekly staff meeting. Communication will also occur via a company email account and other web-based team organization software. Competitive base compensation is offered, plus commission for each property rented. TO APPLY: Online- visiting https://forms.gle/xPsLHJBvW7vPPjDD9 In-World: Visit Davies Tower: (http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Sapphire%20Skies/186/237/17) Questions can be directed to Purple either by IM or NC, or via email at purple@visualfantasymedia.com. Or, you can call the office by NorPhone at 215-787-7531.
  14. And if you ever need the RGB values, and can't access the site for any reason, just send me a message here with the pic/color, and I'll be more than happy to upload it into Photoshop for you
  15. Hahaha - I'm always bouncing around the grid! It's all a blur now.
  16. Walk through this troubleshooter https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/fs_missing_inventory
  17. Our up-and-coming media company is seeking friendly and enthusiastic professionals in Advertising Sales. RESPONSIBILITIES: - Selling advertisement space for VFM Style, our company's e-zine, by contacting different Second Life creators, businesses, communities, etc... - Help to design ads for the client - Help develop a list of communities and in-world locations that would be willing to place a newspaper box for e-zine distribution - Attend weekly staff meetings - Other duties as assigned QUALIFICATIONS: - Professional, courteous demeanor and appearance. Sales coordinators are expected to dress appropriately in business attire while on the job and meeting with clients. - Outgoing and friendly personality, with strong interpersonal communication. An excellent verbal communicator. - Reliable, dedicated and enthusiastic person, excited to join a family-like work atmosphere. - Reliable access to Second Life on a computer, not a mobile device. The position will involve a 4-hour per week commitment, with the requirement of being present for a weekly staff meeting. Communication will also occur via a company email account and other web-based team organization software. Competitive base compensation is offered, plus commission for each ad sold. TO APPLY: Online- visiting https://forms.gle/inLxoQHy1dRYb15J8 In-World: Visit Davies Tower: (http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Sapphire%20Skies/186/237/17
  18. Content optimization is only half the story when it comes to performance, it gets a lot of attention here as it's the only factor we have any control over. The complete issue is far more systemic and can't be changed. You could put the same OTT content from SL in an actual game engine and it will render a lot faster, but game engines can't do what SL do. Again .. this is why LL wandered off and made Sansar, it's very different from how SL works because of all the lessons learnt from our side of the fence. I would go as far as to say we're more likely to see a functional mobile port of that platform long before SL just because of the design differences. It wouldn't really make much difference as the initial content would have to be fetched, processed and rendered. Impostors in SL are created on the client, so they would still be slower than just not rendering people at all. The stuff that needs to change to make SL run well enough for mobile (or well enough for desktop!) is all stuff that's pretty fundamental to how SL works. The best we can hope for at this point is perhaps some kind of rendered avatar dress up, just your avatar and nothing else. But even then it presents a number of daunting challenges translating SL's file/folder inventory system into something practical. Wouldn't be surprised that if we did get anything like this, it would only allow switching of previously saved outfits.
  19. Also, work through the toubleshooter that Firestorm provides. https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/fs_missing_inventory
  20. This issue has been resolved. And as other have said... When in doubt file an Abuse Report. That is the best way we can get all the info to take appropriate action. As this has now been resolved I will be locking this thread. Thank you.
  21. THAT is the right tool for me!! Just tried it! Worked to a marvel!
  1. Load more activity