All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Alwin Alcott

Ruth hair

ruth hair = browshaper, it is one of the non removable items on a avatar. You can hide the hair by applying a transparant texture on it, ánd set all sliders concerning the hair at 0. Do not touch the brow sliders if those are ok
  3. By what agency? Both companies are private, so there are no shareholders, only investors who are represented by the boards of both companies. You may be right. You could even say that the Tilia acquisition is part 2, with part one being the departure of LL's VP engineering and VP marketing in January. You could further project that LL expects the exit to be complete within 5 years, given that that's the stated duration of the Thune partnership. [I doubt that LL would sell user data and content to an AI company, even if technically they have the right to do so. They would be begging for a class action suit.] BUT .. 5 years is a long time, and a lot could happen. Sl's user base could dry up and blow away naturally. Or, a large, dedicated contingent could simply continue nearly indefinitely, and some weird employee buyback scenario could unfold, if Patch, Grumpity and possibly Oberwager were interested. Or Thune could dry up and blow away, and LL might then be unable to find a payment partner (seems unlikely to me, but stranger things have happened). Or the Thune partnership could simply be extended. Again, you could be right. Personally, I find this all very, very interesting, and I'm willing to wait and see. Oh, and I want to commend everyone on this thread for a really Thought-Provoking discussion.
  4. Today
  5. Lydia Imtiaz

Ruth hair

Hi all hoping somebody can help, i have a ruth hair inside my Lelutka head and hoping somebody knows how i can remove it .. i changed to an older eyebrow base and then the ruth hair appeared inside, i changed the brow base back but now i cant remove the ruth hair if anyone could shed light on how to remove it please let me know.. many thanks.. Lydia
  6. My take and understanding is that Tilia was spun off as a wholly separate company with a parent company as a major steak holder. I've been there IRL when my department at big company was spun off to form a newer small company. We were fully independent with some board oversight. We did our own thing for a long time, moved from being a small company to a medium to large company. And so, at one point the original parent company decided to absorbed us back into the fold (as it were). By *buying us in a merger*. There was a lot of wailing over that because as the spun off company our benefits package was ***way*** superior and we as employees lost a lot being merged back into the original parent company. Surprisingly parent company kept us mostly whole as our own semi-autonomous departments again. It took me about 5 years to get back to where I was benefits wise, and I would never realize the lost upper tiers of benefits. (but they did bridge my time 'away' so that was bonus). So Tilia being sold off *can* impact Second Life in some ways but how directly impactful will probably be fairly minimal since it is a fully separate entity from Second Life. I could be wrong of course but my previous experience says it's not a wholly doom and gloom thing. We'll see going forward I guess. I doubt that is a real possibility. Tilia (soon to be Thune) will be a 3rd party payment processor. People will buy Linden Dollars (L$) and then spend them on clothes, shoes, houses, real estate, and yes, some adulty thing. People cashing out will have gotten the L$s from sales of clothes, shoes, houses, real estate, and yes (again) some adulty things. But at the Tilia/Thune level of interaction the L$ are never associated with any of that. They can't say "this bucket of currency came from this source, that bucket of currency came from that source, and this other bucket of currency was a mix of the two". They are all just a buckets of currency, nothing more and the clearinghouse/payment processor will do it's thing, collect their middleman fees and carry on. Since there is that insulating layer, I'm not sure how much actual control this new thing will have on a third company. It's not like Tumblr which was bought in whole by a company that then decided to make changes to their property. Second Life is not becoming a part of Thune, or even a subsidiary, as I understand it from my article reading. See my above. This is different in some significant ways from where banks and payment processes have worked to "moralize" their involvement in the adult entertainment industry. They have done this with specifically adult oriented enterprises. They mainly "moralize" it because they don't want to be on record as being a part of a specifically adult oriented business. Second Life is not a specifically an adult oriented business. any more than X née Twitter is. Yeah, a lot of adulty stuff exists on that platform but that not who they are as a platform and so Banks and Payment Processors don't have much leverage or muscles to flex in terms of content or content policy. So long as they can have a PR plausible separation form prurient enterprises, they move money and collect their fees. again just my first thoughts take.
  7. 7,680 (7.5 / m2) http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Peliantes/235/202/35
  8. Since Thune will have more payment options, I hope PayPal is one of them.
  9. On the one hand, you say the above. On the other hand, you have disagreed that selling Tilia is a good move. There is no winning, no matter what LL does.
  10. tl;dr (yeah, I got wordy) - while that all may be true, the risks are are not confined to the use of a UUID, and the risks are fairly minimal if one uses common sense and easily eliminated with with a documented command to examine a given key. There is potential for doom and gloom in SL to be sure, but UUIDs are low on the threat list. With that, I stand by my original comment that UUIDs are either people/groups or assets. Any other UUID use is outside the scope of Second Life Processes. What all you said is basically true with any arbitrary text string which is what a UUID key ultimately is. Unless you're sending a specially formatted sentence in open chat, or a targeted IM, nothing is going to happen. If those doom scenarios are going to happen, they wouldn't in of themselves require a UUID key to do their nefarious work, just a very specific string sent in a very specific way to a very specific place. And that very specific string could be very innocent looking like "how's everyone doing todya" (deliberate typo). To send a message to the ID as an IM requires jumping through a lot of hoops and so it not going to be something that anyone with nefarious intents is going to expect people to do. Now all that said, as the second reply in this chain stated, using it as text input to an object's dialogue box *may* cause it do something so, yes, that would be risky and to be avoided Maybe saying it in open chat near a target object again *may* cause it to do something and, yes again, could be risky. But then you have to know what object it's intended for. So, yes, best avoid if your told to use it at a specific location or near a specifically named object. It's the same risk if someone told you go to some location and say "peanut butter jelly time" out loud. I personally wouldn't unless I really trusted the person and even then I'd be somewhat wary. So those risks are there with any arbitrary text string. and I'll grant with attachments and HUDS that listen your risk marginally increases. Though if you're wearing reputable/trusted items, then your risk is minimal, and that risk becomes a personal decision. However, doing an area search wouldn't be risky mainly because Firestorms area search doesn't allow you to search for UUIDs. Doing the general search from the search bar in any viewer never transmits your search term outside of the search system so that too would not be risky. Also, if you search for an ID in the general search you only get back results if the person or group put that literal string in their profile (about and/or pick). Lastly, you can easily (and safely) test if a key is associated with a person or group by using the command "secondlife:///app/agent/<UUID>/username" and if it's a person or group it'll come back with the name of the person or group, if it comes back with nothing then it's an asset or an unused key in the system. This is not some deep dark secret, but a documented command for scripting. Mostly. I probably wouldn't do it in open chat around other people, but not due to risks, but for the simple reason of not wanting to clutter local chat with mostly garbage. Lastly lastly: that's an actual user name in the original post's quoted block. The OP, @MatthewRiver, might want to edit and remove that.
  11. Community: Event MAXIMILLION KLEENE 8PM SLT @ MAVERICKS MC Time: Friday, FRI 04.26.24 8:00 pm slt Duration: 1 hour Location: Teleport to Max Kleene's Show by clicking here - Mavericks MC Concert Level Host: Door to America, Mavericks MC, Whitelisted, Global Initiative Category: SL MC Community, Motorcycle Clubs in SL, The Interstates Tips Appreciated by Artist Listen to "Some Nights" by FUN - Click Here - Acoustic Cover If music feeds the soul, Maximillion Kleene is the food of the gods. His dynamic musical range and smooth groove provide many a listener with a virtual buffet of auditory temptations. Max started his music career with formal study of piano at the Royal Conservatory but quickly realized that it was the guitar guys who got the chicks. By 19, he was seriously immersed in the very center of his musical soul in AC/DC and from there branched out to experiment with sounds that range from Pearl Jam to Foo Fighters to Jason Mraz. Max brings high energy and a vast repertoire of quirky, classic, and current covers to Second Life. Oozing charisma and charm, he provides his fans with an hour of musical magic. YOU may not know us, but there was a time when you didn't have groups or a lot of friends in SL until you met them first. Maybe, it's time you visited a new region just to say hello, meet some new people and, possibly, some new friends! Don't forget to visit our "Nightmare Before Christmas" Track Don't Miss Out on Riding Mavericks MC: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Ruffneck Falls/196/86/24 DOOR to AMERICA: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Door to America/221/203/417 New SL Citizens @ DtA: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Door to America/146/147/24 Door to America Blogspot: Door to America Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/DtDHQs9aRb Mavericks MC is currently recruiting - come, visit! DOOR TO AMERCIA FEATURED IN SL DESTINATION GUIDE: DtA NOTE: We ride from bottom to top, no stop, and say "RC RC RC" in text or Voice, and we'll get you where you need to be. If you are inexperienced or beginner, that's fine, we'll wait for you and help you!
  12. I visited BumbleBee for the first time today. And demoed a few things. I like the clothes, but the HUDs... ... quarter-screen sized and non-resizable. I've moaned to several stores about this. Stop covering up the very thing I'm trying to dress!!!!. I wish SL viewers would let us have the HUDs on a separate window.
  13. I hadn't visited BumbleBee before today, and did so because of the attention here. Nice clothes sure, but I agree they are copying some elements of both BlueBerry and Addams. It is a pretty basic store (thank goodness). The prices seem very in line with Addams/Blueberry. I didn't, in the end, buy anything, as nothing jumped out as being better that what I already got, but I will monitor it as a replacement for Blueberry in the future.
  14. Thanks:) I would recommend to anyone that's having vehicle problems to invest in wearable vehicles - I've not had any problems with those on Boardwalks and roads anywhere in Bellisseria. Plus you don't get problems at region crossings or other hiccups where the vehicle gets stuck or booted and you then have to go back to a rezz zone:( There are some cheap ones on the Marketplace and sometime really nice items will show up in weekly sales. You can get a really good free wearable bike at Java Sprokets too! Perfect for exploring:) http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Puffin Head/45/21/23
  15. Thanks to SL's unique economy, for some, this isn't a novelty or escape. This is their place of work. Very few have hundreds of USD spare a month to drop on a region without that at least covering it's operating costs. No one has full time job hours to plug into making content year in year out without that paying the bills. Things are on a razors edge for much of the creator community, this is all a matter of survival. It's popular here to sneer about those who make a living in and from their activities in SL, but that has been the promise of this platform since the start. It's also one of the only selling points proven to drive growth.
  16. I tried and it did not work for me. Unfortunately, I used all the methods and it did not work for me. Can you help with that?
  17. The news article implies "instant cashout". Even if it were shortened from currently 5-7 days to 3 days or 24 hours that would be a vast improvement. Another improvement would be to enable any account that cashes out to dollars to pay the tier of any other account owned by that legal person. Currently the solid 5-day wait to get a transfer of Lindens you already turned into dollars is a real burden. I find it is never shorter, and sometimes longer, even. One good thing currently is that if you cash out with Tillia to PayPal to a business account, you do not have to pay a fee to PayPal *again* (to keep it on PayPal; you still have to pay to transfer it to your bank instantly). I hope that persists. Just last night a tenant drilled me on whether I thought Tillia was safe with customer data. And I explained at length that I thought it was, because it really seems an annex or spin-off closely tied to Linden Lab via the same board members. Now I'm not so sure.
  18. That's a lovely photo @Evangeline Arcadia ! I guess people like the fun of starting a journey from their own front door. @diamond Marchant Bollards, exactly! That is the real world solution to indicating whether a road-like area is driveable or not. It is quite a while since I got my first stilt on pier, and in the rush and lag of the release I really wasn't sure what the problem was. It isn't really an issue, but it seemed unkind for Abnor to assume that people 'ought to know' when it really isn't that obvious, and Pier has a lot of different meanings which don't necessarily correspond to 'boardwalk', at least in UK english.
  19. Surely people have other places they can go to for adult content. Maybe not? For those that are sure that this announcement means that adult content will either go away or be highly restricted you should start your research now on what you need to replace it. I am taking the "wait and see" approach. After all, we have no control over what happens. Why worry and speculate now?
  20. I have not read this entire thread so if this has been asked I apologize. This acquisition is subject to regulatory approval. One part of the approval process is gathering public comment. If you oppose this what would you say to the regularity authority? I don't think "It threatens my Second Life presence" would fly very well. And if LL did not see that this would scare the bejesus out of its users, that is its Customers, it boggles my mind. They need to explain how this will affect the Lindex. Any negative affect on the Lindex could destroy the SL economy. The overall stability of the Lindex has been key in SL's survival. Will LL suddenly have to but $L from Thune to fulfill my weekly premium bonus??????
  21. I like to make my skins different from the 'perfect features' of most skins. I won't pay the 700-900 that the skinners want to charge for a head either. I did shell out for a Modelesque Velour body skin, because I love the tummy, but my head has a freebie. Then I add all sorts of BoM add-ons, mainly from Izzie's, to put in the freckles, creases, veins, and spots. So my take on your head is 'great', whichever one you want. I like the cuts, they add character.
  22. - Been fighting extreme stuttering when panning side to side for months and have tried everything from vsync to gsync and all the Nvidia options on/off plus in game settings. Sometimes changing a few settings will work and it becomes super smooth for a day or two and then the choppiness comes back out of nowhere. It doesn't matter if I'm alone in a sandbox or in a busy club. It tends to be less active when I'm high up in a sky box alone but it's still present. I've never experienced it this bad until about February/March and it's getting worse. I'm on new computer with a 4080 and Intel9-13 - 240hz monitor. I've run out of ideas and tested with Alchemy, FS and SL viewer. I have no idea where the issue stems from. I've reinstalled Viewers on Cdrive and secondary drive testing, cleared cache, deleted graphics driver and reinstalled, changed power settings factory reset computer, tried on another gaming computer but now need some guidance. Here is what i see, but normally it's even worse than this and it rubber bands/hitches and glitches constantly when moving. I've tried capping fps with both Nvidia and MSI to even 30fps but it's still there. Ive been filming for a year but I cant anymore with the choppiness of both the camera controls and flycam (flycam is just a mess, in all directions). Here is a light example of what i see under the best conditions - https://gyazo.com/c7f1a52f1f5f8c694064ad10c24c49c5 - Here are my settings from the sl viewer i grabbed while testing. Second Life Release 7.1.5.8443591509 (64bit) Release Notes Second Life Server 2024-03-18.8333615376 Release Notes CPU: 13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13980HX (2419.2 MHz) Memory: 32387 MB OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10/11 64-bit (Build 22631.3447) Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080 Laptop GPU/PCIe/SSE2 Windows Graphics Driver Version: 31.0.15.5222 OpenGL Version: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 552.22 Window size: 2560x1566 Font Size Adjustment: 96pt UI Scaling: 1 Draw distance: 128m Bandwidth: 3000kbit/s LOD factor: 1.75 Render quality: 5 Texture memory: 11229MB Disk cache: Max size 1638.4 MB (26.8% used) J2C Decoder Version: KDU v7.10.4 Audio Driver Version: FMOD Studio 2.02.13 Dullahan: 1.14.0.202310131404 CEF: 118.4.1+g3dd6078+chromium-118.0.5993.54 Chromium: 118.0.5993.54 LibVLC Version: 3.0.16 Voice Server Version: Vivox 4.10.0000.32327.5fc3fe7c.399bd0e Packets Lost: 30/169,606 (0.0%) April 22 2024 23:02:28 - Any help is very much appreciated. Im on a 2024 Asus ROG G18 with an Nvidia 4080 and i9-13 - my internet speeds are 3-3.5gps
  1. Load more activity