All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Well said. Second Life is my preferred way of dealing with nasty, brutal reality. It's my creative outlet, my escape hatch. I can get into the zone and forget about everything else that might be bothering me. I suspect that SL probably has about 5 to 10 years of life left in it, unless whoever owns it at the time decides it's time to pull the plug. But I don't want to spend my time in SL worrying about its future end. I just want to enjoy it as it is, now, today. We have had people exclaiming that such-and-such or so-and-so will mean the end of SL, and guess what? We're already making plans for the 21st birthday celebrations. Second Life has had an amazing run, ALREADY, and anything after this is just the icing on the cake.
  3. But you did not show who was controlling the Dutch puppet - Could it be -
  4. If somebody has to post to a forum that the wiki is outdated, then that wiki is not being administered properly. LL really needs to open the LSL wiki to public editing. Maybe open edits, with human review would be best. It's just too big, and too important a job, for the people who are maintaining it now.
  5. And—as I have recently written on my blog (address is in my signature line)—one of those major moneymakers, Blueberry, is at the very least hitting pause on its SL operations, and at worst, is possibly leaving SL completely for greener pastures (namely, avatar customization in Roblox, Zepeto, and soon SnapChat, all three of whom, with their millions of users, absolutely dwarf the user base of Second Life). The smarter companies are already starting to look at more lucrative alternative platforms for their work. (I'm not gonna link the blogpost, you can find it easily enough)
  6. Someone please remove any yahoos. R O W D Y
  7. If, I couldn't care less, is that, then that's me. Hehehe
  8. Heyo, the LockGuard creator here... I notice that people out there are, sometimes, recommending the old Wiki for LockGuard-- and I get messages occasionally in-world for help with LockGuard V2, and once in a blue moon V1. If you're looking for LockGuard scripts/info... do not use the scripts/information on the old Second LIfe Wikipedia page. That is like a decade outdated. Yes, they will still work because LockGuard was designed with backward compatibility in mind. BUT... please use LockGuard V3 instead. LockGuard V3 is 1 script per attachment; regardless of your link point numbers, instead of 1 script per point, and it doesn't use notecards any more, along with some additional features. LockGuard will always be available for free, it will always continue to be open source and royalty free for both personal and commercial use, and I do keep updating it as time goes on. The kit contains everything necessary to get started; code samples, sample cuffs, oodles of documentation, etc. Even the LockGuard script, itself, is neat and tidy and thickly commented.🤓 LockGuard V3 has been around for several years; so if you're still rockin' LGV2, I really recommend updating everything to V3 if you haven't yet, just for the script count savings, especially if you're running attachments with multiple points. And if you're using LGV1... why? 😨 In other news, LockGuard V4 is now on the "To Do" list for release (I've been carefully considering what features would be beneficial w/o bloat over a very long period of time)... but V4 also won't be a necessary upgrade from 3. It will just have additional "nice to have" features. So again, if you're using any version of LockGuard below 3, I would reeeeeeeally recommend updating to 3 if you haven't, either way. Keep on creating! 💖
  9. Side note - it took me until today to realize that the forums here have a 'signature' option. I never had it enabled in my account settings here until I saw this comment and went looking for it. Then I come back here, see your forum signature, and say "Oh, THAT'S who you are." 🤣
  10. Also on the Thunes site (after the article): "Thunes currently facilitates payments in 84 currencies across 133 countries, using over 550 payment methods, including 129 mobile wallets like PayPal, M Pesa and Orange Money, gig economy giants like Uber and Deliveroo and super-apps like Grab and WeChat. Headquartered in Singapore, Thunes has offices in 14 locations, including Beijing, Nairobi, Riyadh, Dubai, San Francisco, Sao Paulo, London, Paris, Barcelona and Manila." Someone DID mention Singapore earlier, but I forgot. ETA: I posted this in the wrong thread by mistake. Luckily, someone reported it. Thanks to whoever did that, or I may not have noticed! ❤️❤️
  11. As always fascinating. The tiny proportion of online in the 'product' right now who even pay attention to the forums. A quick glance top right to the scoreboard gives us - well. Nuff said. Keep going.
  12. Wow, how did I not know that VRChat had partnered with Tilia last December. Playing catch-up now...well, this is certainly interesting! Fun fact: my blogpost about hidden adult content in VRChat is, far and away, the most visited blogpost on my entire blog, after almost seven years of blogging. (It also helps that it's very high up in the Google search results when you look for "vrchat adult,"which apparently, a lot of people do search for...who knew?? )
  13. The kind of music I like in SL are the ones presented as a live performance with the singer as an avatar and playing a single instrument. It feels more immersive. Music played in clubs are just piped in music that I can hear on the internet. There was a song that used to be in many clubs that I liked but I never figured out what it was or rather I never searched for the name.
  14. Today
  15. Venom isn't particularly effective. Recommend SPRAY
  16. It was at an event. The 1L demo was something I'd run across on occasion. There were more 1L demos at Tres Chic this round than I normally run into in 6 months around the grid. These were also from stores I've demoed before and I KNOW they weren't charging before.
  17. Well, I mean, Linden Lab also had ambitions for Sansar, and we all know how that went. After changing hands several times, Sansar still has a very small but deeply committed user base, but it doesn't seem to matter how well it shows itself off (and I will still say that Sansar is the most beautiful social VR platform)—everybody would rather hang out in VRChat or Rec Room instead. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I have completely given up on predicting what metaverse ventures will fail and which will succeed.
  18. In store? interesting, never seen that. As you say it's usually instantly refunded. I can kinda see the argument for it on MP but also not... just absorb the cost like most creators do, those 1L MP charges are a cost of doing business. Why do some people do the whole 1L and refund it thing? like couldn't the demo vendor just send the object or is there some advantage to use the whole 'sell' function?
  19. And a rideable hippo rezzer to start a journey back to where SL began
  20. Most insects try eating snakes V I P E R
  1. Load more activity