All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Well, based on this, "list besttime" will only have one value and there is nothing to sort. I recommend adding some debug messages to see what's going on. list besttime = besttime+[time]; sort(); string sort() { string bestlap; llOwnerSay(llList2CSV(besttime)); // debug list best = llListSort( besttime, 1, TRUE ); llOwnerSay(llList2CSV(best)); // debug string primo = (llList2String(best,0)); timelist = llParseString2List(primo,["."],[""]); integer secondi = (llList2Integer(timelist,0)); integer decimi = (llList2Integer(timelist,1)); string parse = getTime(secondi); //this is another user function converting seconds in minute.seconds bestlap=parse+"."+(string)decimi; return bestlap; //mm.ss.ddd }
  3. ChouChou isn't just a SIM. A building in ChouChou is not Just a building. It is a great work of art. It is the "virtual historical heritage" ChouChou continued giving much inspiration to the resident who loved art. and Chouchou gave quiet peace and music for the person who seeks healing It is a big loss of Second Life to demolish it.
  4. I'm sorry but I think you're the one off-mark based on that explanation. First of all, you don't "apply a UV." The UV layout is part of the mesh itself, not the texture. There is no "mascara UV" or "lipstick UV." There is only the "head UV." The UV map doesn't do anything for "alignment" on its own. "Orientation, positioning, and layout" are all the same thing and are done on the UV map. This can be used to align things. In SL, any object can have a single UV map. Materials allow separate textures to be applied to different faces. This is not related to the UV layout. You don't "use the same UV on multiple materials," it's the other way around. The reason why you can apply a texture to a mesh face (for example, the lips) but not affect other areas of the head is because the lips have a separate face from the rest of the head.
  5. @Lindal Kidd Oh didn't know some heads had sliders, I'm so used to furry heads having a bit of limit to customization. Thanks! @Iki Kimono Those fit what I'm looking for, Thank you! Noted about the Omega skins. ^^; I wish there was an algorithm on the marketplace that suggests other creators that are similar to the ones I'm interested in, would help a lot to find stuff.
  6. after decorating the barnacle houseboat I found out, I much more wanted to try make something of the wallower, so here is what I came up with ☺️
  7. Hello, it's nice to meet you all. I'm 27, trans, and live in the US. I am a caregiver to my relatives in the first life and my very first attempt at joining the SL community was about ten years ago as something to occupy my time with. But, because it never really clicked with me and managed to hold my interest I faded off into the void for several years until I created my current account eight months ago. Due to anxiety I tend to be a major hermit, doing a lot more people watching than interacting with, but I've been trying my best to stick my leggies on out so I can become more sociable and make some new friends. Due to my current status in real life, I own a bunch of hamsters that have been basically my pack of support animals. I love talking about hamsters, looking at hamsters, collecting hamster things, you catch my drift. I have been spending my time so far in SL playing Barbie and Ken dolls with my avatars, as I absolutely love window shopping and can't resist snagging up items I find adorable or must have, and while I have been a text based roleplayer since 1999 I haven't really caught onto it yet in SL due to my lack of knowing anybody and nervousness about heading out into areas. I'm always up for meeting new folks even though I can hit the ceiling as a first response to being pinged, and I love exploring new stores and whatnot.
  8. Yesterday
  9. The new 1024 sqm homes and boat houses are all out of stock .. if you refresh the page where you pick what type of home you want a million times, you might get lucky and snag one as someone moves out. Premium membership now includes 1024sqm of bonus teir - that means you can have up to 1024sqm of land (total), anywhere in SL, and it is covered by your existing membership.
  10. i'm confused about this whole new linden lab home stuff...i abandoned my old linden lab home recently and when i look to see for a new one...all i'm seeing are ones that are on a 512sqm parcel where ya go to get a LL home...am i missing something and where do i actually go to get a new LL home? and does the 7$ land fee really do get wavered for a 1024sqm land like they said?
  11. I layered a couple of windlights in PS, and it did funky things to my necklace. Oh well... better luck next time!
  12. This is a wonderful capture, Scylla. It looks like a real photo!
  13. forgive the mess time is a string in xx.xxx format list besttime = besttime+[time]; sort(); string sort() { string bestlap; list best = llListSort( besttime, 1, TRUE ); string primo = (llList2String(best,0)); timelist = llParseString2List(primo,["."],[""]); integer secondi = (llList2Integer(timelist,0)); integer decimi = (llList2Integer(timelist,1)); string parse = getTime(secondi); //this is another user function converting seconds in minute.seconds bestlap=parse+"."+(string)decimi; return bestlap; //mm.ss.ddd } i've seen not always i get the best time from the list, surely there is something wrong in my code
  14. Materials affect layout and positioning. UV affects texture orientation and alignment. You can use the same uv on multiple materials, but they won't show up unless they're set to. Simple example: Cosmetic masks and face skin masks use the uv that includes hair, teeth, and tongue. Yet, applying a mascara or lipstick uv doesn't change the face, except in earlier designs that had the slider values. Even then, they didn't affect the teeth or the back of the head, even though some maps "paint" those areas. This was before layers were available.
  15. I really do enjoy exploring, not alone though. Any fun persons that enjoy exploring and taking pics in SL??
  16. About Land Script Info My Avatar - shows the scripted items you are wearing. Excellent tools for finding such problems in more detail... https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Dvandva-Prim-Script-Counter/4581624 https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Dvandva-Avatar-Script-Monitor/4581686
  17. That seems likely now. Can you site your source on this. Last official thing I heard was from Patch's talk at the Home and Garden Expo and that was "around the beginning of the year" which would be a year earlier. Two years at the rate things are going seems more likely, just like to be able to quote the source on my blog. Thanks.
  18. The time frame given was that it will be AT LEAST 2 years before residents of old linden homes will be urged to move to a new Linden home. This will give the Lindens and the Moles also at least 2 years to get replacements ready for the current (old) Linden Homes tenants, as well as for new subscribers, AND premium users who are willing to give up their mainland in favor of a new Linden Home. This means that a LOT of new Linden homes, in various (more than two! 😄 ) themes, will be built in the coming years. When I say a lot, I mean thousands. Perhaps even tens of thousands, but will see what the final numbers will be.
  19. @Cesartje Anything that already has appliers made for it won't need an update of any kind for BOM. A regular applier can be used to apply the BOM textures like any other -- they will update automatically as you add/remove layers from your avatar.
  20. This just popped into my head. Releasing the homes/house boats in batches keeps us on the edge of our seats, keeps it a hot topic, something to dream and look forward to, keeps us making a community, etc. After I got an abandoned houseboat a week and a half ago, I actually missed being on the edge of my seat. I missed the excitement of "could this be my day?". I originally wanted a house but am loving the houseboat. I love exploring the continent and chatting up people that I come across. I love seeing the boats, hot air balloons, planes, bikes etc of people enjoying the continent. For the first time in my SL, I can exhale and say "I'm home". That feeling is what I've been seeking since I've joined.
  21. Check it out. Only 14000 Lindens. Great little land for sale. http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Spirit Witch/167/195/26
  22. Is the landlord going to give me the first 1024 sqm free and only then charge me the same tier that LL would. And is LL going to guarantee that the landlord isn't going to pull out for some reason - or at least relocate me for free if they do? I don't use security orbs or ban lines or parcel walls (but I do have a sparse skybox), but one of the biggest reasons to stick with Mainland, IMO, is that I only have to worry about LL and not a landlord. In thinking about this though - I've had neighbors in the past that have chewed up far more resources on the ground with their breedable farms than I ever did in my skybox that only contains a few items of furniture.
  23. Well that's pretty awesome Guess I'm on the block with the cool kids LOL .... I better straighten up!
  24. There are many Linden employees with the last name of Linden. Only a handful of them actually have a modicum of access to the private info of the residents. But as a rule, if they don't need the access, they don't get it.
  1. Load more activity