All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Happy (Belated!) Rez Day, Skell! Nonsense. You look fresh out of the box!
  3. Second Life Server: https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_Server/19#19.06.11.528038 Scheduled Tuesday 2019-06-25 03:00-09:00 PDT Second Life RC BlueSteel (No Roll): https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_RC_BlueSteel/19#19.06.14.528215 Second Life RC LeTigre: https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_RC_LeTigre/19#19.06.14.528215 Scheduled Wednesday 2019-06-26 07:00-10:30 PDT Second Life RC Magnum: https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_RC_Magnum/19#19.06.14.528215 Scheduled Wednesday 2019-06-26 07:00-10:30 PDT On Region Restarts: Regions will be restarted if they have been running for more than 10 days on Tuesday (Main Channel) and Wednesday (RCs) regardless of whether or not new code is being deployed, for the general health and well being of the Simulators. Nothing beats turning it off and then on again … once in a while. As always, please plan events around these maintenance windows. However, if you are hosting an event on Tuesday or Wednesday when we’re not deploying new code, you can restart your region ahead of time to avoid interruption.
  4. And: Can LL have a region that's not filled up with land plots, but with extra LI free? So it would be possible to BUY/LEASE more LI? I know some private estates has this. What a bliss, to just order more LI without trying to find different land. It sounds like I am demanding a lot, but isn't the main part of the Bellisseria development placing out the homes, lay out roads, install scripts, decorate, run scripts, and all that? To make a bit of empty Mainland to test what people want, should not be so time consuming?
  5. The pressure to get a LH in Bellissaria will not start to ebb until it's built several thousand more. Or until super Premium is released, and maybe that's what people fight for then, and Belissaria is as unpopular as Meadowbrook is now?
  6. When I first started Second Life I wanted my own parcel where I paid Linden Labs directly. I would still really like to do it but the costs of having to maintain a full region plus the costs related to a homestead is too much. Considering that gives me two full regions that is also way too much land for what I want or could possibly even use. I could find renters but that is a hassle. Which leaves renting from someone else. After nine years here, I have found good rental companies (such as the one I am renting from now) but the bad ones are what make me want to get land directly from Linden Labs. It's too bad one can't do that through a direct purchase of a homestead which could come directly off a payment plan like the subscription fees. A homestead was perfect. A homestead PLUS one full region was too much.
  7. It is about time that LL start with rules on the Mainland. Yes, rules. They have a lot of mainland, and from what I hear, one of the continents isn't finished. (Gaeta?) This is what I heard, and maybe I remember wrong. But if it is correct, why not shake it up, finish it, and install the Bellissaria rules. No skyboxes under 2000 m, no banlines, no privacy walls over 4 m, no builds over 15 m. See if it sells. 1024 m on Mainland isn't big enough to create an environment around your home, if you will build on ground. The genial thing with Bellisseria is that the plots isn't touching each other, and that it's protected land with green vegetation in between. So you can have a 1024 and don't feel like you live in your neighbor's face. I think that future mainland must go this way. People like me, is tired of being rebels, and want a piece of prettiness. It's nice with freedom of expression and all that, but separate the ones who want to build anything, from the ones that's a bit more conservative in their tastes. LL has enough Mainland for all. I don't want to have restrictions everywhere, but why not give people both wild old Mainland and something different?
  8. But but @CoffeeDujour if live help becomes avaliable. The forums would "die" πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ I guess they could always send em on back to us here.
  9. For what it's worth. Kitty wrote all the code to do SL -> Twitch streaming integration for Catznip years ago, when we applied for an API key we were denied, when we pushed we were told it was because of intellectual property concerns insofar as the owner of the content being streamed would be unclear. We felt like we were being fobbed off. The code went onto the junk pile. Edit : To add, the code had to be written in advance of an application as at the time they required to see it before authority would be issued.
  10. I dont like that this petition is done anonymously. I also dont like that the link is posted by a 2day old account. If you wanted change why not do it on your account instead of hiding on a throw away alt? Yes I'm talking to you @SLcontentcreators
  11. At takes many weeks or months of work to make and release our houses. We do read and listen to comments. Often the things suggested are either something we already have planned but can't say or something we considered but abandoned for one reason or another. And sometimes it something we hadn't thought about and we give it some thought.
  12. That's not problematic. Now that we can have 64 m big prims, it just takes 1 LI to cover it totally with a green textured prim. 32 x 32 m and I got a good advice on how to get a lawn that's as close to the Bellisseria grass ground as can be. With hedges or fences around, it looks like you watered your garden well. 😁 I was at Apple Fall mainstore yesterday, and looked at her plants. Found one that's not made by Apple Fall. It was "Backyard hedge". I inspected it and found the creator, MllEtoile Resident, went over and bought it (and maybe a thing or two more) πŸ˜‡. Anyway, it's one LI and even better, it can be stretched some bigger and hold the LI. I tested it home, stretched it until the shortest side was 3,4 m. I forgot how long the others were. So you can make your own hedge without using up a lot of LI. When Apple Fall has it in her garden decorations, it's always looking good.
  13. thank you...there was NOT a check in that box....I checked it and it's now working properly !! Thank you so much for your help...
  14. Another round with no luck. Guess I wait til there are so many, no one is interested and camping for them anymore, and get me a very bad located one. I canΒ΄t unfortunately stay up all night to get a LH... (got the message 1am, so yes, I just read it now 7pm and they are all gone). But is good they are releasing them and doing as much as they can to be fair ( difficult task with people from all over the world trying to get one)
  15. Keep in mind that each "booth" at the Hop and Shops is a 1024 parcel, not a 3 x 6 meter stall. Not all creators use the whole space but many do. The ones that want less space make walls and create their own "smaller" store. I think having types of stores intermixed get folks seeing places they would not normally visit and that is -- in part -- the purpose of the event so while they could rearrange the whole venue into "areas" I think it is unlikely. And ONE MORE TIME -- if you have a sim for MEN say and there aren't enouhg brands for men applying then there would be no way to fill it. This isn't rul like many other events where the event owner invites folks. There were many stores that would have had a difficult time deciding where they should be and not enough of the really niche creators to fill a sim. Hence most likely not a workable plan.
  16. As an ex Mentor and Live helper, I for one would welcome both programs coming back (especially live help) and would immediately volunteer for both. We all know post scarcity gay space communism wins in the end, stop resisting! You will always get the odd bad apple, I would welcome accountability to future mentor and live help programs in the form of a satisfaction questionnaire that explicitly asked about improper behavior. I think you're missing that both mentors and live help were entirely reactionary in nature, if help wasn't requested, then there would be no involvement. If you had a habit of making new accounts to spot test the mentors, then I can't imagine why you, specifically, would have had a repeatably bad experience.
  17. Today
  18. I think the "Unknown error" happens when the page is overloaded with hits? I saw it several times when "The Pickle" boats were released. And don't blame the page overheating now on me, lol. I have been sleeping like a baby. πŸ˜‡ and not refreshed the page once.
  19. If trying to color match to something already in-game, turn that item to fullbright to cancel out the in-world lighting on it and color grab from a screenshot of that.
  20. It was a mistake, my account is managed by a group. There was an uncoordination of lands.
  21. simple: open this link and use search Second Life Marketplace
  22. Ya know, something I've wondered about a few times, I recall some mentioning that there was some initial thing they tried that just wrecked havoc on older viewers, and I kind of wonder just how old of a viewer where they talkin πŸ€”
  23. Well, I guess this would include me. So, you think that the best way to avoid the venality and corruption that you say was rampant in the old system is to . . . well, institutionalize it, with sold advertising space that routes newbies straight to where they can start buying, buying buying? Really? First, who exactly do you think is mostly likely to be able to afford such space? Small, independent merchants? Or the really big merchants and creators? We already have near-monopolies on things like mesh bodies and heads -- this will be a fine way to ensure that the bigger stores in SL just get . . . bigger. And really, seriously, this is the impression of SL you want people to start with? "Your imagination, your shopping dollar"? Welcome to the world's largest and most successful virtual shopping mall? Do you imagine that the artists, the musicians, the educators, the people who just build beautiful sims because they want to share their creativity with others . . . are they going to be able to afford advertising space? If not, who will visit them? The newbies will all be too busy trying to figure out what a "demo" is, and how to open and wear it . . . all the while wondering why the hell anyone would want to go "virtual" just so that they can go shopping, because they'll be damned if they can see anything else to do here. Brilliant Prok. You've figured out how to monetize and commercialize the Newbie Experience! Your Nobel Prize in Economics awaits.
  1. Load more activity