All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. It was an English thing. (I made sure not to write "British" for once.) One example from teh innerwebs: https://www.eternalgoddess.co.uk/posts/the-black-tooth-trend-of-tudor-england
  3. I name all my outfits...Clubbing, Dress Every Day, Dress Smart Casual, Dress Cocktail, Evening Gowns, Lingerie, Jeans, Pants, Shorts, Skirts, Swimwear... and so on. This system works for me. I have over 200 outfits right now. I just deleted a few, but I usually have close to 300. I have no issues at all.
  4. in the meantime also contact your ISP with the problem.
  5. Err, that sounds like a myth. People have, historically (and presently, to be fair) used clothing and accessories as the primary means of displaying wealth when out and about. Also retinues. No need to go around flashing a toothy smile to display some rotten teeth if you've got a dozen of men-at-arms in shiny armour wearing your coat of arms keeping the rabble clear.
  6. When I was 2 months old here in SL, I couldn't find anything in my inventory. I had so much in my objects folder I was overwhelmed. I figured if I was going to continue, I must organize this mess. I took a class one of the building groups offered at the time, and boy, did that change my SL world. I have maintained my inventory now for almost 14 years. The system I have created works for me and keeps me organized. As it stands, I have 37,000 items in my closet. I keep all my home and garden organized in boxes, and all original clothing/accessories purchases are stored similarly. Now, if I kept all that in my closet, my inventory would increase to 250,000 easily. Taking care of your inventory is a daily chore if you want to stay organized. Most residents don't want to take an hour, hour and a half total doing this. But spending that time each day or when you log in goes a long way to getting your closet/inventory organized. One just needs the desire to start and stay at it.
  7. I float around 750-1000 saved outfits. (I don't have a problem, I can stop anytime) I have a folder not in outfits for "archived folders" where I can move outfits my lesser worn stuff out of the gallery, and move them in when I want or otherwise reference). I name my outfits with a top level "tag word" (gowns, sexy, costume, lbd, etc) then the maker - name, I then add addition tags at the end of the name (color, more tags liek "steampunk, gothic, beach) It feels hacky and I would prefer to have folders, but it's how I manage. I also take pictures of all my outfits.
  8. Sheila when are you online in SL... please IM me with SLT time and where you are located, so we can meet and talk I did reply and return a notecard to you about the rentals BR Easywebhostdk Resident
  9. I think there is "room for disagreement" whether "metaverse" means: a) A world like Second Life, or b) Multiple worlds connected (for example, if Second Life were to connect to "Meta", and "Sansar", etc. etc. ) The reason I think definition "a)" is just fine is, "b)" may not come to pass in our lifetimes. Definition "a)" covers things within Second Life such as "private" spaces, "connected" spaces, etc. Who says we cannot call that a "metaverse"? I like the example of "Ready Player One" - why in "that reality", wouldn't they be allowed to call it a "metaverse" even if there were "only 1 grid"?
  10. It's certainly the best virtual world, I don't really know the distinction between that and 'metaverse' though. It's pretty much the only real virtual world, some old ones still exist like Active Worlds etc but realistically they are dead.
  11. Checked that website again and now an error appears underneath the reference number. Any significance?
  12. I fall back to the point that Maitreya didn't make people buy the new body; it was freely given to everyone who already had 5.x*, with the only cost being a little bit of time**. It's now the body being sold at the store, with the previous body included in the sales box for backward compatibility with the vast collection of products already existing on the market. There was no real, compelling, reason (IMO) for designers who wished to not make an abrupt change. For the most part is was/is a fairly risk free decision. and speaking of v4.1, it's presence is still felt daily on the grid albeit minimally. I sincerely doubt that new clothes are being made for it though. ----- *maybe even 4.1, but i don't know about that and I could be wrong. **I will freely admit that time is not a wholly free commodity regardless of how some might categorize slices of it. But for the purposes of my point here, it can be considered as such in that the expenditure of it alone is needed and is fully independent of an actual monetary cost.
  13. Next time I'm in, I'll check my number of outfits, but . . . I'm sure I've had over 200 outfits forever. Basically, almost any new clothing I buy gets turned almost immediately into an outfit so that I don't simply forget that I own it.
  14. Ariels Enchantment Revue!!!! Hiring DJs and Hosts Easy Going Staff Non Dramatic Familial Atmosphere Live Acts Welcome!!!! http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Jack Baxton/67/198/38
  15. From https://venturebeat.com/games/tilia-spins-out-gets-minority-investment-from-jp-morgan-to-do-metaverse-payments/
  16. Crashing and Lag, same ol, same ol. I didn't pay it much mind because when I crash it is usually a one time thing and when I lag I usually know why and it isn't that.
  17. Today
  18. A 'ping' won't tell you much, particularly that one. 'lindenlab.com' is the corporate website and the fronting services likely block ICMP. Login occurs on 'login.agni.lindenlab.com' and that is responding to ICMP pings but that's not a promise. The 'Access Denied' bit *is* useful and you may be able to take that 'Reference #' to support for help. And it may clear on its own after some hours.
  19. That doesn't totally surprise me. To be honest, I don't know much about furry culture. They were all extremely nice to me when I was there, though! Neos just felt like too much work for me to log in more than a few times. I mean, I love a good sandbox, but Neos was too technical for me. When I'm on my PC, I can do a lot of work, and make lots of stuff, but when I'm in a headset I don't feel like working. The headset makes me feel like relaxing, which brings me to your second point... IDK why you think that gimmick is dead. Big Screen is just fun! Watching movies with friends just hits that sweet spot of relaxing with a headset, and socializing. No streaming service does it as well as Big Screen, although they do try (Peacock, Prime, Netflix, and others all have their VR apps). Just give it a try, bounce around a few open rooms. It's hard to deny the fun, once you experience it. Try it in SL, too! A lot of groups have movie nights. Ask around, find a movie night to drop in on. LOL, yeah, 'metaverse' is just a term that some marketer decided to lift off Ernest Cline, without thinking too hard about it. I can't find a link right now, but I remember an article about Zuckerberg meeting with a bunch of obscenely expensive consultants from Boston Consulting. They pow-wowed all weekend about the metaverse and came up at the end with a proclamaition that, "There is one metaverse... it is THE metaverse, not A metaverse." Which is the most worthless circle jerk BS I can imagine. I hope Zuckerberg got a refund, LOL. We all know what we are talking about here, though. I talk about VR as a bunch of different grids. There is the SL grid, the SL beta grid, the OS grid, the VR Chat has a bunch of grids, etc. If the land is connected, it's a grid. If the metaverse exists, that might be a grid. All the grids are using TCP/IP, last I checked, so maybe if TCP/IP is a grid, then there is a metaverse? I don't think that's what journalists mean when they talk about a metaverse, though. So I doubt the metaverse exists. If it does exist, it doesn't matter, so I don't care about it. I don't think I want my SL avatar to play Dead Souls, anyway. That would be lame.
  20. It's almost here! Bellisseria's 5th Anniversary! Watch the teaser premiere video with us today at 10:00 am slt. Now's the time to get ready for a month long celebration of events, events and more events!
  21. What sort of problems? I haven't counted, but I'd bet I have well over 500 or so outfits.
  1. Load more activity