All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Sometimes! But, as I often find myself repeating, it's a matter of having shared interests. A lot of the friends I've made through the forums are photography nerds, some just signed up when I was looking for models, others like to chat about the 'craft' of photography itself, and often as we chat we find we have other shared interests to talk about as well. A few years back, during a period where there were a lot of separate threads by different people looking for friends in a very short time, I just went and rounded up as many as I could in-world and took them to a random hangout spot to play some games. Some I never saw again, some stuck around for a while. But I do find that a lot of the people looking for friends on the forums do so because of desperation which is merely a symptom of social ineptitude, which makes them equally difficult to befriend in-world as anywhere else. People who expect friends to come served on a silver platter without ever taking a moment to reflect on what they may contribute to a friendship themselves; those people generally don't last long - if it's a totally one-sided attempt of establishing a connection, I tend to give in pretty fast. And sometimes they come back a few months or even years later trying again, sometimes after having taken a break from SL, thinking it'll somehow, magically, be 'different' this time around. But that's just me. I'd rather spend time and effort on people who are able and willing to give something back; I'm not here to entertain others.
  3. What happened to the Q&As that were supposed to take place during the anniversary celebrations? I've not seen a schedule or date for this...seems to have gone quiet on this front. Has it been definately cancelled?
  4. Tilia collects higher US dollar transaction fees from the buyer and seller with a Market order, than a Limit order. Those add up with millions of transactions.
  5. Any out there? I've got some push-up deformers which work great for the bosom in corsetry, but are there any that can pinch the waist? I know there's corsets rigged to be tight around the waist which then require alphas for the body beneath (many of which I find a bit too extreme), but could a deformer replicate the shaping akin to the love handle slider in the avatar shape to make an over-skin corset look a little tighter (without me having to make a specific shape)? I did find one (free) set of deformers which has one (three, actually), but according to the description it only works on certain bodies (Anatomy, I think it said?), but 'not on bodies like Reborn' - and it appears to do nothing on Legacy either.
  6. Hello, I'm setting up a camera so that it looks straight at me, while following the movement of the vehicle (a boat) on which I'm sitting. Using CAMERA_POSITION, CAMERA_FOCUS, and the CAMERA_POSITION_LOCKED, CAMERA_FOCUS_LOCKED allow to have the camera positioning but are relative to the region coordinates and so don't follow the boat moving. llSetCameraAtOffset and llSetCameraEyeOffset need to be configured before I sit, so can't be used there as camera position can change while I'm sitted. CAMERA_FOCUS_OFFSET allows to solve halt of the issue, but the camera look alway from behind the avatar. In fact I would need a CAMERA_POSITION_OFFSET... Is there a solution to this question ? thank you
  7. So I am just wanting to create a menu for my friend as she runs some PVE combat. It takes forever for her to set it up. I wanted to have it where she can use the script touch each one and change some numbers. then when damage is taken, she can touch it and reduce the HP by the damage without having to worry much. I am note very good of a coder but i really thought this would be a nice thing for her. // Constants for menu options integer MENU_OPTION_ADD_NAME = 1; integer MENU_OPTION_ADD_HP = 2; integer MENU_OPTION_ADD_SOAK = 3; integer MENU_OPTION_ADD_CHASE_DODGE = 4; integer MENU_OPTION_ADD_PERCEPTION = 5; integer MENU_OPTION_ADD_RESISTANCE = 6; integer MENU_OPTION_ADD_WILLPOWER = 7; integer MENU_OPTION_CHANGE_COLOR = 8; integer MENU_OPTION_ADD_SOAKABLE_DAMAGE = 9; integer MENU_OPTION_ADD_NON_SOAK_DAMAGE = 10; // Default hover text string defaultHoverText = "Name: Default\nHealth: 12\nSoak: 2\nChase/Dodge: 15\nPerception: 13\nResistance: 15\nWillpower: 4"; vector defaultColor = <1.0, 1.0, 1.0>; // Default text color is white // Variables to store current values string currentName = "Default"; integer currentHP = 12; integer currentSoak = 2; integer currentChaseDodge = 15; integer currentPerception = 13; integer currentResistance = 15; integer currentWillpower = 4; vector currentColor = defaultColor; // Main script default { state_entry() { // Set initial hover text and color llSetText(defaultHoverText, defaultColor, 1.0); // Generate unique menu channel based on object UUID menuChannel = (integer)("0x" + llGetSubString((string)llGetKey(), 0, 6)); // Set up menu llListen(menuChannel, "", NULL_KEY, ""); } touch_start(integer total_number) { // Open menu when touched llDialog(llDetectedKey(0), "Select an option:", ["Add Name", "Add HP", "Add Soak", "Add Chase/Dodge", "Add Perception", "Add Resistance", "Add Willpower", "Change Color", "Add Soakable Damage", "Add Non-Soak Damage"], menuChannel); } // Listen for menu choices listen(integer channel, string name, key id, string message) { if (channel != menuChannel) return; if (message == "Add Name") { llOwnerSay("Please type the name you want to add:"); } else if (message == "Add HP") { llOwnerSay("Please type the HP value you want to add:"); } else if (message == "Add Soak") { llOwnerSay("Please type the Soak value you want to add:"); } else if (message == "Add Chase/Dodge") { llOwnerSay("Please type the Chase/Dodge value you want to add:"); } else if (message == "Add Perception") { llOwnerSay("Please type the Perception value you want to add:"); } else if (message == "Add Resistance") { llOwnerSay("Please type the Resistance value you want to add:"); } else if (message == "Add Willpower") { llOwnerSay("Please type the Willpower value you want to add:"); } else if (message == "Change Color") { llDialog(llDetectedKey(0), "Select a color:", ["Red", "Yellow", "Green"], menuChannel); } else if (message == "Add Soakable Damage") { llOwnerSay("Please type the amount of soakable damage:"); } else if (message == "Add Non-Soak Damage") { llOwnerSay("Please type the amount of non-soak damage:"); } } // Listen for typed responses changed(integer change) { if (change & CHANGED_OWNER) { string response = llGetOwnerSay(); if (llSubStringIndex(response, "Please type the name") != -1) { currentName = llStringTrim(llGetSubString(response, 7, -1), STRING_TRIM); } else if (llSubStringIndex(response, "Please type the HP") != -1) { currentHP += (integer)response; } else if (llSubStringIndex(response, "Please type the Soak") != -1) { currentSoak += (integer)response; } else if (llSubStringIndex(response, "Please type the Chase/Dodge") != -1) { currentChaseDodge += (integer)response; } else if (llSubStringIndex(response, "Please type the Perception") != -1) { currentPerception += (integer)response; } else if (llSubStringIndex(response, "Please type the Resistance") != -1) { currentResistance += (integer)response; } else if (llSubStringIndex(response, "Please type the Willpower") != -1) { currentWillpower += (integer)response; } else if (response == "Red") { currentColor = <1.0, 0.0, 0.0>; // Red color } else if (response == "Yellow") { currentColor = <1.0, 1.0, 0.0>; // Yellow color } else if (response == "Green") { currentColor = <0.0, 1.0, 0.0>; // Green color } else if (llSubStringIndex(response, "Please type the amount of soakable damage") != -1) { integer damage = (integer)response; currentHP -= llMax(0, damage - currentSoak); } else if (llSubStringIndex(response, "Please type the amount of non-soak damage") != -1) { currentHP -= llMax(0, (integer)response); } // Update hover text string hoverText = llDumpList2String([llDumpList2String(["Name: ", currentName]), llDumpList2String(["Health: ", (string)currentHP]), llDumpList2String(["Soak: ", (string)currentSoak]), llDumpList2String(["Chase/Dodge: ", (string)currentChaseDodge]), llDumpList2String(["Perception: ", (string)currentPerception]), llDumpList2String(["Resistance: ", (string)currentResistance]), llDumpList2String(["Willpower: ", (string)currentWillpower])], "\n"); llSetText(hoverText, currentColor, 1.0); } } }
  8. The theme didn't change. I was puzzled at first why people were saying this, but I can see on a reread of the roundup how it might confuse people. They were talking about "something spicy" for all of the year for all of Second Life. Not the birthday event. But given how it's worded in the roundup post and then the post discussing how SL20B went, wired got crossed. They don't usually announce the themes for SLB until a bit into the year (like they did this time). They also aren't going to pick an adult theme when most of the event is general. So nothing really looks different this year. There are going to be adult regions at the birthday, but they did that last year. Could be they'll discuss the "something spicy" plans at the talks.
  9. all this is lie, isnt free isnt and help also just ask money
  10. Today
  11. I've seen quite a few posts of people asking for someone to hang out with and be friends and wonder "does it really work out"? I added a couple people a long time ago and they either didn't try to keep up the friendship or we were so far apart in interests that we had nothing in common. Normally I make friends organically in world because then I know we'd get along and have similar interests. What are your thoughts? Have you ever advertised for friends and became close with someone or formed a lasting friendship from an ad on the forum?
  12. Making friends in SL isn't particularly hard, I find, things have changed from how things used to be; not as many people standing around sandboxes tinkering and playing around with stuff since most of the asset creation has been moved off-grid, and many creators do their in-world testing in private as to avoid griefers or distractions. SL voice is also quite unreliable as a tool, and a lot of people (myself included) can do a large portion of the social bit on Discord or via IMs whilst running around shopping or playing dress-up/tinkering with stuff in my own home. But I'll still get together with friends when we do activities, whether it's board-games or mini-golf or vehicular adventures or such - long-lasting friendships tend to be easier when you have shared interests, not just a mutual desire for making friends.
  13. Good luck. When I first started I bought a bunch of no copy things and did the same thing. Hopefully if you submit a ticket you'll get them back. I didn't even know you could submit a ticket and I did lose a very expensive Intan dance system. Trust me I never did that again.
  14. I have quite a few friends but we don't really "hang" out together. We'll hang at certain clubs and IM each other but not get together. The only exception was a group of us formed a Wed night greedy group and whomever could come would play for an hour or two. Most couples tend to do things together or hang on their own. So it's not you guys, it's just the way it is I think. I wish I had better suggestions for you. Maybe start with a game group or gather people for movie night and see how that goes. Invite a few people. Also everyone in the group has to like everyone or at the very least tolerate them for a short period of time.
  15. ✨ UniK Deals 14-17 April ✨ Unik Deals is open!!! From 14-17 April find the best deals from our designers!! Share the gallery with your friends and enjoy shopping together!! Site: https://unikevent6.wixsite.com/unikeventsl/galleryunikdeals Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?vanity=61550940246037&set=a.122172229688031341
  16. Man oh man I've been in sl for a long long time. In the early days I noticed it was a lot easier to find friends. Now not so much. My husband and I thought we had made a few connections but for some reason they always seem to flame out! We are a pretty chill couple. 40's real life so not super young. We have both been around a long time with some breaks here and there. We just want some friends to hang out with! I didn't think it was so much to ask, but making friends somedays seem impossible! So if your looking for a couple chill friends lemme know and we will hang out in world!! hope to hear from some people soon!
  17. If possible go to a sandbox and drag out the most recent list & found item. Sometimes (I think) I’ve had similar experiences & the items ARE in lost & found but don’t show as linked- bundled by the return. When I drag it out I wind up with my stuffs. Happened recently with some gachas you can no longer buy direct from creator since they closed shop in SL.
  18. Against two? One? Never enough. (Doesn't bother me that they're two words, I will respect that choice lol) W O R L D
  19. Dear Linden Lab, We the residents of Second Life like bacon. Vegetarian options not allowed except waffles and tacos. Please, a pony would really neigh flamboyantly
  20. Dear Linden Lab, We the residents of Second Life like bacon. Vegetarian options not allowed except waffles and tacos. Please, a pony would really neigh
  1. Load more activity