All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Peeve: The latest trend of "Bear Horror/Comedy" movies is crazy: "Cocaine Bear", and "Winnie-the-Pooh: Blood and Honey"..lol
  3. If anyone is in the mood for lasagna, only 50L @ What Next
  4. You have to watch out for them though.. Because if they keep coming at you, it usually means they are sizing you up as a meal.. We have black bear here and they usually just scatter, especially if you're riding.. But had a time or two that I had to pop off a round into the ground to back them off.. they didn't get really close or anything like that, but they were coming.. If they were sizing me up or not, I wasn't sure, but I wasn't about to find out either.. hehehe I'm more worried about the cats than the bears though..They are more fearless..
  5. http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Peliantes/245/197/35 Parcel is flat green grass, perfect square. I'd wall it off. Currently naked so you can see exactly what you're working with. There's a river outlook if you use a raised structure. A quarter of the region here belongs to the government (protected river). No lag. Its quiet; mostly long-term people here.
  6. I actually think I will! It sounds like something that others would enjoy and there are a few ways of going about it. I hadn't even thought about this as a alternative. Maybe I'm just nervous. But thank you so much for the kind suggestion! I'm concerned about the TZs and other aspects, but even to just have a place to chill and talk about loved subjects in a small and quiet space is a GREAT destressor! And @Persephone Emerald does sound like she has a cute herb garden! I think the plant pets are pretty cool and OBSESSED with collecting them!
  7. A very old place to explore, maybe everyone knows the place, but here it is : http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Sandeulbaram/217/228/22 More to come
  8. Shocks ya when ya get that answer. From support. Asking whether a functionality is as intended. So you can know if you should invest time in reporting something "broken". Must be the plan for support's role. Because its happening. On OPs idea, it is flying a little too close to the sun/TOS. This is supposed to be fun, not time spent inworld wondering if you're going to get dinged for breaking TOS. I like the gift card idea.
  9. There is one man that really stands out to me around here that I just ran into one day, because I always seen him.. I can't remember how old he was when I met him, but he was in world war two. I said hi to him one day and he waved and said hello back to me.. We just started to converse and then kind of ended up by his truck talking.. What he was doing at the time was going around and cutting and taking care of all the lawns of widows of world war two veterans..I was just amazed at that in itself.. We talked for a good 30 minutes.. I came to find out from from someone else, because a lot of people knew of him. That he had been captured by the Japanese back in world war two and was held for like two years as a prisoner of war.. Just thinking of what all he went through that I had learned about as well as found out later from just reading on it more, just how traumatizing that would have been.. What really amazed me is just how sweet and nice of a man he was and how interesting he was to talk to.. I never even thought of something like that happening to him.. Then learning about it later, I just had this huge amount of respect for him.. He was very humbling for me..
  10. When I write in a comment in the GD forum I get the standard Arial font but am unable to change the font or its size. The same thing applies if I try to alter existing text I've written in the standard format. I can do it in this forum as the options are available. How is the GD forum for you? Do you still have all the options that you do here?
  11. The Linux SLVoice client is deprecated and won't connect properly any more with the Vivox servers in SL. You need to install Wine and let the viewer use it and the SLVoice.exe Windows client to connect.
  12. Second Life humor is the best medicine. I told a friend to check out the AO's with the Senra body if she needed a pick-up yesterday. She posted her findings and we had a good laugh:
  13. I think you're a perfect example of wisdom occurring @ a younger age, and proof that we should not automatically accept that older people are the wiser ones. In other words, saying "hey join this community, it's better because we're older and wiser" just doesn't fly.
  14. Oh lordy! Don't get me started on poorly made animations! Besides raising the shoulders way out of shape, what about all the animations out there that are made to work with T-rex shapes. I'm so sick and tired of having my hands not end up where they should. I don't drink with my ears!!!!! Gahhhhhhhhhh! *rant over*
  15. He was funny. I'm really getting a kick out of all the unique characters @ Fantasy Fairre.
  16. That's what demos are for! If you as a consumer do not take the time to adequately demo a product before buying then you suffer the consequences. That's why I demo everything I buy. I demo it so carefully that I nearly always take the product home and demo it for a long period of time. I do this even for products made by my favorite designers. And if a seller doesn't offer a demo, then I don't bother with the product. Honestly, I think consumers are more than adequately equipped to protect their rights. They just oftentimes don't take advantage of the tools they have to be sure they like a product before buying it. As for complaining that not all the products labeled as fitting LaraX actually fit the body well, I've had that issue for years even with 5.3 clothing. That's why I probably buy no more than 10% of the products I demo. There's a lot of stuff out there I wouldn't take home even if the merchant just gave me the product.
  17. Serrrriouslyyyy. Super disappointed she didn't. Though to be fair, I think that's more of a grizzly trait. Black bears are a bit more skittish (lucky for everyone, because they seem to be very common if you live up in the mountains/near woods) and can be frightened away. I absolutely love the video I saw months ago of a guy relaxing on his porch, a black bear rolling up next to him without seeing him there, guy looks over and freezes, the bear looks back and freezes, and then it runs away, LOL. Oh here, lol I assume that's a LOT better than having an alligator rolling into your front yard, like living down there in Florida. Peeve: I don't have anything exciting up here where I am. Just a woodpecker doing renovations on occasion, some big crows, and the occasional stray cat. 😂 My friend has vultures, black bears, the cutest frogs, little snakes, etc. where he's at in PA. Jelly.
  18. This is true for any LH theme. Some people take a perfectly nice, mostly flat parcel and ruin it by putting down a box prim with a grass texture that does even come close to matching. I think all the content packs should include appropriate ground textures, to minimize the use of ground textures that don't match.
  19. It's honestly ludicrous the stuff you find for sale in SL. I've found items years-old on the Marketplace that have glaring errors, missing sizes, broken rigging etc. and to be fair to the creators 9/10 a message has resulted in them sending me a fixed item but I have always been left wondering just how many they sold in a broken state until someone finally contacted them about it? Then the clearly untested content, there's a popular event running right now with a prominent creator selling something that simply does not fit a body it is listed as fitting. The size exists in the package, the item certainly is not actually made to fit the body even slightly though. At any one time there's probably many such items being sold, nobody seems to verify and I can only assume the creator knows yet also knows there's no such thing as a money back guarantee in SL. Of course some will also just flat out ignore contact. It's the whole "buyer beware" way that SL operates on that causes it. It doesn't even make legal sense, you do have consumer rights even when it comes to digital goods and I honestly cannot work out how this does not apply in SL. There is no such thing as buyer beware - legally speaking - in most of the countries LL operates in.
  20. Peeve: What's odd for me personally is, I did not gain a healthy respect for, and understanding of older folks until I started attending an accepting church and connecting with a lot of different people.
  1. Load more activity