All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Yesterday
  3. Relaxing in, as one says, the space station lounge.
  4. Okay, I admit: if you have land, you may think you're done, but you never are. Because every day, you might get a new idea or adjust your old ones. Or you see bumps that you didn't notice before. For instance, I had first decided to close the back door of the café because there was no place (and no prim) to make a back garden. So I 'bricked up' the wall. But it still didn't sit well with me. Then I started scraping all the prims together by linking objects, looking in every nook and cranny to see if there were unusable objects that could go into inventory. This way, I was able to create a small courtyard after all. An 'achterommetje' as we say in the Netherlands. An alley leading to it with a small gate. And then I suddenly thought of the Utrecht gable stones. You have lots of them here. With pictures on them. Even around the corner where I live. There is a gablestone with a unicorn above a small gate. When I walk past that, I'm almost home. If I walk past the unicorn that's the signal for me to grab the house keys. So that unicorn had to be above the gate in canal city. I took a picture, Photoshopped some and placed it on a prim above the gate. Voila. I feel a little more at home again!
  5. That’s a good idea. People whose name starts with J, buy a yacht.
  6. If that was true, Open Sim would have a LOT more content! Do you think SL is free of piracy? LOL, you need to get out more. That's a bit of medium snobbery, but I can't disagree. Rosedale and Notch aren't citing Max Headroom when they talk about what inspired them. Actually, now that I think about it more... of the serious, professional game developers I've known, the ones big enough to give keynotes at big conventions and things like that... the one thing they have in common is that they were all theater tech nerds. Building theater sets for plays and changing them out seamlessly, to create an experience IRL is good training to make them with computers. Or maybe it was all the sneaking around in the dark while wearing all black made them the super ninjas they are today, LOL
  7. Same. I used to have a "base naked" outfit for each body, but I've recently stopped using those.... for a reason. So now I have a "what I'm wearing today" outfit for when I'm shopping and trying on demos. it's an easy way to quickly get back to shopping when done with the demo.... As for "outfits" themselves, I just build them up each day -- deciding each day what I want to wear, or what I want to change into for nights out or special occasions. I tried making use of the outfits system itself, at one time but it just never sparked joy in me. /shrugs.
  8. I don't know about that although it does act as a partial filter for age. What it mainly does is insure LL has the identity of said individual. Griefers and trolls almost never have payment info on file. So if you have an issue with that on your parcel/sim, you can turn that on and filter them out pretty effectively.
  9. SLUV is as good as dead anyway so yeah, ditch it properly. I guess standards are always created by the market, I know some have been semi-worried about the sort of gatekeeping of the 'EvoX' layout due to it being a brand and I think maybe that needs to change. EvoX is just a sort of loose standard layout in the industry anyway. To this end maybe "EvoX" needs to become "SLUV2" or something similar and it needs to be made very clear to the community that the UV layout is for everyone to use and enjoy without any fear of attracting the wrath of people who think you need permission to use it.
  10. I wished i could even remotely as closely matched from Catya to evo....i gave up after spending nearly 2 weeks and 2 newer heads which i bought instead of demo....i know stupid mistake but both heads went into the bin and stuck with my Catya and me an Bom are sworn enemies right now lol
  11. to all those praising opensim. i guess you praise theift as well since most of the content in opensim are stolen stuff from SL including belliseria homes i have found, thats why i left OS and uninstalled the OS version of firestorm
  12. Decor info on the blog
  13. You can just post your land for.sale.in the appropriate section on the forums. There's are sections for mainland or full private estates.
  14. Welcome to Club Clandestine Winery! Step into the shadows and embrace the darkness at our clandestine Winery haven, where the best of Dark and Goth Music reigns supreme. Nestled within the virtual realm, Club Clandestine beckons all souls who find solace in the depths of the night. Our domain pulsates with the eerie melodies of Futurepop, Synthpop, Darkwave, Industrial, Gothic Metal, Gothic Rock, EBM, DarkElectro, CyberPunk, Synthwave, Aggrotech, and much more, casting an enchanting spell upon all who dare to enter. As guardians of the night, we seek individuals who are not merely content with the shadows but are ready to embrace them fully. We are in search of dedicated souls who can commit to a set time each week, guiding our patrons through the labyrinth of sound and offering solace to those whose lives in the real world are fraught with troubles. Here, everyone is equal in the embrace of the night. At Club Clandestine Winery , we don attire befitting our theme, embodying the essence of the night with every fabric and accessory. Our conversations, like our clothing, maintain a moderate rating, ensuring that our sanctuary remains a welcoming refuge for all seekers of the night. If you feel the call of the shadows and believe you possess the spirit to thrive in our realm, we invite you to step into the darkness and join our fellowship. Visit Club Clandestine Winery , or if you seek further enlightenment, do not hesitate to reach out with your inquiries or comments. Your journey into the night begins here, with us how to contact us visit us at the club Clandestine Winery or send a Im to our Managers and ask for a Aplication Ϯ ƇƛƝƊƔ Ɗҽ ŁʋŊĄ Ŧυяẏ Ϯ (candygirl119 Resident) (GM) Cloud Dancer (CloudDancer64 Resident) CLandestine Winery <---- LandMark HIRING DJ and Host DJ DJ Requirements: Experience: Previous DJing experience required. Availability: Have atleast 1 set a week we are open from 10 am til 10 pm. Greeting: Greet each person entering the club. Engagement: Keep club attendees engaged by being personable and friendly in stream and chat. Communication: Maintain communication with the host in case of club/stream issues. Farewell: Say goodbye to departing individuals. Gratitude: Thank individuals for sending $L gratuity. Music Stream: Provide your own music stream. By fulfilling these requirements, both hosts and DJs will contribute to creating a welcoming and enjoyable atmosphere for club attendees. HOST Host Requirements: Experience: Prior hosting experience preferred. Availability: have atleast one set a week we are open from 10 am til 10 pm slt Greeting: Welcome each person arriving at the club individually. Farewell: Bid goodbye to departing individuals. Chat Management: Maintain continuous and friendly local chat. Engagement: Keep club attendees engaged in conversation. Promotion: Advertise DJ, club, Discord, and upcoming events. Professionalism: Keep personal issues/complaints out of local chat. Communication: Report any issues directly to a manager. or GM Gratitude: Thank individuals for sending $L gratuity. we hope to meet you at Club Clandestine Winery
  15. Make EVERY surface a mirror!! (What do you mean, "done"?)
  16. Regions that delete occupied skyboxes at random intervals. Oh wait, I guess we have that. OK then...carnivorous sea life in all Linden Oceans.
  17. I thought I mentioned this in my rambles above, but I'm not finding it in a brief skim, and it's conceptually important: Vectors can represent both positions in-world, and global changes to position. To 'apply' a change to a position in-world, you simply add a change vector to a position vector, and set the position of something to that new position. For example: llSetPos(llGetPos()+<1,0,0>); // move 1 unit in the x-direction. Rotations can be used in a similar way, but with a few important differences: rotations are less trivial to express on their own. One of the best ways of creating a rotation 'from scratch' is to use llAxisAngle2Rot() rotations are multiplied instead of added together. the order of multiplication matters. that last point can be confusing at first, but once you understand what each order does, it can be very useful: In LSL, when you multiply in the order orientation*change, you rotate around the world x,y,z axes (like you would see when editing an object with 'snap world' checked); when you multiply in the order change*orientation, you rotate around the object's intrinsic axes (like you would see when editing an object with 'snap local' checked) As a practical example, say you're scripting something like a turret that can aim up and down and move left and right. To aim up you might use something like llSetRot(llAxisAngle2Rot(<0,1,0>,-15*DEG_TO_RAD) * llGetRot() ); // apply local rotation on y axis to move the gun up around its y axis, independent of whatever direction it's facing, but to aim left/right you would use: llSetRot(llGetRot() * llAxisAngle2Rot(<0,0,1>, 15* DEG_TO_RAD) ); // apply global rotation on z axis Of course, for an actual turret, you might want to apply the rotations to different links, but the same principals apply.
  18. Second Life is getting some new, exciting features that will make the world look even better. Mirrors are arriving soon! While we love the realistic reflections PBR materials enable, mirrors take reflections to a whole new level. You can create a mirror using a method similar to reflection probes, but with a twist -- when a reflection probe is set to use the “Mirror” option, all surfaces near the probe will exhibit a real-time mirror reflection, including PBR and legacy materials. We chose this method to enable maximum flexibility. For example, you can create a big wall of mirrors and have minimal performance impact regardless of how many mirrors are on that wall. As long as they’re aligned with the mirror reflection probe, they can all show a mirror reflection. To conserve performance, mirrors are subject to some limitations. The Viewer will show the effect of only one mirror reflection probe at a time -- the one closest to your camera. Mirrors are planar, so they won’t work very well on the body of a car, for example. Like so many good things in life, mirrors are best enjoyed in moderation. Applying PBR materials to terrain will be possible in the upcoming featurettes release. You will soon be able to apply most GLTF materials to terrain. Initially, PBR terrain will support normal maps and metallic-roughness maps. Emissive textures will not be visible on some machines and transparent materials are not fully supported. We expect PBR materials on terrain to vastly improve the beauty of SL -- because there’s a lot of terrain out there! PBR terrain uses triplanar mapping, a texture-mapping technique which is new to Second Life. On steep slopes you will notice far less texture-stretching. To conserve performance, triplanar mapping will be enabled only when the graphics quality setting is set to “High” or greater. With the advances in GLTF PBR Materials and upcoming Terrain materials, we know it is time to increase the texture size limit to 2K (2048x2048 pixels). We are approaching this change carefully, and are still weighing pricing options for images larger than the current max size. 2K textures will allow artists to add significantly more detail to their creations and do things like efficiently consolidate more UV surface area onto a single asset. Mirrors and PBR Terrain will be available on the Beta Grid (Aditi) to start with, on the following regions: Rumpus Room 2048 Rumpus Room 2049 Rumpus Room 2050 Rumpus Room 2051 Interested in trying out these new features? You can download the Viewer here. Never accessed the Beta Grid before? Here’s information on how to access the Second Life Beta Grid: https://lindenlab.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/31000156725-accessing-aditi We can’t wait to see what fun and exciting new things residents create with these featurettes!
  1. Load more activity