All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I just think it's the nature of the beast.. There is always a split in the market when a new body comes into play..I don't think a name would have made any difference really.. As far as differences in the bodies, there are, but you really have to get in the areas where the older body starts to fail in the sliders to really notice them.. Plus have to really know what those flaws were.. I made an image awhile back that kind of gives an idea of what I'm meaning..
  3. Congratulations, you, your self, have provided the reasons why your suggestion should NEVER be implemented.
  4. At the top of the viewer...Help/About Second Life then Copy to Clipboard the computer info that is displayed and paste that info here.
  5. We got faves, feature bands, oldies, and sub genre late picks to keep you grooving into the weekend. Join DJ Tiffany for all the best in alternative, indie, rock, pop, punk, funk, folk, soul and world music. This week featuring Gymshorts, Hitsujibungaku, GAUCI, Maurizio Pollini, Soul Asylum, Daryl Hall and John Oates, Smith, Girlschool, Кажанна and Jennifer Hudson. It never fails to mix it up. Foreground your best attitude. LGBTQ+ friendly. From 6-8pm SLT at The Velvet - Where Music Matters. http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Odyssey/6/234/22
  6. First I just want to say that I'm easily confused, so don't assume you were confusing in anything you said. Anyway, I think I now understand what you're trying to do, and it is absolutely possible. Now we just have to figure out a reasonable way to make it happen. It seems this pose stand already handles both avatars and already comes with a multi-sitter script (the "[zED] MPS" system). Now that makes me suspect that the pose stand consists of more than one link, and that both links are scripted with that system. There's no real requirement that a multi-sitter script be present in both prims, but the few items I have that use MPS all seem to do that, with separate "Settings" notecards in each, and I'm lazy enough to guess that's how the pose stand works. If that's right, maybe start by simply duplicating that configuration and seeing if you can get both avatars seated and animated together on a fresh, similarly scripted linkset. Once that's working, I'd try simply dropping the rotation script into the root prim and seeing if it's close to what you want. (I agree with Quistess that a more general solution would use three prims, the root doing the rotating and the child prims being the sit targets for the avatars, but maybe we can get close enough by imitating this pose stand as closely as possible.)
  7. 31,676 vertices and 62,672 tris - I think that explains it. You can't expect the viewer to handle high poly meshes reliably. So it's time to clean up your mesh. There are tons of superfluous vertices there so you can easily cut it down to a four digit number of vertices and tris with no notcieable difference in the shape. And if you do the ridges along the sides and the headboard as textures/normal maps, it shouldn't be difficult to get the counts down below 1,000 even.
  8. I figured out why you're so pretty, it's as if the Mona Lisa could give "side-eye"!
  9. your use of terms are a bit confusing , what most people call a sim = region, a part of a region is a parcel.
  10. Fix what's broken and not what's not broken. That usually works pretty good in most things.
  11. I just make a folder and then put those outfit folders in that folder. With so many bodies, I have a directory for each mesh body. In that directory I put say, MAITREYA LARA X OUTFITS.. Then in that folder I put any sub-directories. Then put the outfit folders in the sub-directory that they belong in. Outfit folders work anywhere that you put them.
  12. I'm not even sure what a metaverse is and really couldn't care less if it was the best or worse. It's not my race.
  13. Today
  14. There is no need to assign metadata. All LL need to do is make it so that MP delivers stuff from MP directly to the inventory into MP categories (when they are actually sorted correctly which will never happen) that objects sold are already assigned to on MP. They also need to get rid of the whole, rez a box, attach a hud, add an object, etc delivery methods and have the items delivered directly into a folder system without the need for the end user to open a box. Second Life is one of, if not the only, game/software platform that delivers items in 6 or so different ways instead of just delivering what you bought separately in a folder (which is possible on MP). We already have the received Items folder where MP delivers to. There is no reason why this folder/section cant be made with folders based on MP category sorting and everything delivered by that method goes into those folders in received items. Make that section the default with the option to switch to the old inventory for older users or those that want to use it. At the very least it will allow people to categorise their inventory based on a decent (when correct) MP structure and easily allow them to create folders in the inventory to match. Lastly, they then just need to introduce a 'save to' function for inworld purchases so that if a purchase is made not using MP then a 'save to' window appears where a person can save to the folder they want. We already have the system made like that with Landmarks, so wouldn't be a stretch to create a similar system. (Kind of off topic however also relevant if the MP categories are to be used as a filtering system for the inventory per my reply to Persephone above). That isn't a case of the creators fault (though they get the blame most times) but Linden Lab's fault for not offering more or clearer categories (and not managing them) and plain and simply LL's own stupidity. For example, having Avatar Accessories, Avatar Components and Avatar Appearance categories instead of just the category AVATAR and then sub folders. Of which the Appearance category was left after adding the other categories later because (not my words but a Lindens) they couldn't be bothered transferring the items from the old category to the new ones. So now we have a main category with a mere 2118 items which, apparently is still to many for them to simply recategorise those items manually and delete the unnecessary main category. Then there is the fact that the categories just aren't labelled right from the get go. For example, a person in the inventory has the system folder BODY PARTS and CLOTHING yet for some brain dead reason Linden Lab call the category on MP Avatar Components and Apparel respectively. Then for 'reasons', LL, even after 15 years of having mesh heads and bodies (and other body parts), still don't have a subcategory for those items so it is left for the creator to try and work out what is the best category to assign them. But then why stop with the ridiculousness there. Even though they have Avatar Components as a category they have the categories of Hair, Adult parts and Wings under Avatar Accessories instead of Components. Then they have the body part categories of Feet and Hooves, Ears and Tails and Horns and Antlers in avatar components under "Cosmetic Enhancements' next to makeup when the afore mentioned have nothing to do with Cosmetics. Then of course to add insult to injury LL decide to put the sub category Furry Accessories (which includes heads, legs, etc) under Avatar Accessories, however, then have the main category Furry whereby they have a Furry Component and Apparel subcategory, but leave the accessory category in the wrong area. But never fear, in their infinite wisdom they then put the sub category Anthropomorphic (i.e. Furry) Accessories in the Furry main category whilst still leaving the Furry Accessories (exactly the same thing) sub category in the Avatar accessories category. Then on top of that they have the Furry Apparel category under Furry main category instead of the main Apparel category. Now whilst you would think that was the end of it, they then decide to create a subcategory of Hands and Feet in the Furry main category (despite furries generally not having as such) but then have hooves as well as horns and tails under Avatar Components instead of under the Furry main category. Now granted some items are used by both furry and human such as tails, hooves, horns, etc, however, by creating the unnecessary Furry category (and other categories) they have separated items to much. This has two negative impacts, firstly a person searching, for example, clothing or body parts for a furry will generally search in the main Apparel or Avatar Components category not furry meaning people miss items being sold (impacts user and creator) and if they search in the latter they will miss out on the furry category stuff in the former. Secondly, it means the creator needs to know where those categories are which they dont because they are not in the right spot or are in multiple locations and need to pick (often wrong) a category that they know will get the most hits. The same applies for Human related items as well. TL;DR: Marketplace is a mess due to mislabelled and badly located categories which LL created which forces creators to put things in the wrong place or not know where to put them. LL need to seriously look at what they have done in MP and fix it.
  15. I've been having this issue for quite some time, and have spent the better part of the past two weeks trying to fix it in tandem with LL's customer support and one of the FS devs. We're going to try another solution later. Hopefully it works.
  16. Tier date is the 6th. Transfer fee to be paid by the buyer and is L$39K to keep the Grandfathered status or L$26K otherwise. Please IM cRix Rivera in world to make an offer (not including the transfer fee).
  17. With some non-adjustable seats, I can make an acceptable adjustment with using hover height. Have you tried that?
  18. The main problem has been traced to the region that I have my sim in. They restarted it, but that has not solved anything. I hope I don't have to abandon my land.
  19. Hey, y'all... I had similar issues with the fingernails and toenails situation not showing or not being able to be changed too. In local, type the following to show and hide your fingernails and toenails, then change the color in the style (2nd) button to change the color. I mean... Afterall, if we love that our partners take measures to look their best for us, we can copy/paste and make an effort for them too, right? ENJOY! /1meshbody toenails on /1meshbody toenails off /1meshbody fingernails on /1meshbody fingernails off P.S. Yes, my GF taught me to do this as well. LOL!
  20. Hello- I am using the Second Life official viewer. I used Firestorm for about 11 years with little to no problems, then began getting error messages about two years ago. I could not find a solution for the FS problems, so switched to the SL official viewer. My laptop is 3 years old. How do I tell if it is low-end or not? Thank you!
  21. That point should be BEFORE the first release IMHO. The new users are used to get it all and to get it instantly, not after 5 more years. The mobile viewer will have to be an instant hit, or all the programming efforts were for nothing. People these days are used to have more than only a stick to play with.
  22. Understatement of the year. Hahahaha, NO. It's just a sad 90's Post-Gibsonesque School of Manic Depressive Bad SciFi piece of trash, that stole a concept from a short story by a better author, done years earlier., I have a copy someplace, but cant remember who it was by, Harry Harrison maybe, about a maintenance IT tech who goes round to peoples apartments to top up the liquid food tanks, empty the body waste tanks, and make sure the tech is working, for the "Immersion VR" addicts who never unplug. It amuses me when Metacrap-Does-Not-And-Will-Not-Exist-iverse fanatics claim that "obviously everyone in SL is here because they read SnowCrap", because most have never even heard of it, let alone read it. I don't complain about the movie, and the movie is actually decent AS ENTERTAINMENT. but it's not an advert for the MetaCrap- Will-Not-Exist-Iverse. The world of the Doh-Asis is a literal nightmare. Play a computer combat game, and if you don't win, you lose all your money and possessions in RL, get arrested by private police, taken to a slave labour camp and kiss your life goodbye. And then you hear idiots going "Oh the Doh-Asis, wouldn't it be cool to be able to switch badly modelled 80's haircuts at will just by talking to your Artificial Idiocy assistant...", and I'm wondering if we even watched the same movie. I'd rather see movies by Ian Banks that by Gibson. Decent storytelling, sometimes the main characters live past the end of the book, and with a touch of ironic humour that Gibson never had. An AI Warship called the ROU (Rapid Offensive Unit) "Killing Time". Described by a girl as "looking like a sex toy" to which a Droid replies "appropriate, as when fully armed it can f**k an entire star system..." An Alien race so unpleasant they were called an "Affront to Civilisation" by a diplomat, and then when they found out what "affront" meant, liked it so much they officially changed the name of their species to "The Affront". Classic as opposed to merely depressing. Hell, I'd rather read E.E. "Doc" Smith than Gibson, and his stuff is 1930's and socially unaware "Murican Patriarchy" and extremely dated.
  1. Load more activity