All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I'm convinced that Bellisseria is now larger in square meters than resident-owned Mainland, i.e. excluding abandoned, Linden roads and parks. Claire, the Supreme Map Maven of SL, says not, and she should know as she studies all this intensively, I'm merely eyeballing it. I have tenants who have both Bellisseria and Mainland homes, and I even have made areas for "distressed gentry" saying "in between Belli homes?" lol. But my sense is that some people especially who log in less are moving permanently to the burbs. Also: homesteads. Many have opted to get a whole homestead which you can do now without being forced to buy an island. If Fruit is more than half vacant, that's bad news indeed, along with the LindEx permanently at 247 or worse for fast cashouts.
  3. @Makay Scribe :Have you Whitelisted the viewer in you antivirus at all? The viewer .exe, cache and settings folder at least indeed all the .exe files preferable (dullahan-host, llplugin and vivox). What you describe sounds like the AV software aggressively scanning the viewer's operation.
  4. Oh certainly. But at Lab Gab they announced this Community Round Table thing with no initial topic or timeframe, at the very time they were concluding that Tilia sale. True, they may have spent the first Round Table on policy change fallout from the recent Medium-rare scandal. If so, I bet they're mighty glad to have another topic about which to engineer ambiguity.
  5. be sure to do it 2 days in advance .... if you forgot that, it's always worth to contact support, they may decline it, but also grant you the refund if there's a good reason. Be aware you agreed to the terms LL gave you before you clicked the first subscription.
  6. Our Lighthouse Cove design features a lighthouse, of course, and also has a large swim area with useable water.
  7. The Fruit Islands used to be one of the larger sailing and flying areas in SL. With the introduction of Bellisseria more and more of SL is connected. I can fly and sail further in the main areas of SL. The Topless Cruse people often held their events in Eden and Fruit Islands. Not so much any more. I think that is because there are now so many interesting places to sail in the rest of SL the islands are being ignored. Driving between islands is difficult. 🙄 So driving is a thing only in the main areas of SL. Also, I have found the owner of the Fruit Islands a bit abrasive.
  8. "SL - Beauty of Sailing is a small group with just over 500 members who celebrate the sailing world. Sailing is one of the first things I did in Second Life with a 1 Linden sailboat from EnkyThings. I know there are fancy ones that respond to the winds of the the Linden Ocean, but I do love my 1 Linden sailboat." Read more on the blog
  9. Thune is the company that bought Tillia, it's in the news today. Years ago, Linden Lab conducted "focus groups" which were all the rage then and still are to some extent. They selected top "influencers" (although we didn't call them that then because it wasn't a word in fashion yet and Twitter had not yet been invented -- that came in 2007) and various worthy types of merchants, designers, coders, etc. and invited them -- all expense paid -- to come and chat with the Lab. This was before Lab Gab and it occurred behind closed doors. They were all NDA'd of course. Ostensibly they discussed new features and got feedback. We never heard much about these sessions, which had several rounds, and whether they were beneficial to any party. So this feels like a re-tread to me. Unless, of course, it's a public event ,even if "pre-recorded". But then I can't help feeling it's like Amb. McFaul visiting with the Putin-approved GONGOs in St. Petersburg. If any authentic voices get in there, they will be manicured and edited. "Don't burn down Community Round Tables. Build your own." Someone should make an alternative round table and present its chat transcript and findings. That would not be me. Someone young and strong.
  10. Not really a meme, but, eh. The average conversation when trying to chat with somebody 'looking for friends' in SL:
  11. If the Lab is doing something or sponsoring it then it is posted in the SL websites. When you find it on Reddit it is something residents are doing. You may also find official SL info in the Lab's Facebook or YouTube channels. I have no idea what Thune is. The search engines are clogged with links to Senator Thune and what he is doing.
  12. And to be clear, I would never define this as "sky is falling". In my case, the "sky is falling" group to me are very very small and they rarely if ever post of anything positive, always slice-and-dice everything. That seems to me like the way they "role". Its not fruitful for me, but I am only one reader. They have a right to their opinion, but it is an exhaustive read... which admittedly I don't have to read ever. At any rate, this change may be coming. Glad I know about it. It will likely not be as bad as any list of "bads" we can come up with.
  13. It will be great once the Ranch sub continent joins with the Sansara continent in the north west corner. The Mediterranean has loads of room in the north for further expansion along with the new eastern railway. Yay. We need more Mediterranean railway bridges and road bridges. What happened to newer airstrips ?
  14. I learned of a a date for a ‘community meeting’, (5/20) but it was posted in the comments of a Reddit thread on the Thune acquisition. I might be jumping the gun here but…. - Is this the big community meeting that was promised from the Lab Gab or is this meeting about Thune? -If this is a Thune meeting, when is the date for the round table? -If so, are these details being posted in a public place - not just in the comments of a Reddit thread? Just want to make sure everyone gets the chance to come that wants to and that they are going to the right meeting for the right thing.
  15. Worth quoting! The "I hope..." part is a good plan always, in any world. Eggs all in one basket kinda-thing. Even in the best of times at the best of places. Individual, or entity: Diversify. Cannot be stressed enough. its a long life out there. Multiple streams is essential. Just make sure the "Titanic" deck chairs are not "AFK" chairs before relaxing.
  16. Hola si yo soy vampira pertenezco en el clan sinclair aunque no solo haya españoles es el que conozco y al que pertenezco.
  17. I didn't bother checking if this was discussed before so I'm just going to ask...What are the Mole Islands? I see one for Premium gifts but what about the others?
  18. Worth quoting! The "I hope..." part is a good plan always, in any world. Eggs all in one basket kinda-thing. Even in the best of times at the best of places. Individual, or entity: Diversify. Cannot be stressed enough. its a long life out there. Multiple streams is essential.
  19. More character with the scar! But maybee try a middle way and just keep the scar on the nose?
  20. Always amusing when the only person who agrees with a post is the poster's alt. Now THAT might be a sign of deeper issues. Peeve: When you figure someone's issues are due to Psychological trauma, but you know better than to suggest it.
  1. Load more activity