All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. +1, those "rare nuggets" are why I regret blocking sometimes.
  3. Actually, no. About 99% of my favorite music genres aren't really club-friendly, though some of it very much could be if anyone was willing to play it, so I wouldn't have heard it there. The industrial rock could be, but many DJs stick to the classic club hits for that - same as RL DJs, for the most part. Unless I request it, it ain't happening. I've never met a musically adventurous DJ with a huge catalog in any life, though they do absolutely exist in the real world (I watch them frequently on YouTube). That tends to be more of a DJ/producer thing, though - mixing their own tracks and tracks from others on and off their label. If they exist in SL, I haven't found them yet. I'd have much better luck in SL's live music scene if there were any artists in there performing world fusion or international rap or something (are there?). Anyhoo! Outside of clubs, I have gotten a few music recommendations from friends, but nothing I really stuck with. My music preferences are all over the map, quite literally, and pretty niche overall (niche for my part of the world, anyway), even though I like a LOT of bands/artists/projects/groups. They also skew quite dark, so outside of the occasional comedy music I love so much (Marc Rebillet, Reggie Watts, Harry Mack, etc.), much of my music is an entire moooooood. Not always! I love some booty-shakin' dembow, too, but...I do be likin' it kinda dark, I'm not gonna lie. A common phrase I always say when someone recommends something to me - "what the hell is this happy ish, I need it darker!" πŸ˜†
  4. +1, those "rare nuggets" are why I regret blocking sometimes.
  5. Almost none of those "Bingo!" excuses are actually "AR-able" without context. So, I think you're just being inflammatory. Unless you're not being literal..Like when Coffee said "2k textures will be mandatory!1!!!!1!", and we somehow were supposed to know she wasn't being literal.
  6. Interesting, because that does seemingly suggest that dropping SL is in part at least a business decision, rather than a more personal one that (one would have thought) would impact upon the entire operation?
  7. Crisp Estates View all listings online: https://www.crispsl.com/available-rentals Office on SL: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Blue/9/48/2503 All rentals feature: βœ”οΈ 100s of Connected, Open Water Sailing, Flying and Beachfront SIMs to Enjoy! plus... βœ”οΈ FREE 4K TV, FREE Premium Radio with 100+ Stations, FREE Security Orb βœ”οΈ Up to L$500 Rental Credit for completing the new renter survey!!!* βœ”οΈ A Fully Staffed Support Team: 5 team members ready to assist! βœ”οΈ Loyalty BONUS: Pay 4 weeks, get 3 day free bonus (forever)! βœ”οΈ Instant Access to your parcel after payment, no waiting! βœ”οΈ Monthly Contest: Win 1 FREE Week of Rent! * TERMS: We value your experience with us, that's why we're giving you up to L$500 for completing the new renter survey! Credits are given in form of RENTAL CREDIT on your land are non-transferrable. Rental credits have no cash value. Only one survey is credited per unique avatar. Avatar submitting survey must be primary renter on rental box. New renter must complete survey within 24 hours after renting or they will forfeit their gift. Ask a Crisp Estates Agent for more details.
  8. You're saying there is a discrepancy between what is being said on the Lab Gab and what people are reporting was the reason for their ban?
  9. its not a gross exageration if non conforming avis are banned from any place with adult content, which is about 90% of second life. Note: yes its true, I made up that number πŸ˜‚
  10. Ironically since i jelly everyone, it doesnt matter to me if someone is a basic noob avi, or has all the latest and greatest must haves. Jelly makes everyone equal πŸ˜‚
  11. I've never bothered to block anyone. Plenty of people annoy me, but I don't get riled easily and I count to ten (sometimes twenty) before responding to some idiotic comment, especially if it's not directed at me anyway. Besides, sometimes even the most annoying people have something interesting to say. I'd hate to miss a rare nugget.
  12. IF they are involved in adult activities with underage appearing avatars. The above statement is a gross exaggeration of what has been said.
  13. I guess all the non conforming avis could be restricted to one ghetto. And here i thought Second Life was supposed to be tollerant and inclusive. *hears a train whistle*
  14. The last time I tested parcel media, I never got sound, just the video (though, I was able to get said video to spawn on a few hundred particles at once, but it didn't work as a projector light image.)
  15. That general idea does work, but you will eventually run into floating point rounding problems after extended use of the HUD. I recommend using a list of all desired rotations like in the first script I posted, and using a global variable that stores the index of which rotation the HUD currently has.
  16. Is there a group I can join that lets you know when there are horse rides in groups going on that you can take part in?
  17. Today
  18. If someone is rarely on topic and is just throwing around random posts about the blue sky then after a while it makes no sense to continue seeing their posts, it is just jarring. It is only when others find their posts significant enough to quote them that I would consider opening the post of a blocked user to see what they said if it was somewhat relevant and actually adds to the conversation. Your assumption is incorrect on several different levels. They can be the smartest person on the forum but if they are habitually off -topic, I simply have no interest in what they said. If that changed and the poster starts to add something to the conversation then I relook at the block because it becomes inconvenient to open each of their posts to see what has been added to the flow of the topic.
  19. I've always wanted to be a Queen! They get some hot consorts! Alas, I am far to manly.
  20. LOADS 🎡🀩 So much through clubs like Transmission, which mostly played post-punk or 60s garage, or The Velvet. There was a Japanese-run night called Girls In The Garage and I think I downloaded 50% of each set afterwards, it was so good...and they never seemed to run out of tunes. One of the first times I went to Transmission, the DJ said hi and dedicated this to me 😍 SL is the first place I ever heard "Coda Marine 475" by King Crimson and I was bombarding the DJ with IMs asking about it...it's now one of my favourite pieces of music ever and I think I would probably never have heard it without SL...you don't really hear this on UK radio...the DJ said "I knew you were a hippy at heart" There was an interesting DJ at the Drunk Drow who used to play zydeco, which I'd never really heard except for in New Orleans, and it was brilliant, but he used to come on at 2am UK time on Wednesdays, so I never got to hear a full set...and someone who was always playing the latest witch house...so many, I could go on all day! This is why I feel a bit when people say "All clubs are the same, the DJs just click MP3s and nag people for tips!"...I remember people on SL playing all this amazing music just for the love of sharing it πŸ”₯
  21. Not the point of the thread though. The discussion is about the new rules and justifications for banning accounts from the platform, not about venue owners kicking certain avatars from their event. Where it could be problematic is if the owner/manager follows it up with an AR that might then be used by Governance for further action using any of these Bingo! excuses. So any and all AR's for LGBQT's are to likely to result in permanent suspensions.
  22. I suppose some may think a "boardwalk" and "pier" are the same thing too, while "piers" can be pretty wide and drivable (and also may be part of a boardwalk system).
  23. This reminds me of a video I've seen at my own church, of some professional male gospel singers competing to see who can sing the highest. I need to ask our church's music director for that one - it will be a great "What are you listening to?"
  1. Load more activity