All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. The best method to record is to save the recording to a separate drive as it's doing it's thing . I have done this with OBS studio and it works wonders for stutter and lag. Also adding that capture software in the viewer might be problematic because there is open source stuff, but it could really add bloat to the viewer/installer.
  3. * MarkLand * Choice of Flat Grass Plots for SALE or RENT in Snallygaster * 2048, 1024 and 512 sqm * Full Land Rights Included. Nice, flat, regularly shaped, grass plots of land. You can buy or rent, the choice is yours. There's a rent box in the corner of each one, or you can buy them through their 'About land' windows. You don't need to be a Premium member to rent them, free members are welcome. Come and see them now: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Snallygaster/76/37/68 2048 sqm 703 prims http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Snallygaster/142/51/60 1024 sqm 351 prims http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Snallygaster/16/8/74 512 sqm 175 prims * MarkLand * Second Life Land Sales and Land Rentals MarkLand offers excellent customer service and support to ensure that you have the best possible experience with your land, and is dedicated to helping you with any questions or concerns you may have. MarkLand has been working with Second Life land for over ten years and currently has land ranging from TINY 16 sqm parcels to 8192 sqm. Whether you're looking for a small parcel for a cozy home or a larger one for a commercial business, MarkLand has something for you. There's always a nice selection of land in various sizes and prices available for SALE or RENT, including some great roadside parcels. Residential, Commercial, Skyboxes, GTFO, Drivers of SL, Furries, Aura, DFS, Farms and Breedables welcome. With competitive pricing and a range of terrains, our land is perfect for anyone looking to make the most of their Second Life experience. Whenever you're in the market for land, be sure to check out MarkLand. We're confident that you'll find the perfect piece of land for your needs. Go to the MarkLand office: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Demorgan/236/147/50 for the latest list of available land. It's updated every day.
  4. I was surprised yesterday, when I was recording a clip to make an animated gif how much it slowed down my computer while recording. I'm not sure if it was just Window's game bar, or perhaps that I only have 16gb of ram in this computer. It really did slow it down to a grind though, while walking there was a lot of video stuttering. On my less capable laptop I did not notice it nearly as much, but it also has more ram installed. I was wondering if I could use my CPU's built in GPU, to function separately as the camera but while looking at my FPS noticed it was still relatively high and I think it was mostly just low ram, and game bar might chew a lot of it up. Plus my video card did not sound like a train with the fans spinning out of control 🤣 I should have opened my task manager to get a glimpse of how many resources were being used, but I was more interested in getting it done with and just moved locations and dropped my view distance. I have briefly looked to see what the system requirements are for using a separate camera in vrchat, but haven't found any yet.
  5. People who' have been in SL for more than 15 years, constantly saying SL is doomed because it's not the same as 15 years ago, are scaring noobs away, so, anyone who has an account over 15 years old, MUST use an RLV enabled viewer, and wear a locked RLV ballgag with the keys held by "Keymaster Linden". They will still be able to talk rubbish, but thanks to the gag-garble, nobody will understand a word they say, and so they won't scare the noobs. Also, the proliferation of avatars wearing gags will help LL demonstrate their acceptance of SL's adult side, as promised in their 2024 roadmap!
  6. Absolutely. The only issue with this is video recording, since it all still has to be done using third party screen capture software. If our SL cameras were able able to record clean video, then we could switch back and forth with two logins to monitor, and not have our switching logins recorded in the video. This method would mostly be useful for machinima though, since we still have to actively take a snapshot for pics.
  7. Our little lives get complicated... It's a simple thing. Simple as a flower, And that's a complicated thing...
  8. "I'm back from a short hiatus during a real life move, so let's re-start this column with a tip on how I find many of my favorite images from the Second Life Flickr community: Click great artists' Faves." Read more on the blog
  9. I recall another previous incarnation of this thread. Somebody posted their "possible" suggestion for improving things. They demanded that LL should. 1. Massively simplify the viewer AND at the SAME TIME 2. Incorporate a massively complicated full featured 3D modelling app into the viewer AND at the SAME TIME 3. Add new UI element styles shamelessly copied from a game famous for having one of the wor5st UI's in the industry AND at the SAME TIME 4. Keep the new Simplified Viewer with 3D Mesh creation tools, and new UI elements looking EXACTLY :LIKE Viewer 1.23. FOUR mutually incompatible demands for what LL should do to "fix SL". Can you remember who that poster was? You should be able to. So, let's pretend that LL magically fix the categories, but a problem remains, there are millions of items on the MP, and most of them won't be in the right categories, so SOMEBODY has to go through them and manually sort them, probably a LOT of somebodies, at great expense, and over a long period of time. And when they have finished, your idea will still be largely useless. A Latex Bikini... Is it Apparel / Women's / Swimwear / Apparel / Women's / Underwear / Apparel / Women's / Sleepwear / Apparel / Women's / L:ingerie / Apparel / Women's / Fetish Wear / Oh wait, the 7 sizes include... Jake... Apparel / Men's / Swimwear / Apparel / Men's / Underwear / Apparel / Men's / Sleepwear / Apparel / Men's / Lingerie / Apparel / Men's / Fetish Wear / Oh wait, it includes high heeled shoes too Apparel / Women's / Outfits / Apparel / Women's / Outfits / BDSM Apparel / Men's / Outfits / Apparel / Men's / Outfits / BDSM Or is it Unisex, and if so, which subcategory of unisex? And when you are looking for a womens latex thong to wear under a latex dress, the bikini bottom from this set wont show up in the women's thong category, right, because it's a bikini and heels costume and unisex. So you are suggesting a MASSIVE overhaul of how EVERYTHING in SL is sold, that will cost vast amounts of money and time to achieve, so that people STILL won't find that bikini bottom in their inventories. And your whole sad plan for failure depends on the assumption that EVERYTHING that EVERYONE buys is bought via the MP. Evidence from shopping events, and inworld sales promotions says you're WRONG about that too.
  10. This is exactly what I'm talking about too!!! It would be a very heavy load on our computers though, with each camera compressing separate video. AI might eventually come in handy to help with this kind of coding, and make it possible much faster than a human could, and without the need for powerful hardware.
  11. Rigged Shoes, Pants, Shirt, Hair, etc. - All attaching to the right hand. Too much work to assign it to something other than default. So ... Do you think it would actually work to 'make a thing' that would require an item creator to fill out more 'forms and paperwork'? Correctly? So that it lands in your Sub-Sub-Sub folder?
  12. You can SORT of do this now by using a second login, and using that login to "follow" another avatar with your camera. I've done it (followed someone with my camera) and forgotten, then wondered why my camera was "way over there"..
  13. Literally seconds before I misclicked and closed the viewer. Unfinished, half glitched but eh - until I get enough drive to start over, good enough. But I learned either way. Been trying my hand at learning to pose with Blender/Avastar. Obviously I had to go for the Dark Souls of poses difficulty and use a fight pose
  14. Not my job to accomplish it other then to point out it isn't right and complicates whatever issue they were trying to fix. The Lab maintains control so it is up to them. Since their main income comes from Land sales and rentals, they aren't worried about making it easier for the consumer resident until active user count drops too low to support the Land Barons. I suspect they are fine with a concurrency topping out at 50K because any more then that the grid starts becoming exponentially laggy.
  15. Are you a DJ Looking for a new exciting opportunity. Why not come visit Bootz and Lace part of the Satans few World Wide community. Are you a host/ess looking for fun among friendly people. Bootz and Lace Biker Bar is predominantly rock or country. While here why not grab your bike and ride our 13 tracks each individual and exciting. Play some games or just hang out and enjoy the lightning witty community We look forward to seeing you soon. If interested please contact Enya Footman or Gimwalli resident .http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Legions/81/48/22
  16. I just tried using my helicopters camera HUD for camera positions. It only works if I am actually sitting in it. I don't know about other vehicles though. I DO use saved camera positions, but only for posed shots (which I very rarely take). It's too slow to cycle through though in a RT situation though. As well. a positioner HUD is only usable for pics, not videos, since we can't get a "clean" screen for that unless the HUDs and UI are hidden. What I'm looking for is a camera positioner that has keyboard shortcuts. It would have to be built into the viewer itself though.
  17. Sometimes the weirdest accidents happen after a misclick kills a different shot. This came about by chance and in the wake of calamity. Without makeup too, for a change. https://www.flickr.com/photos/191119559@N02/53617587787/in/dateposted-public/
  18. @Orwar I mean having cameras specifically for recording videos, while your avatar's camera still feeds displays at your preferred position. In the video I had linked earlier, you see the avatar adjusting a second camera hovering off to his side, while he apparently is still looking from a first person perspective, what we are seeing is not what he is seeing (I imagine though he has a separate window displaying what the second camera is currently recording though) Think of it like having a web cam, that you can adjust, while in real life you are looking through your own eyes. The camera itself is recording from a different perspective than what you are seeing. With multiple cameras, you could record multiple locations at once and later edit and combine them into one video, so if you wanted to have a chase scene in a machinema you could place cameras that are all recording in various locations around the road and then later while making the movie snip parts that you would like to combine to create the scene. It would first require the viewer to record directly though, and it would probably be a lot of work to implement for SL. For streamers though it would be a great tool, not something I have seen in any virtual world like SL before. Watching it in vrchat was pretty neat, and as soon as I saw the avatar reach out for their virtual camera and adjust it, while the player himself, appears to be look through a first person camera was what made me think of @Bagnu and his peeve with in viewer recording. They had set up an amazing means to produce videos while letting the players move through the world with their preferred visual settings. He was looking around at his shifter, the steering wheel, checking out the door, all the while the second camera that was recording was remaining at a fixed position relative to his avatar.
  19. Today
  20. How exactly do you plan to accomplish that?* And who even gets to decide what the "right things" are? _________________________ (*And just a heads up - threatening to leave is only effective if people want you to stay.)
  21. Nutmeg is ready for warmer weather. Each of the 3 parts of the set is $60 (table includes all the decor shown as separate items). Full set priced at $180, so no further discount.
  22. Nothing to really add, but agree with everyone who said SL is their only one...I created an account on Inworldz when that was around, but never really got into it... I remember 2 or 3 years ago, somebody paying $650,000 RL for some blocky yacht on The Sandbox or Decentraland, and thinking, even a complete SL newbie in 2010 could probably have built something better-looking ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  23. Zaara has her Dahlia dress on sale for FLF. If you've previously purchased, grab a redelivery. It's also been updated for Reborn! Thank you, thank you, Zaara!
  24. This console table at LouChara is a whopping 16 LI with the linked cloth/candelabra/tulip vase, but I think it would be a good 'statement piece' for a Fantasy home... $99. The chair is 6 LI, PG, $99.
  1. Load more activity