All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Sorry for reviving a thread that's been dead for almost a year now, But I'm having the exact same issue. I also turned off exclusive mode too so it isn't that. Everything is checked, all audio sources for media is turned on and maxed, I even manually added slplugin & Dullahan through my firewall. It's odd because it was working fine about 3 or so months ago and now no matter what I do I can't hear media audio.
  3. Perhaps she just means some countries don't have the same documents and systems available as ID that second life would accept. It could negatively impact them unfairly if we all have to prove who we are.
  4. Are you saying minorities are not able to acquire identity documents? That's the same rational for not forcing people to provide ID to vote. Having to provide ID disenfranchises them? as if minorites are not as capable of whites as procuring and providing ID? I never thought I'd say this of you Coffee, but you are so racist
  5. I know years ago there was one creator who got chastised in these Forums when they said that they used 1024's for everything. His defense was "Everyone else does it." A sad thing.
  6. They should just fire the freak that was the cause of all this and leave the rest of us alone. But on the other hand, if he is innocent, why are they doing anything about anything?
  7. They wont be mandatory in the sense that YOU MUST USE THEM ! They will be mandatory for all creators to use, in the same way that making content from mesh is mandatory. I fully expect the majority of creators to switch to 2k over night, anything else will just be low rez junk.
  8. My ex sister always said, the best way to get over someone is to get under someone
  9. Didn't see that before I made my post... great minds....
  10. Didn't some dead white guy say "that which doesn't kill you makes you stronger" That's kind of a resilience thing isn't it?
  11. Years ago LL made a run at age verification and despite great wailing and gnashing of teeth people used it. It was however short lived, mainly because the way they chose to do it sucked rotten bananas.
  12. I guess there are 4 possibilities 1) relieving Rl stress by doing things in RL 2) relieving RL stress by doing things in to SL 3) relieving SL stress by doing things in RL 4) relieving SL stress by doing things in SL So is only #4 relevant to this thread, or would #2 be relevant too?
  13. Moonlight Mantras begins @ 9am... Every Saturday we gather 'round the campfire beside the vast ocean and the shining moon to sing inspirational songs of love. We sing with YouTube chanters so no need for a mic. Hope to see you there! ♥ ♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪ http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Satori/223/39/22
  14. I listened to the Lab Gab and unless I missed it I did not hear them saying 2K would be mandatory. Can you point to a timestamp for this?
  15. Exactly. Never in a million years. Never in this current climate. As it goes in the U.S., ID verification generally requires uploading a government-issued ID, possibly including taking a selfie with some third-party app the site makes you sign up with. There are all kinds of privacy concerns with that ranging from how personal info is stored/secured, for how long, and how it's used. Age verification may not be quite the same, but there are rumblings about whether or not they want people submitting IDs and/or face scans, so it's possible it goes that way once they figure that part out. I've completely avoided doing this sort of thing for freelance sites that require it - even for sensible, sane purposes. They can get my social and/or a W-9 form, but I'm not playing the selfie game with these sites. I just don't trust third-parties to keep that info secure. Zero chance would I ever do it to access social media or adult content or Second Life.
  16. I'll be leading Kirtan on the sim of Satori, Saturday @ Noon. It's a guided dance & musical experience. Hope to see you there! ☸ڿڰۣ—SATORI Home of Shambhala Sanctuary SAT 12 Noon SLT SATORI KIRTAN with Luna Bliss Join us for a special experience for Men & Woman alike This form of Bhakti Yoga (yoga of devotion) has the power to soothe our nervous system [deeply healing] Sacred chants & moving meditation [MODIFIED FOR SL] http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Satori/34/196/774 And on Sunday, another event: SUN_9amSLT - ATLANTIUM w/Shambala (water blessing) Come as a mermaid or sea creature if you want.
  17. Granted! From now on, you can only express yourself through mime. I wish I could sing.
  18. Hello everyone, I’d just like to come out and clear up this whole entire issue since she won’t drop it and dead the issue. In my opinion, I don’t think she got burned, hurt, or needs to heal from anything. My friend was the one that showed me this forum topic knowing the emotional turmoil I went under this woman. Just as many other people did before, with, and after me. This woman in a lack of words is unhinged. She may go around telling people she’s a good person and she’s all about positive energy but from my personal experience and perspective, that could not be any further from the truth. She is self-centered, selfish, and manipulative. She doesn’t do things out of the kindness of her heart. She’ll guilt trip you in more ways than one and you’ll actually feel like you did something wrong but you didn’t. The magazine issue and the story she told me was all about a power struggle. Words were exchanged between those two that I will not share but in this case, Boss Lady didn’t do anything wrong. And I don’t believe any of us were paid for the work we did then either—at least I wasn’t. Moving forward to the news/interview thing. Me and brother shared an office, Boss lady had her own, and there was a set we’d use to take the pics for the news. Now, all that seemed fine. But everyone on the team knew, I’m a working woman in RL. In my eyes, though I was hardly there, I did my best to do my part. The ONE time, I let my brother do all the work—and mind you, I communicate this to him. This woman would guilt trip me and low key throw shade my way. She even made me cry because in SL she planned a SL hotel getaway for the weekend but I couldn’t make it. She spent 2k on it and she proceeded to make me feel bad about not being able to make it and how much she spent. In my logic, I chose to pay her half of what she actually deserved if it was just about me not showing up. L$1,000 was paid back to her out of L$2,000. The time I couldn’t make it, is because in RL my family planned a welcome home party for my aunty because she nearly died and she was hospitalized. She knew this when I communicated that I’d “Try” my best to make it. She took that has a promise. I didn’t promise her anything when it came to that SL trip. A couple days later, my RL job had a meeting and I was offered a promotion for my hard work and dedication. I was so happy about it, however, with this promotion i knew I couldn’t be on SL as much and I knew I’d have to break it to the woman. Fast forward to the day, I said I got promoted, the woman proceeded to make my promotion a bad thing and basically verbally came at me for not doing my part/work, where my co-workers at the time had to jump in and defend me. I will admit, my brother picked up on my slack because of my RL work and I’ll always love him for being the better for the both of us and carrying out my duties when I couldn’t because I literally couldn’t. But this woman claimed I never did anything when I have legitimate proof, that shows otherwise. AND which I never received any linden dollars for even up to this day. But it’s not the fact that I didn’t get paid for my work that bothers me. What bothers me is when I shared the news about my RL promotion—something that actually pays bills and lets me have a living. She literally turned it into a mess that couldn’t even be celebrated by the co-workers at the time who were happy for me…She’s evil. She loves playing the victim and would honestly bite the hands of those that helped her. She never takes any blame, she’s never wrong, and if it’s not her truth, it’s nobody’s. I’m sure there is a lot of people that fell victim to this woman on SL, older and younger…but I truly believe something is wrong with her. She honestly believes she’s a good person and the passage of positivity. But a good person would never have to try this hard to be seen as the victim of getting burned. Just fruit for thing Eve: Why are you never in the wrong? Why do you have to go out of your way to make people look bad just to gain the love and affection of others when you lack that within yourself? Even more so, always the passive/aggressive type, do you really think people can’t see past that fakeness when you’re talking behind people’s backs and throwing sly comments and have the nerve to back track like no one didn’t know what you said and who you said it to? Stop trying to be a fake Buddhist. You are not kind, you are not sweet and you are definitely not peaceful. Chaos literally follows you like the freakin plague and it’s exhausting. What would be the point of working for someone who hasn’t even worked on herself personally? Seriously, I feel sorry for the people that calls you a friend…And the funny thing here is, I’m not even mad at you. I really wish I could be mad at you but as I was writing this…I just feel sorry for you.
  19. Rewatching one of my favorites. A great, meaningful film.
  20. Oh .. oh my. It's going to be a poop-show and will require official identity documents, passports, id cards, drivers licences, etc. We did this already. There's good reasons why LL tossed age verification in the trash, not least of all was a huge break to participation and growth. It disproportionately affects minority demographics. I've lost many hours performance testing SL's texture pipeline that I will never get back. One 1024 is far faster and less overhead than 4x 512 textures at every stage of the asset fetch render pipeline. Less network. Faster to fetch. Faster to load into VRAM. Faster to render. The size of the download is the least impactful part of the entire process.
  21. The way I would interpret it is that "survival" would warrant the participation. Resilience is at least a step up and implies a certain intent.
  22. Dear Linden Lab, We the residents of Second Life like bacon. Vegetarian options not allowed except waffles and tacos. Please, a pony would really neigh flamboyantly. Indeed, I bathe frequently in California. Glycerine soap isn't available. Regards, A.I. PS: TSOP P.P.S. Oh! FYI: This! Without that blog, nobody will care. Tomorrow things might improve slightly. Life is ... well, beautiful. Timing makes a pudding delicious, so furries hear spoons jingling hypnotically in Ahern unless they poke spork into sensitive sexy mice. Whining solves pitchforks, but why and who, Caligula? Who and what mayonnaise does considerable light saltiness Twinkies. Who gesturebated at llamas everyday? Drama! But love is
  23. Today
  24. I've heard the reverse that it is easier on to download a smaller texture and the viewer multiplies it 4x rather then having to download 1 texture 4x the size. So why you say the opposite? At the very least 2048 sq textures will quadruple the required download.
  25. Severe temperaments yield less enjoyment S T E R N
  1. Load more activity