All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Solve this equation right now, QUICK!
  3. It's only ever a matter of time before every companies database ends up for sale some place. All it takes is one small slip, one change in policy or procedure, one change in some bit of software so generic no one is checking it twice, and bam .. game over. Through a combination of skill and luck, we haven't had to endure that. But at some point we will. The only question is how bad is it going to be. They more they have and keep, the more we have to lose.
  4. This part is worth emphasizing. Your Premium membership is prepaid and Linden Lab does not issue refunds (read the TOS to see this). As Li'l says, when you indicate your wish to downgrade to a Basic account, your status will change to Pending Downgrade. The account will not actually be downgraded until the end of the period that you have already paid for, though. You will continue to have all Premium benefits (except for being able to own Mainland property or a Linden Home). That being the case, you might as well wait until a week or two before the account is due to auto-renew and then downgrade. That way, you'll still be able to own property right to the end.
  5. 100 % this. I don't think people realize what a dangerous area this is - especially with age and identity verification. Doxxing is a real thing.
  6. What you're seeing is the shadow from your head on the upper part of your neck. If you turn off shadows, you won't see that. Also, why do you need a neck fix? If you have the same tone for your body and head, and the head skin is worn above your body skin, you shouldn't need a neck fix. p.s. I think the line between your body & head skins may come from different materials settings on your body & head. You are using a BOM skin, right? Not an applier skin from your body's HUD? I'm not an expert on these things, so I'll leave it to others to explain in better detail.
  7. Today
  8. Hello all, Before I get started, I want to be very clear that I am NOT bashing Velour. This issue could very well be my responsibility. I did talk to a CSR there. She asked that I put everything to defaults, which I did. I reset my skeleton, to make sure that was not an issue. Again, I am not trying to be mean to her. She did her job competently. Here are the specifics: Head: Lelutka EvoX Avalon 3.1 Head skin purchased at Velour: Myss Sunkiss WB for EvoX Body Neckfix: Sunkiss Evo X Eyebrows: Myss Lelutka Evo X - Avalon Ears: Myss EvoX Sunkiss Shape: Velour Myss shape (Lelutka EvoX - Avalon) Avatar: Maitreya LaraX Ok, I think that is a good listing. Here is a photo of that avatar with the face skin What am I doing wrong ? The face skin works perfectly with Maitreya Lara 5.3. Thank you for any feedback or help you can give me. Once again (for clear understanding), I am not dissing Velour or their CSR. NOT my intent.
  9. Légyszíves magyarázd meg hogy mi a baj, pontosan. Akkor valaki tud segiteni.
  10. Here are some items to dress up your garden from Sparrows Nest: the 'Goddess of Spring' is 10 LI, $60; the Gothic arch with wildflowers is 14 LI, $60; and the 3 wine box planters are linked and 4 LI, $60. (I'd thought the white spots on the boxes were supposed to be paint, but they're actually lights. (Didn't like them so unlinked and removed them, which doesn't save any LI, sadly - so best to just make them transparent if you feel the same.) You can unlink the arch for some very nice 1 LI clumps of T-Spot Mesh wildflowers and then save 1 LI when you re-link two of them together.
  11. 2048 textures sound great for creators who do optimize their content and will combine several individual textures onto the one UV map. Unfortunately SL is full of creators who wont do that, so expect to see 2048 belt buckle textures coming soon. Most creators also wont go back and "update" their older products to optimize them for the new 2048 textures either, which means they'll end up just sticking 2048's all over their stuff (or for mod stuff, their customers will do that), or they will leave everything as it is, consigning tons of useful content to the scrap heap because it's suddenly not a fashionable product unless it uses the latest thing
  12. I know that. I just enjoyed working with both the Senra head and body, but I'm too lazy to adjust elf ears to it.
  13. OMG I'm glad I read this. I was just about to get a second PP account so I didn't have to keep relogging alts to do rentals pictures. MANDATORY 2048??? I can't help thinking that will cause visibility to take a hit. The only reason I have PP is for the uploads. If 2048 is mandatory and costs 10L per, I will cancel it. But is this really confirmed?
  14. This goes back to the founding of Zindra, and the determination of some child avatars to push the envelope and insist that they had the right to enter Zindra and hang out in bars and clubs if they liked, or make a home, without being banned, as long as they did not engage in adult behaviour. Which kind of loses the plot, but it was a symbolic protest -- and it won. I think if you are sincere and serious about being a child avatar properly, you should NOT be fighting to get into Zindra. So I support a ban on child avatars and child content in adult areas. It works the other way around -- you can't have adult activity in "General". So in "Adult" you should have child avatars and child content. That goes to the crux of the recent scandal: child content on an adult-rated sim, even if you can't prove "indecent" or "*****" activity. As my mother always used to tell us, in the Catholic tradition, "Avoid the near occasion of sin." Don't go to those roadhouses of ill repute where young girls will lose their virtue. It's not about Apple Falls and having you walk in a store as a child avatar in an M region and a bed is on sale with both "M" and "A" animations. That's edge-casing and hair-splitting. There's all too much of that around this issue that denies common sense. Most merchants if they want sanity in their store do not put out the adult version of furniture so they don't get loads of day-trippers and looky-loos and kids "trying out the animations". Having it on sale is not having it in action. Meanwhile, a child bed on an adult sim with a mixture of children and adults means that you have the setting where unlawful behaviour will take place. So you eliminate that climate. I think it's more than reasonable. Every time someone attempts to deal with the ***** problem they encounter a welter of edge-casers saying "But mah anime waifu short avatar who isn't really a child." Please, let's not be children here, literally. The anime and cute cubs industries are built on this blurring of the distinctions deliberately and we shouldn't be forced to endure that game in SL. If you want to do adult things, don't be in a child avatar; if you want to be a child avatar, don't demand a presence on adult sims. The question here is not about "M" but "A"
  15. 2048 Available. A beautifully furnished Onsu Skybox will be left for your use on this quiet parcel On Novgorod. Priced to sell! http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Novgorod/112/87/76
  16. This is me watching the eclipse. I'm not supposed to go out in crowds but I double-masked up. Also with my draw distance down and "no comment" mode in SL.
  17. It has already gone away. We will get new rules for the Residents and LL staff, but no results of any investigation. The old rules were not clear enough for even LL staff to understand they could say, so there is no action needed except to tighten up the rules. Please tilt your head more to the left so our facial recognition software can confirm it is really you trying to log in.
  18. On sale at Urban Roots - balcony flower boxes, $75 each. The one on the far right is 5 LI, the others are 6 LI each.
  19. During the early days of the pandemic before the vaccine when I couldn't go out of doors at all, I made my way through all the Central Asian greats that I never found time to read before -- I used to have a job writing about Central Asia daily and I would often say "I only know what I write in the newspaper" to stress my ignorance, as I had never gone to those countries as it happens. So John Buchan's "Greenmantle" (whose scenes I've re-created in SL in both egg and full-size form) is really the UR-novel of all of these types of works, and a lot of spy stories for the next 100 years like 007 and Smiley's People and such. And it is filled with the Orientalism and geocentrism and racism and antisemitism which you'd expect at the time so you have to take it as a period piece but it's still a great story, and politically-correct novels of our time like "The Bird King" have basically copied the same story line and even scenery. So I thought "Kim" was going to be even worse and it wasn't, actually, you need to read it through. Yes, people used to say "mankind" and "man's first step" and all the rest. I'm used to thinking of "resilient" in NGO terms so I apply it to situations like Chechen and Ukrainian war refugees torn from their homes or torn limb from limb, not...a virtual world for affluent Westerners to sit in their pajamas and RP. You know? Resilience in a virtual world? There's a very, very simple pathway to virtual world resilience: log off! Remember that CSI episode on SL that we were all fascinated by? And the "Log off! Log off!" scene? But to put all of that aside and look at SL in its own terms...I think the key is to have good graphic settings. DO NOT CLICK that button on the viewer now that says "Improve Your Graphics" because it makes it WORSE. Dial everything down. Take off "avatar" view. Take down particles. You know the drill. I just spent another evening with a friend TPing around aimlessly, lagging, crashing, trying to find some good live music or even just a place to shop at Fantasy Faire without dragging around in freeze frame. So we got a bit of shopping done, a bit of sight-seeing of the builds but the music wasn't workable. So, like the weather, wait an hour, and the Events list changes, you'll likely find something to your taste. Weedstock is in session although apparently mainly bikers and folk. I found this great show recently called Billy Bob and the Psychedelic somethings with old progressive rock tunes and a particle shows. So that's the second point about resilience: patience, ability to keep looking and suffering crashes. Recently, another friend contacted me like 4 times and never caught me online, and I thought she had something urgent and specific, perhaps news of a show, a request about rentals info, some other time-specific matter. But instead it seems she just wanted to chat. I think she's on another time-zone. So I couldn't talk for long because I had to get to RL chores. And that's another piece of the resilience -- the ability to withstand the time zone challenge. SL overcomes space; it doesn't overcome time. Certain relationships seem to consist entirely of asynchronous communications so I try to keep them up -- I send a link to something interesting to read or watch, in or out of SL, a freebie, and LM to some gallery or whatever. And months -- years even! -- go by where I never see that person inworld, let alone talk to them in "real time" yet I feel as if we are "still friends." Yet a third friend recently told me about a gatcha sale, I couldn't get it to hit the right thing, finally he bought it for me when he swung by and the tumbler clicked, and send it to me. I haven't seen him in ages -- and like a tenant I have, he keeps in touch by gifts (I send them too). So I would save give gifts. I wish the system had a thing whereby it would permanently leave a record tht a thing was a gift, so you could display that table or dinosaur egg in your home and it would say GIFTED BY PROKOFY NEVA on it as a conversation piece LOL. I have had to face a great deal of disruption and loss in RL and SL. And I can only say the advice to all friends in RL working for any government or large corporation: keep a crime file. You can't always act, but keep a crime file, maybe you will be able to put it together to take action in the future. And if it is more along the lines of personal relationship trauma or suffering the loss of a person through RL death or leaving SL, write a journal even for just a few minute a day, it helps. Journaling advice and workshops get awfully twee or intensive and long-term -- a few minutes, and not even every day, sometimes even once every few weeks, can make a difference. In that light my Just One Thing program which I got from yet another friend -- try to accomplish just one little thing each day, perhaps something you have been putting off. Chunk up the task. This applies to RL or SL. You will have a great sense of satisfaction if you actually unbox all your purchases and look at all the event gifts and toss most of them.
  20. In my mind LL already knows that adult verification will not work. Been there and done that as most of the old-timers remember. They are trying to talk the talk and placate folks. IF as it has been said it becomes a LAW, then that's a different story. Obviously anyone over a certain LL age (I am 16 plus now) is NOT a child. I don't care if I can't go to adult sims however there are plenty of places in adult sims that are NOT adult in any manner or form, so any further rules may hurt those folks. My only worry is that in their appearance to "look good" The Lab may decide that EVERYONE needs to prove their age much like they decided EVERYONE needed to accept Tilia even though most folks wouldn't be using it. (We won that battle more or less by the way.). Hopefully they will see that would be a VERY bad plan --- but I do sometimes wonder at the decisions that are made. We are close to two months now since the Medium article and time clock is ticking. This will NOT go away unless we let it.
  1. Load more activity