All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. As pointed out above by @Coffee Pancake this is an interesting quote from the Lindens ... "Child avatars should not be used to access or be near regions which have (or also have) adult-rated content / activities" I think none of us have an issue with the section I bolded. But accessing or being near regions with A-rated content? That's every M-rated sim in SL. As others have said, and I'll use. a specific example ... you can't walk into a furniture store like Apple Falls now with/wearing/as a child avatar? Every piece of furniture sold is both PR and A rated. Access or near are awfully vague words. Stick to G-only? Can't figure out the intent or how to enforce this at all.
  3. Without perseverance, there's no path to resilience..
  4. Let me know if you make a group or have meetings or whatever if I can I'll join and go @gothiccbabie
  5. My experience over the last year and half has required perseverance, not resilience. I pushed through because I had no other choice. Nothing was going to make it easier or less stressful. Nothing. I certainly did not have a.positive outlook while going through it and I've barely bounced back. A few other issues also arose out of the whole ordeal so there's that, too. Perseverance and resilience are two words that are often used interchangeably, but they actually have distinct meanings. Perseverance refers to the ability to persist in the face of obstacles and setbacks, while resilience refers to the ability to bounce back from adversity and maintain a POSITIVE OUTLOOK.
  6. 22:23 "strengthening our age verification process. something we'll be sharing more about soon." No new user who wants to check out SL for its adult side will be going through an age verification process. Many users who are currently participating in adult content will not be willing to hold their ID or face into a cam or similar to age verify, especially on one of those millions of alt accounts. This could have a huge negative impact on the SL userbase and economy.
  7. It will probably being office hours in California. Meaning people in the USA will be at work and most likely most of Europe will be asleep. Just like with most inworld meetings from the Lab.
  8. I haven't had a chance to watch a minute of it. Just caught this on Inara Pey's indispensable blog: Looks interesting
  9. * MarkLand * 6528 sqm Flat Roadside Land for Rent or for Sale in Glenmore * 2241 prims * Full land rights included. Flat Straight Roadside Land on Route 10 in Jeogeot. You can buy it through the 'About land' window, or you can rent it by paying the rent box that's in the corner. You don't need to be a Premium member to rent it, free members are welcome. Come and see it now: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Glenmore/125/216/50 6528 sqm 2241 prims * MarkLand * Second Life Land Sales and Land Rentals MarkLand offers excellent customer service and support to ensure that you have the best possible experience with your land, and is dedicated to helping you with any questions or concerns you may have. MarkLand has been in the Second Life land business for over ten years and currently has land ranging from TINY 16 sqm parcels to 8192 sqm. Whether you're looking for a small parcel for a cozy home or a larger one for a commercial business, MarkLand has something for you. There's always a nice selection of land in various sizes and prices available for SALE or RENT, including some great roadside parcels. Residential, Commercial, Skyboxes, GTFO, Drivers of SL, Furries, Aura, DFS, Farms and Breedables welcome. With competitive pricing and a range of terrains, our land is perfect for anyone looking to make the most of their Second Life experience. So when you're in the market for land, be sure to check out MarkLand. We're confident that you'll find the perfect piece of land for your needs. Go to the MarkLand office: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Demorgan/236/147/50 for the latest list of available land. It's updated every day.
  10. You will have to pay whatever de seller wants for the land. But with a premium plus membership you don't have to pay any tier for your purchaced plot of mainland, as long as you stick with 2048m max of land holdings and pay for premium plus.
  11. Sounds awesome! NPR and PBS are unrelated entities, btw. Yes, I wanted to say it: resilience sounds exactly like a callback to slavery. Thanks for finding a credible reference who says so!
  12. "You're allowed to PURCHASE up to 2048 of mainland without incurring any further charges." purchase for free or pay 1$ for 1msq. ?
  13. This belongs In the RL pics showing SL thread.
  14. This is one of my many classical favorites, together with Debussy's Claire de lune (both the piano- and orchestra version). Enso Quartet: Ravel String Quartet: II. Assez vif. Très rythme
  15. Today
  16. Sorry, I follow you so I don't miss anything you say! You're that good!
  17. Missing a "K"! Yup. So I quickly replaced it. You are WAY too fast.
  18. NPR is the most left-wing section of PBS, with radio programs aimed at women and minorities. Try to understand who the target audience is for this kind of social advice. The interviewee for this program was Dr. Lourdes Dolores Follins, Ph. D., LCSW-R Her degree is in Social Work, and not psychology. She describes herself, quote: "About Me: I am a Black, queer, cisgender psychotherapist who provides relationship therapy to Black, Indigenous, and other people of color who are LGBTQI/SGL/NB." She tries to define resilience as an insult, and ties the term to Slavery, Colonization, and Indentured Servitude. And then tells her patients that they are limited in their recovery because of White Supremacy, and Capitalism (of course). She is fully booked and can accept no more clients. I wonder why? Maybe this "feel good about yourself and blame everyone else for your troubles" is healthy for her clients. But it is aimed at a narrow and targeted audience. And not men, those terrible inept unfeeling "manslpainers".
  1. Load more activity