All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Hello there, I started working on a little script that displays a static particle for a fixed duration. For that, I use a function to which I pass the name of an image in the inventory of the prim: play_particle(string Filename) { llParticleSystem([ PSYS_PART_FLAGS, PSYS_PART_EMISSIVE_MASK, PSYS_SRC_PATTERN, PSYS_SRC_PATTERN_DROP, PSYS_PART_START_ALPHA, 1, PSYS_PART_END_ALPHA, 1, PSYS_PART_START_COLOR, <1,1,1>, PSYS_PART_END_COLOR, <1,1,1>, PSYS_PART_START_SCALE, <0.2,0.2,0.0>, PSYS_PART_END_SCALE, <0.2,0.2,0.0>, PSYS_PART_MAX_AGE, 20, PSYS_SRC_MAX_AGE, 20, PSYS_SRC_ACCEL, <0,0,0>, PSYS_SRC_ANGLE_BEGIN, 0, PSYS_SRC_ANGLE_END, 0, PSYS_SRC_BURST_PART_COUNT, 1, PSYS_SRC_BURST_RADIUS, 0, PSYS_SRC_BURST_RATE, 14, PSYS_SRC_BURST_SPEED_MIN, 0, PSYS_SRC_BURST_SPEED_MAX, 0, PSYS_SRC_OMEGA, <0,0,0>, PSYS_SRC_TEXTURE, Filename ]); } It all works as expected, but then there's this weird effect when I detach the object and reattach it, it displays the last displayed particle again for the programmed duration. My state_entry and on_rez events don't call that function in any way, so I figured there must be some SL gotcha I'm not aware of at play here. Since I'm rather new to scripting, I thought maybe someone here could explain to me what causes this behaviour and if there's a way to work around it. I considered having the function call a transparent particle on detach, seems a little odd to me but if that's the way to go... Anyway, any ideas?
  3. The RL photo used as example is really bad in the meaning of technical quality. Automated expossure usually "guess" there is about 18% of light reflection back from ground, but on snowy landscapes and / or in some specific circumstanes (like taking photo against Sun) there is much more - and thats goal of good photographer to set that manually for the particular situation and to try to remove (or at least minimalise) the white parts. The shown photo has really big part lost in the white, I would personaly consider it junk and delete it, if it would by mine. And I would do exactly same with the shown SL photo for very same reason - the white stain. I can talk only for myself, but I do beleive I'm not alone who try to take HIGH QUALITY SL landscape photography and not pictures comparable with RL photo I do really consider technicaly not good. We are all different with different goals and "high quality picture" has probably different meanings for different people. Please do not expect people complaining about the quality of EEP sky will stop because YOU personaly do not have issues with that. We have issues with the change and we have reasons for that. If you don't, good for you, but please do not force us your point of view and do not expect us to be happy with such a downgrade compare the old WL pre-EEP options.
  4. Today
  5. You are welcome and thank you too
  6. If you don't know that by now, I'm not telling you!
  7. My flamingo makes farting noises when I drive it down the street. Howdy neighbors! hahahaha
  8. @BelindaN Ikr? Knew it wouldn't be long until the "no because <insert highly technical jargonese reasons here>" killjoys kicked in. Nice to know I'm not alone haha
  9. Fourze - Fishing nook next to houseboats. Looks like somebody manages to keep ice frozen here all year round: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Fourze/65/240/23 Fourze - This one will take you to a cozy community area with pillowed benches, but do wander and look arond, there's a lot of going on beyond that, from picnic tables to potting shed: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Fourze/62/191/25 Fourze - A boat house that will probably become a rez zone somewhere down the line: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Fourze/88/91/22 Fourze - Couple o' loungers on a beach and an inner tube you can paddle around in: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Fourze/89/16/21 Fourze - A hangout spot with quite a few sitting options right next to the point where river conects to the sea: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Fourze/25/47/24 Fourze - And a lighthouse to top it off: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Fourze/234/130/22 Looks like this region ment to be a gathering spot for people who live on a neighboring ones. Rockham, right next to Fourze, for example is strictly residential unless I missed something well hidden. I'll check other regions around sometime soon - that's my own neighborhood.
  10. The fact that adding a full body alpha layer to the avatar fixes this issue suggests that it's actually an LL issue with how their software interacts with the different Intel graphics card hardware. Perhaps LL should be looking into what recent features they've released that would cause such a problem.
  11. OH.....OH.....OH......OH.......I would love all that......... Now you tell me its a crock of gold? Pffft!
  12. I figured it out! Forum Moderator, please close this post 😁
  13. Actually opened up a couple days ago. Taken a few nice long flights from the gulf to places like Abbots. Be careful of Bolga(i think it was) though it'll crash you, meant to report that to concierges today but got caught up in work and forgot >.<
  14. What do you want out of love what do you vision on it with yourself through you when you close your eyes and think for a minute use the imagination with vision in your mind create it. You will find it in your heart with your soul and your mind meditate on it. Then write down the things that come to your mind. ❤️❤️ Love is a choice. You don't find the perfect relationship, you create it! When Second life began it was all created all the art together with love. Go and connect with others make a friend if the spark is their with love it will happen when it happens you start as friends and more. Communication the soul connection with the deep connection the laughter and love and making someone smile.❤️❤️ More wishes to your happiness.
  15. I'd have become friends and then refused to let him find me on the map. When he started whinging in IM, I'd have done my responses in role play mode, based on whatever character flitted into my head at the time. Right now I'm thinking Basil Fawlty and Vicky Pollard.
  16. Hi all, I have two different types of gloves that I want to wear in either of the Maitreya bento hands. One glove asks to add alpha layer, the other one doesn't and works with the bento Maitreya hands. My question is if there is a way to only make one of the hands invisible? So I can wear both of them, one on each hand. Currently my Maitreya Lara body only allows to make 'both' hands disappear using the HUD and not just one of them. Halp 😞 P.S. I have tried adding the classic hands but the gloves (not requiring the alpha layer) only work with bento hands Edit: Issue resolved!
  17. .....mmmm I remember reading in a post about rezzing boats and planes in the new San Jocoso continent and being able to drive a car,but where we can rez ? yesterday I walked for kilometers but I didn't see any sign along roads or at criss cross, where it's allowed to rez. I think if I put my car back in my garden I can't go out. Can you give me some indication and in the case the land mark of the place? I also wish you a happy Easter. I would be honored if you came to visit my home, and tell me what you think ....
  18. there is nothing new what i read in your post, all DJ's in SL cán do that... I think you been to the wrong places where there are no DJ's with some talent, just the easy lazy "tip meh".. "give me linden love" type of guys/girls. Making a playlist doesn't make you a bad DJ, it's called preparation. With the right skills you still can put up a great show and give people the time they look for. Yes you need a stream, but don't have to rent it ( can't buy those) but you also can set up a stream at your own machines, just have a pc that's powerfull enough for the total users ánd bandwith. Most DJ's here use Sam, even winamp, or VDJ, it's pretty easy to connect the stream to those. And of course... the legal side, you'll need to contact your local instance for broadcasting( because you in fact create a radiostation) and licences to use the music, but as pro you for sure know that.
  19. wuaoo i see my home, is de 5th green dot from 1st bridge starting from south of map to north at right , happy easter
  1. Load more activity