All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Peeve: When I was a cub, "folders" were pieces of thick paper that folded! And we called them "Manila folders"! Teh Goggle says: "The manila component of the name originates from Manila hemp, named after Manila, the capital of the Philippines. This was historically the main material for manila folders, alongside the manila envelope and manila paper."
  3. Since no subfolders... mumbles .. Steal a version of the Dewey Decimal System. Numbers force the Sort Order! | Category Number. Item Number --> 740.110 Steal the Numbering Trick from the Old days of C64 Basic, When starting... leave the last number in a part as zero, so can go back and add more. Of course I forget what they mean sometimes, so the trick is brevity for the first part of a outfit name. Leaves room for the descriptors, makes so not have to expand the window side to side as much. Also it helps to separate the Descriptors with a / Of course still have to scroll up and down and up and down. Shame that is not a 'jump to' button. Down on the blank area at the bottom. Between Number of Outfits and Complexity of current outfit.
  4. It doesn't need to be used daily. Just create the top level folders you want in it: they will appear in FS, and are fully functional. In fact, you can create subfolders within those in FS: I do so all the time. It's only the top level folders you can't create in FS. PS. I use BD for this rather than Catznip because I do use that viewer pretty frequently.
  5. Thanks. I messed around with the demo some more, and it does look like "Shape 3" is close to this one. The challenge if I switch is going to be shoes. I don't have a lot of Reborn shoes currently.
  6. Well I said theoretically because afaik they haven't actually found any new clients yet though its been a bit since I last looked. I would have thought they might have been aggressive in marketing to Opensim, being it is already so similar it would have a reasonable easy sell. So until they actually have a client aside from SL, it is just theory.
  7. Often body creators use bloggers to take those pictures. That being said that looks like the body with waifus and the small butt deformer that comes with the body. The pic also looks a little zhushed up in photoshop. But that look is definitely doable.
  8. Linden Lab and Tilia are still very much related to each other. That's not where the problem lies. Once you go out into the wide business world and try to get other companies to work together, I see a mine field of self-interests and power struggles. I'm not saying it's impossible. I just don't see it happening anytime soon.
  9. Fair enough. Catznip is great for working with inventory. I do OCCASIONALLY use it.While I would like folders, not so much that I would add Catznip as one of my daily use viewers.
  10. since I have a homeless premium that will be downgraded in some month I decided to have a go at Fantasy Houses. Rolled one I like after a couple of days trying. The treehouses are what made me try so got one, close to a pond and a waterway, a bridge and a road, everything I wanted. Loving the place. Mine is the only treehouse in the pic.
  11. A year or three back, I was at an old hangout of mine when one of the more infamous toxic-furs who used to go there, arrived, and started loudly telling everyone that SL would be gone in a year, and they should all go to Neos VR. So I checked it's page on steam. In Alpha release, and had been for 4 years,. I read the change logs, for the weekly updates, and for every update "fixing a bug" in some aspect of the gameplay, there were a hand full of updates implementing new import codecs, to enable Neos players to illegally upload propriatory game content file formats ripped from commercial games, usually anime and /or furry themed games. Reviews I saw of it also made a point of mentioning that if your avatar wasn't a "customised" anime/furry themed game rip, you were looked down at by the other regular players. So basically "Fursona Copybotters World". Needless to say I didn't bother downloading and installing it. A platform I'd never heard of, that's stuck in the "dead VR gimmick" past, is your "closest competitor to SL"? Let's be realistic here, there is NO "metaverse", it's a buzzword used my professional marketing liars, that means almost nothing.
  12. Not theoretically offer them, it does. That is the whole reason it was spun off, to be a payment service focused on virtual worlds and digital currency, and the metaverse in general, and not singularly focused on SL.
  13. Maybe but I will point out that Tilia has been spun off on its own and could now theoretically offer its services to competing platforms, Also 2-3 years ago it seems to me the ToS was changed in such a way that the Lab could potentially offer MP content to other grids, which I thought was interesting but never really saw where they were going with that up to now. The way I read the change is that in theory at least, both the Lab and Tilia could offer the content and linden $ to Purchase that content to other independent Grids.
  14. I see the possibility happening if various platforms recognize their specific strengths and how they could benefit if they had the ability to market that strength to a larger userbase then they can get on their own. As an example if the Lab put in their inworld building tools and MarketPlace, Tilia brought their economy, IMVU brought their shopping features and maybe their Inventory UI, Opensim brought it's ability to provide self hosted cheap land, etc
  15. Today
  16. I remember back in the 90s, VRML was pretty hyped - at least for a short time. I think we came close to it, but the problem is that no one really seemed to want it or perhaps just did not have the hardware for it. I thought it was really cool, but from a practicality standpoint a two dimensional representation for stores, forums, and so on, are just more convenient. When I think of a multiverse, I mostly think of the web in a 3d setting, where people host their sites on a server, and we have 3d browsers hopping from site to site, it is more of a standard that is used to build such a VR site. VRML as far as I am aware (not incredibly familiar with it) is still around, the problem is, there just is no demand for it. I don't think any of us will live long enough to see it, simply because very few people seem to be interested in it as a means to replace the web. Perhaps if it came close enough to simulate real life, there would be a demand for it, but right now, it is kind of out there. I'm sure it could be done better than this, but this gives you an idea. I imagine AR will be more popular in the future, which will give us an overlay over the real world, before we see a metaverse start to exist fully in VR. I suppose the metaverse could be considered AR though, right? Dystopian future! 🤣 Okay, not realistic, by this point I imagine food delivery services will be automated, and people will be getting UBI or something.. who knows?
  17. Orwar

LaraX?

Ah. Well, there are some small differences, but whether you feel you need to adjust the shape is up to your own preferences. If you line up your avi and use the same camera position and take a picture in both bodies and then compare them you'll be able to see which areas change and may need some attention.
  18. Well I don't know. I still can't get on. I live in Western NY. I have a support ticket in.
  19. between Lara 5.3 and LaraX 1.1
  20. Do you mean vampire RPers? I see a couple of orbs on MP, but it looks like they aren't terribly reliable. Search on "bloodlust orb" to see them.
  1. Load more activity