All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I confess, I haven't read the last 26 pages so I don't know if this one has been covered already, but mine is from a newbie perspective as I've only been in SL for about a week. When I search out gifts and freebies I often end up zoomed in to it using the Area Search. When I click the gift it often gives me a link as I am not already a member, fair enough. My peeve is when places do not offer a group join when you click it and not already a member, they just tell you that you need to be a member of a group, but offer no link to join. What makes matters worse is then glancing around there is no group join button to be found. It's then a game of hunt the group join button and while doing so I lose my zoom on what I was after. Long and windy. Hope it made sense.
  3. I tried a script reset, then a Linden tried a region restart & finally, Dottie Linden had to come & pry my houseboat from the sea floor with her bare hands. It was impressive.
  4. Hello! thanks for the answer! I mean I want the script to work not for the linkset of the three objects, but only for one object. I tried it, but unfortunately it works a bit strange. Different textures are displayed on several sides at once, which is not happen in the case if you use a linkset. and there is no menu to change the speed...
  5. Thanks you so much, Elora, for doing this! I know they're busy with higher priority stuff at present, but I'd be happy if they just have us even a few more options- light or natural, etc. Now if they want to throw in a "natural" option for the ceiling beams, I'd be even happier, but that's getting greedy lol
  6. Do you have the jira link handy? I'll def sign it!
  7. Precisely! Edification info is a great idea! As for the roaming bit: The Water Horse requires pathfinding (which is always enabled on LL regions) and may use a touch more script load that the Teegle version (which does not use pathfinding) - and I'm only guessing here. Before I got my LL home I had a giant 2048 parcel as a GTFO (SL cargo game) depot and had four Animesh NPC constantly walking around (uses pathfinding) and they had "listens" (always listen for a "hello" from someone) - and this is on mainland in Heterocera Atoll (known for creaky old simulators) and the truth is: I absolutely could not feel a thing, lag-wise. But, like the Water Horse and Teegle, these are just animation - no real load at all. Breedables, on the other hand, ar constantly pinging off-world servers and all kinds of constant shenanigans going on so they can grow, starve, DIE. LOL Hence, I genuinely believe rezzing as many as four or five will not make a dent in anyone's experience at all. Though, as stated above: it could be a bit crowded LOL I plan to rezz two Teegles, one Lemon Drop (I think that's the name of that color LOL - side note: very fun skin names for TeeglePets) - and a (I forget the name) Brown "Mustang-looking patterned" one and both are American Paint breed. I may rez the "Horse" version of the rezzer because it's beautiful. But as someone who really does try hard to be a good neighbor, (Mainland or LL Home,) I genuinely do always pay close attention to any possible effect I may have on others. So, if I do chickens, I promise not to do Roosters (Illegal in RL because of morning crows at 5 AM LOL)
  8. All, the powers that be have been in touch with me. I've been instructed to submit a JIRA for a "new feature" and have done so requesting that the dark navy wall be changed to accept all other textures available and, to be able to select face to change to whatever other texture we'd like to use of our own. I uploaded a photo showing how dark the interior of the home is and mentioned that considering the boat is a water based home one would expect it to be filled with sunlight - and it certainly is not. Fingers crossed that they will take this to heart.
  9. Depends.. is the bedroom behind that door? Love the attitude showing in this pic
  10. Probably learning new stuff daily in RL, and sometimes in SL. But sometimes in SL it makes me feel quite silly that it took me 12+ years to learn about it. Like a couple of weeks ago, I found out (because a friend did it on her object) that you can set move right to a single object, so you can allow others to move stuff without giving them edit rights on all your objects!
  11. The majority of time while bumming around, yes. I like it best. I realize I am in the minority here and I will also tell people FS is a better viewer to use. Just not for me. I do use FS some. Maybe it's just my perception but I like the way it responds to windlight better .... plus the vast amount of presets it has stock. I will use BD from time to time if I am serious about taking a picture for something special.
  12. But! Elitism doesn't exist in SL! /end satire
  13. I will never know for sure, but I do think so yes (and it does feel so). About 7 years ago someone went offline and never returned after being online almost daily for the 4 years up front of that. A close friend (and more at first), but we never exchanged enough real life information to find out what happened, so it will always remain a mystery I guess.
  14. You might want to try this, copied from Patch Linden's Topic: "Additionally, we have implemented the ability for parcel owners to reset their house controller scripts (the mailbox or life ring for rezzing a different house) should a Resident encounter an issue generating the house selection menu. If you do not receive a house selection menu when you click your House Controller, simply click on and hold the Controller for at least two seconds to reset the scripts. This should correct for most issues of this nature. If the problem persists after attempting this, please contact support."
  15. Andrea, there are no longer any authorized places to buy or sell $L EXCEPT the official LL Linden Exchange. LL made this change because of laws regarding virtual currencies that were passed in the USA several years ago. Third party exchanges like VirWox no longer deal in $L. The only "outside" source I am aware of is eBay...and I believe that most, if not all, $L sellers on eBay are scammers. If you buy $L there, you will either not receive them at all, or you will be buying $L that were purchased fraudulently. LL is so determined to work within the existing laws that they have even banned avatars who were simply given an unsolicited gift of fraudulent $L. People should be very suspicious of large, unexpected "gifts" from strangers (by "large", I mean $L10,000 or more). You were extraordinarily fortunate to have only been given a warning. Open a PayPal account (I don't recommend Skrill), get it verified, and use it to buy your $L.
  16. Of course. There are certain avatars, that I would never start a conversation with, just as I wouldn't based on what someones profile says.
  17. There's also a significant difference between the ban lines a normal person will see when ban lines are set (not, of course, in Bellisseria) by un-checking "Anyone Can Visit", and the ban lines a person who is banned by name sees. From SL's Wiki ( http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Limits ), under the Land heading: - Ban line height for "no entry" or "pay to access" (in other words, "allow public access" is turned off, or "allow group access" is turned on, in the parcel options) is the parcel's ground elevation plus 50 meters (except, if the region has been set to "Block Parcel Fly Over" in which case the access controls extend to at least 4096 meters). If a user is explicitly banned by name, the height is the parcel's ground elevation plus 5000 meters. On current viewers this is visible to the full extent.I I wonder if this difference has an influence on the observed behaviour between having a person on the ban list or not? I guess that the Belliseria setup was just a butchered version of the old system rules setup, so there's likely to be some hangover?
  18. @Alyona Su I love the style your describing for your place . Yes, it is a bit of an rl trend to go agricultural as much as one can on their 1/4 acre suburban lot. Chickens copes etc. Here in Bellisseria My neighbor has a perfect vegg garden. And Yes, I wouldnt mind if the club gave info & educate on small courtesies of being a good equestrian neighbor. I dont know if these horses set to roam etc will affect a sim in ways other animals did in the past??? Someone with tech smarts will have to share their opinion on "best pet practices " 😊
  19. that's no violation, with restrictions, the age limit is 13 http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Teens_in_Second_Life
  20. Rolig nailed it. When you own multiple parcels in a region, their object-carrying capacity gets added together. That number is shown in the "region land capacity" number, and you can allocate prims however you want between your parcels. You could put all 5800 on one, and leave the others empty. When you deed land to a group, that group becomes the "owner" of the land. That parcel is no longer owned by you, and so its parcel land capacity doesn't contribute to your region capacity. Suddenly, you are over your object capacity, and objects get returned to you. Plus, if you have autoreturn set on the new, group-owned parcel, and there are any objects that are not owned by you or set to group, THOSE objects will get returned to their owner(s) too.
  21. I am currently using Adams, but might hop to Continental at some point. Continental would definitely leave more room, haha.
  22. Maybe its a language thing, I'm not native English. But to me, bigotry sounds pretty heavy and quite out of place toward what is being talked about in this topic. But that's just my opinion of course.. Now on topic; Lets say I'm in a bar (real life) and someone is hitting on me that I find totally unattractive. I will probably not go along with it, unless that person is very interesting/funny or whatever, that it sparks my interest. Though, if I'm at that same bar, and someone is hitting on me that I'm wildly attracted to, even if their opening line was less original, I will probably go along with it at first. If I find them attractive they have an advantage with their first impressions. In the end, its the personality that will decide if I go on with someone, but the first impression the attractive is ahead of the non attractive one. (and with that I mean attractive to my personal taste, not general photo model look alike) I think that this is perfectly normal behavior for most humans, and also perfectly accepted behavior. Why is it so weird and bad that we act the same way in Second Life? I think its bigotry if I go out and tell the person I'm not attracted to that they are unattractive, or other negative things. I'm not. I'm just not attracted to them (at first impression), is that bigotry?
  1. Load more activity