All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. How can it possibly be a concern? What could you have read or heard to make you think of such a thing? Is somebody actually suggesting this to you in a way that makes you think they're serious? If so, please ask them to go back on their meds.
  3. Do we know this to be a fact? Decoupling KVP from Experiences and/or permitting a possibly scaled-back version to be used grid-wide would seem the logical way to replace the media string kludge, inasmuch as KVP storage must be supported going forward anyway. (Granted, the "comma-delimited list" string return values are a pretty hideous kludge, presumably to conform to old limitations on dataserver results. For an individual use, it's easy enough to concoct a scheme to escape the comma character at the application level, but it sure gets in the way of any general use, cross-application tool to help folks use Experiences.)
  4. Hi Gerald No sorry that was not one of mine. They did have many sims with several other estates so i am unsure who that sim belonged to. Wish i could help
  5. Lots of inspiration thank you! (I just spent a day covering up the stairs in mine!) Also I got a welcome from the neighbour, so I guess community is what you make it?
  6. Someone on this forum -- a couple of months ago -- when I commented on "broken promises" made by Linden Lab (in that case it was Ebbe) commented that they doubted he would ever make a promise "like that". Well officials in The Lab have broken at least two promises in the last week. Whether we call them "promises" or not, it really doesn't matter; they clearly tell us things (sometimes repeatedly) that don't come to pass. I suspect we will muddle through the Tilia debacle (that is the HANDLING of the Tilia announcement and the subsequent TOS acceptance which BETTER be just for the USD holders in the crowd and not another broken promise) but I foresee another shoe dropping in the not too distant future. MORE difficult news isn't likely to come right away though so we will get a breather. It may be three months, it may be after the "super duper premium" is unveiled -- this giving us (possibly) something good to remember before said shoe hits the floor. My hunch is that it will concern cashing out to Paypal once again -- and not in a rah rah sis boom ba kind of way. I would be happy to be wrong :D. The LEA announcement was expected for some months now; once the AIRS sims disappeared. Whether my comments here "helped" finalize that decision, I know not. I seriously doubt that I have enough influence to tip the balance, but my continuous questions (some still unanswered) didn't help stabilize the situation. No regrets. I wouldn't change a word. And I think @Inara Pey's post on the closure and history of LEA was very fair and correct. And in THIS case, I know more than she does on the subject LOL. I don't see the closure connected to our current atmosphere at all. And it was a very good run and certainly a very important part of my personal SL journey.
  7. If you are in arrears paying your land tier (think full regions that maybe allowed to coast for a while due to illness, or credit card info snafus), Tilia isn't a get out of debt card. For inactivity fees max is balance but if you owe a past due debt -you owe.
  8. That hooman is nakie!! lol "covers eyes with paws". but great job on both homes!
  9. Not at all its a concern. Otherwise I wouldn't have asked. I thought this thread was for people who had concerns and questions. If that rubs you the wrong way, all you had to do was ignore.
  10. I have second life not available now. But 10k script tital sounds very low if you know that one script can already use 64k memory. I think 10k is different one then the 10kbyte I know. A parcel can easy use a few 100kbyte if memory.
  11. At Emmaus Wellness Center we are hiring all medical staff members. We need all the staff we can get and even if you have no experience we will train you as needed. The pay is tips so if your ok with working for tips go ahead and apply. Click the link to apply and we will get back to you for a interview and if we hire you we will give you a tour so you know where everything is and what we expect.
  12. Right now, 3000-5000 scripts doing nothing can use up most of a region's script time. That's really a bug. At Server User Group, we're told that efforts are underway to reduce the overhead of idle scripts substantially. I hope LL succeeds at this. This problem wasn't fully realized until recently. Then some people found sims with no avis and nothing much going on in sim overload. Some others discovered that you can put an empty sandbox into script overload with a few thousand scripts that are sitting there doing nothing. This is getting attention from LL because it's a huge server load that costs them and benefits nobody. Discussed previously in another topic. So I'd suggest not putting massive efforts into removing idle scripts at this time.
  13. @Cian Wycliffe Squirrel and Hamster are going to need some acorns and carrots in individual baskets, if you please. Thank you in advance! hee hee...
  14. I hope she hasn't stopped creating hair. She's amazing!
  15. You have a last name. You've been here a while. You know better than this, asking a transparent FUD-promoting "question" just to be able to say you, too, piled on even now, at this late date. You made up an excuse to troll with a pretend scenario nobody could be idiot enough to take seriously. It's not cool. It's not amusing. The residents here are trying their best to answer what appear to be real questions from people who are still, despite everything, somehow confused. Nobody has patience for this.
  16. Awww that’s awesome πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ congrats hun xo enjoy 😊
  17. Thank you! It's nothing "fancy", no waterfront or anything, but I'm over the moon with it! I've always lived in family communities, so I don't mind being on a busy street at all. Maybe down the road I might try and snag up something else, but for the coming time, I'm going to settle down here
  18. Settlers of Second Life .. a fairly rare to find 4 player Catan clone made entirely from prims, scripted in LSO and using a paltry 256 Li
  19. Aww congrats! That's excellent news. I hope you enjoy your new home.
  20. Those maps don't actually add anything you can't embedd onto the textures themselves. What they allow you to do, is add nuances that change with view angle and lighting. This is going to be very generic, theoretical and technical: That means you've already learned an important lesson: Photorealism is not SL realism! It sounds a bit counterituitive but sometimes you want to reduce the dynamic range and maybe even add a slight amount of blur to a texture to make it look more "real" in SL. The reason is that we need to blend it into the SL environment. A texture that is significantly sharper or "richer" in colour than the surroundings will stand out like a sore thumb. Saturation and Contrast are the basic tools for adjusting dynamic range. You're bound to have lots of other more advanced methods too but which depends on what software you use. Perhaps the most important factor if you make textures from photos is to choose the right photo. I suppose it goes without saying that pictures taken with bright sunlight are generally useless for textures but there are also several other factors and some of them aren't apparent until you start working on them. With a bit of luck and experience you might be able to make a decent texture from one photo out of ten but don't bet on it. Increasing the dynamic range might help but it's very hard to do wihtout ending up with an exaggerated contrast "pop art" look. One really useful trick I learned from the gret Jubjub Forder is to add a grayscale cloud layer to a texture. Layer opacity set very low, layer opacity prefably Overlay but Multiply and Color Burn can also work. What this gives you, are subtle shading nuances which can add a lot of depth to a texture that is too "flat". Be careful though, if you overdo it, you end up with a mottled look. That doesn't make nearly as much difference as people believe. Maybe because we never get to see other people's flops. I think it's fair to say that even the best texture artists have more failures than successes. They just don't show anybody. You should also keep in mind that very few people make their textures from scratch. Most use a seed texture where somebody else has done all the hard work. I don't think that should matter in this particular context but it's such a good advice for many other reasons so yes, well said!
  21. I got one! I got one! I got one! I got one! Someone just abandoned their home on Rothacker. I'm going to check it out now! Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
  22. Scholars have hypothesized that pickle making could have ended up in Bellisseria through an extinct civilization, known as the Primitars. They may have found delivery boxes of pickles, which drifted to Bellisseria after the blast threw them into the sea. The Primitars figured how to create primitive pickles but the art of pickle making on Bellisseria was lost after the Primitars went extinct. Fast forward 15Β½ years, and an industrious tribe, known as the Moles rediscovered the lands and decided to develop it for future habitation. It is rumoured that some members of this Moles tribe excavated some artefacts whilst preparing the lands for cultivation. One of the more stubborn rumours tell of the excavation of a glass jar of pickles, predating the Mole civilization. Obviously, the jar could not have been thrown here by the explosion of the pickle factory, so the only logical conclusion is that the Primitars developed the art of pickle making, possibly after the pickle disaster dumped thousands of delivery crates with pickles and pickle-making supplies in the surrounding oceans. Some of these crates may have washed ashore, allowing the Primitar people to learn how to make pickles. At least, that is one theory.
  23. You really don't have to worry about script memory usage. Once upon a time way back when, LL would show off their new shiny servers and tell us all how much ram they had, they haven't done that for years and those old servers are now being used as door stops. (You can buy a cheap PC in walmart with more oompf than the last machines we knew the details for!). However, some like to cite those old numbers as though they are still relevant. We have no idea what the machines in LL's data center look like. We can reasonably assume they aren't running a museum and are significantly better equipped than they were in 2008, not to mention all the infrastructure changes that have happened in that time moving stuff into the cloud. When it comes to Linden homes, keep in mind that each full region doesn't have full resident use (like regular mainland or a private island may), this is primarily to give enough Li headroom for roads and the 'free' houses, it also gives quite a bit more headroom for scripts too. The best tip is when placing multiple copies of the same object (like a chair), don't rez each one by one, shift copy them. Keep the number of animating things down (animating as in the thing itself animates .. like pets / critters), and don't leave stuff out you rarely use (like a greedy table that only see's a game once a blue moon). A couple of breedables are technically fine, but they will attract unwanted attention (deserved or not) from neighbors who like to peek over the fence. I would not recommend removing scripts. I would not recommend watching the script stats like a hawk. The best performance metric is perceptual .. when you interact with the thing, does it do the thing in a satisfactory manner. If not .. well .. this is shared land, your ability to debug script usage is practically zero, and you can't expect a Linden to come out and start inspecting everything, they just don't do that.
  24. Today
  1. Load more activity