Second Life for Symbian ???

Daral Yven

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4387 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm using Nokia E7-00 now for few months,and im really curious why is there second life viewer versions for Iphone and Android but not for Symbian (Anna/Belle) ? What's the big deal ?

Yes,i've been reading forums and i heard people talking about how symbian is weak software but srsly , in fact there is a skype for symbian belle (for example) already and i think that is quite big app for symbian,but still supporting it.

But for instance like Iphone have  Pocket Metaverse or Sparke IM etc. those apps only allow you to see the map and your friend list in SL( as long as i know from my friends using it on their iphones),you don't see it as you usually do on a PC .So this make the app similar as the others chat programs.I mean isn't skype for example the same thing - connecting with the net,open your contact list and choose a person to chat with ? Also i found few threads about "vollee" or something,that's been supporting SL for symbian for a bit,but stopped and no one told why.

Seriously is Symbian software that bad,that can't hold up on a bit stronger chat app?And if symbian can hold up on SL why isn't there an app ?

Daral Yven wrote:

I'm using Nokia E7-00 now for few months,and im really curious why is there second life viewer versions for Iphone and Android but not for Symbian (Anna/Belle) ? What's the big deal ?

Yes,i've been reading forums and i heard people talking about how symbian is weak software but srsly , in fact there is a skype for symbian belle (for example) already and i think that is quite big app for symbian,but still supporting it.

But for instance like Iphone have  Pocket Metaverse or Sparke IM etc. those apps only allow you to see the map and your friend list in SL( as long as i know from my friends using it on their iphones),you don't see it as you usually do on a PC .So this make the app similar as the others chat programs.I mean isn't skype for example the same thing - connecting with the net,open your contact list and choose a person to chat with ? Also i found few threads about "vollee" or something,that's been supporting SL for symbian for a bit,but stopped and no one told why.

Seriously is Symbian software that bad,that can't hold up on a bit stronger chat app?And if symbian can hold up on SL why isn't there an app ?

The issue is that the SL market is small and the Symbian market is small (and getting smaller). Small X Small = Microscopic.

Hi, might be because of the "numbers installed" ? Seems Symbian now is only running on Nokia Phones.

This is more a question for a Symbian OS forum i think, so go and shake them up ;)

Most if not all mobile clients are not really under development, they stay as they are, without real improvement....

(correct me if i´m wrong but there was no update on them for ages)

Monti

edit: ha madeleine got me, thats when u think about your words toooo long ;)

Daral Yven wrote:

SL & symbian markets ?:matte-motes-bored:

If you want to sell a product, you must have a market for it (a population of customers). Symbian is dead, so the market of users into which you can sell Symbian based applications is rapidly shrinking. The SL user base was never very large in comparison to the mobile phone market. There simply are not a lot of SL users in the world. So the total population of SL users with Symbian phones is microscopic.

• 2 weeks later...

Cinnamon Lohner wrote:

Symbian died with the announcement by Nokia that they were dumping it and moving to the Microsoft Windows Phone 7 OS in 2011.

--Cinn

If it indeed died then my C7 phone must run with Holy Spirit, or something...

sCh_christianpray3.gif    :smileysurprised:

The operating system is still updated, the applications are still updated.  So there is nothing to worry for symbian phone owners.  Just a couple of weeks ago there was again an update.

What you can say is that Symbian died in a sence that it will not be put in new phone models anymore.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4387 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.