Dress name help please?

iCade

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4393 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Thanks, but searching there I could not find anything similar. It's the skirt shape I am after, its a very specific one, but thank you anyway :)

A lovely person IM'ed me in game telling me it's called a 'Burlesque dress' so wee! Off shopping I go^^

Some gothic dresses are kind of similar to the link you posted such as Curious Kitties Pirschjager mesh dresses. I bought the red and black one which is cute. Had an issue with the lace trim under the skirt (basically couldn't see it) although I could see the rest of the mesh dress but Ameshin sorted it out for me. Demos available.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/products/search?search%5Bcategory_id%5D=&search%5Bmaturity_level%5D=G&search%5Bkeywords%5D=curious+kitties+pirschjager

It is an imagined type of dress. In those days even their petticoat was showing it was never that short.

What is on her hips might be known in those days as a bum roll. I know there is a more formal word for it but I can't think of it at the moment. If I think of it later I will post again.

You could try circus, post apocalyptic, goth carnival, (even though the stripes are like circus people wore), goth circus, maybe, not sure. You might try goth Victorian also. It's a bit Victorian in influence as well. (Victorian era in history.) You might try Alice in Wonderland since these type of fashions are also often enamored with those fashions and fictional characters and what they wore (her arm band reminds me of the Queen of Hearts so I can see that influence there as well.) But usually they make the (Alice in Wonderland) story more twisted and dark.

None of those things will pull up instant results or perfect results but there unfortunately is not yet one word or phrase made to describe this line of SL clothing (that I know of.) Steampunk would be the wrong foot since that's always blah fabric and patches and such. Well, you might try Steampunk also if you get desperate.

Show Me On The Doll has this type of clothing, if they are still in Second Life. This isn't really my style of stuff so I have only seen it sometimes. Sorry I could not be more help. Good luck.

ETA: Maybe try to add the word dirty or goth to some searches, although that isn't what it's called it could be a descriptive term in their ads. 

ETA again: Show Me On the Doll is still in marketplace as a store name but the in world link goes nowhere. And they are not in the in world SL search. Their blog (link in MP) is also down. I think they are gone from SL. If anyone knows differently, please post here.

• Like 1

Thank you kindly everyone n.n I may go with the beautiful plum dress that was posted, and it's sad that there's no word for it yet, maybe it's time to coin a term?^^

And I may have to approach a designer who already has these sort of dresses (or close to it) who would make one in pastel colors. All I found were bold colors, or very dark, I think it would look very elegant yet beautiful in spring time colors.

Oh wow blakopal, that is stunning :o
Thinking of getting the blue one, but I'll sleep over it, I am so horrible with deciding on colors~!

And any chance at all you would ever do one in lighter, preferably pastel colors? Not necessarily mostly white ones. More of a spring look perhaps :3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4393 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.