24 hr rule for "pending"?

PULSE666 Fang

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4377 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

well it seems that i jumped the starting line. idk if i need to wait the old 1980's 24 hr rule or whats going on but i tried to buy some lindens and this dam thing said its pending on the gift card page. so am i to wait 24 hrs or should i just call SL and complain cause their support area isnt all that good?

3 answers to this question

If you purchased an item from Market Place, yes there is a 24 hours re-delivery wait time.

In the past, it was ok to contact the merchant if they were online. I don't know the policy anymore just like you. Mostly because it's ridiculous. Now I'm ranting.

Gift card page, I'm not aware of a gift card page. Is that a Merchant, 3rd party website?

I'm afraid you've lost me there.  What "gift card page"?  If you want to buy L$, you should be in the Lindex at https://secondlife.com/my/lindex/buy.php .  Assuming that you have set up your credit card or PayPal account as the source to draw on, the purchase should go through almost instantaneously.  It is possible for credit card transactions to fail, however.  Here are some common reasons for credit card failure:

• You entered the credit card number incorrectly.
  • You did not enter the billing address or entered it incorrectly. It should be the same address that appears on your bill.
  • You did not enter the name on the card or entered differently from how it appears on the card.
  • Be sure you updated your card's expiration date in the Second Life Billing Information page.
  • The credit card is not in the list of accepted payment methods (see above)
  • You did not enter the CVV (3 digits on the back, or 4 digits on the front for AmEx) or entered it incorrectly.
  • The card is expired, or the expiration date was entered incorrectly.
  • There are no funds available on the credit card to validate it. We send a US$1.00 authorization to ensure that a credit card is valid. This is not a billing, but the card must have at least US$1.00 available on it to pass validation.
  • Your monthly payment limit is reached, and/or your bank is not authorizing any more transactions.
  • The issuing bank has not pre-approved transactions with Linden Research, Inc. Contact the issuing bank to resolve the problem.
  • If you are outside the US, your card may not be set up for international/overseas transactions (this is very common with Visa Electron).

If none of the above applies, contact your credit card provider to determine the cause.

You may also contact Linden Lab Billing Support.  Note that Linden Lab does not accept most (any?) pre-paid credit cards or debit cards.

• Like 1

There is no "Gift Card" page.  It's probably a phishing scam.

IMMEDIATELY log in and try to change your password.  If you can't, conctact Linden Lab immediately to tell them your account has been compromised.  You can file a Support Ticket, and also send an email to security@secondlife.com

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4377 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.