Sign in to follow this  
Bigo0614

Looking for a serious relationship

Hello people my name is Brian, I am 20 years and live in North Carolina. I have been playing Sl for quite a few months now and ive noticed alot of sl contains, sex, bdsm and all that jazz, but only a small part of sl is real serious love and thats what i am looking for. I know  that sl love requires a bit of long distance relationships and they are indeed HARD, but isnt that what true love is all about to find somone you really care for and face the hardships and challenges with them. Also i belive one of the best things is about SL is that you can really get to know the person you are with and eventually grow that SL relationship into a real life relationship and possibly one that can lead into getting married one day that is a real good way to find true love, and thats what im looking for ladies. If anyone out there is looking to try to have a serious loving caring relationship with somone please IM me and we can set up a meeting for a date or somthing special i hope to hear from you soon.

I also wish you luck Bigo!I had 2 serious relationships here but both did not survive..now I am only looking for SL love without getting RL contact, I think this is easier to handle.

Your OP is heartfelt.  I wish you luck.  I think it would be a bit less daunting if you meet people...make friends...and see what kind of connections you can establish that way.  I recall meeting someone in a club and, after just 'hello' they went on about how they were seeking a RL connection, were willing to move anywhere, etc.  All I could say after that was 'good luck'. 

Take your time and enjoy SL.

squashy Beeswing wrote:

I think you should try to enjoy SL first before anything else.  You will miss out, otherwise.

I agree Squashy.  A few months is not very long in SL time.  Take some time Big, to explore the vastness that is Secondlife.

Peace!

Easy to say you are looking but you really don't know when or if it will happen.

I have someone who is in SL that you MIGHT say we have been together at least in SL for about 3 years.

Funny thing was - when we first met, I wasn't about to start chatting or anything, It just kind of happened.

Will we ever meet in real life? I don't know, they live fairly close as in, one state above me. How rare is that? Given some SL'ers live like 5,000 miles apart and here I am maybe 300 miles away from my SL sweetie.

We don't talk a whole hell of a lot or anything but are always there for each other if need be.

Gyod I am so sappy

i don't mean to sound weird, but wouldn't it be easier to meet and date girls who live in the same area as you in the real world?  i mean you wouldn't have to worry about long distance relationships and would actually get to touch someone's skin and smell them (not always a good thing).  

am i living in a world now where people in their teens and early twenties prefer dating online?  i just wonder because i met this 14 year old kid on wow yesterday who was telling me he and his girlfriend only talk on facebook and have only met irl a few times.  that kinda freaked me right out.

I've always had kind of the opposite trouble Bigo in the times that I was unattached and looking. I'm a person that is only interested in having relationships here in SL, and it just always seemed that everyone I met was looking for RL connections. Perhaps that tidbit is hopeful for someone in your situation, lol because I can say with a fair amount of confidence that there's plenty of each gender out there looking for the same thing as you.

What else I have found to be quite true though, not only in my own experience but in those of friends is that the harder someone looks for love the more it seems to elude them. Seems like it applies to both SL and RL relationships just as much.

So yea as has been said, just enjoy and I'm sure you'll meet some potentials in short order.

Just have to comment on one other thing. In the space of one sentence you talked of meeting, getting to know each other, taking things to real life and getting married.  I understand you're being honest about what you'd like to see happen and maybe from some standpoints it's being fair that you are upfront with that, For me, any time I have had people talk of such things out of the gate, it just scared the bejezus outta me and I couldn't get away quick enough, and it didn't matter if they meant RL or just SL, nor did it matter that I even share the desire to find some of those things with someone. Just...not in the 1st 5 minutes :)

Once I was dncing with a guy and on the 1st date he informed me he'd like to be married without delay and have me get to work having babies. He wanted six of them. I said "you don't need a wife honnie, you need a german sheppard!"

Whatever you do, please do not open a conversation with 'A/S/L?' or some variation.  Rather, peek into their profile and see if there is an interest you share or a Pick you like and can ask them about.  Anything.  And, do not start with 'hi sexy'.

Again, take your time.

You are 20?

What the heck are you doing here? Go get a job and make real money first. Get a little older, maybe.. I don't know.. 5 years more .. then you think about Serious Relationship. You know, Romeo and Juliet died young, right? And I bet you how much money it cost their parents to bury them.

EVERYONE is SL is "serious", just maybe not about the same thing(s) you are.  Just as in RL, people in SL are serious about their own agenda, which may or may not have anything in common with your agenda(s).

My advice for anyone in SL looking for a "serious" relationship is, if you have the physical ability to shut off the computer and get out into the real world, do so ASAP.  Almost by defintion, SL is a place where people pretend to be who and what they are not in RL, and such a starting point is diametrically converse to what should be the foundation of a stabile, healthy RL relationship.  I'm not saying it could never happen, but the odds are greatly against it. 

Big YES to that!

Finding love in SL is great, but I also think it would have been much easier to date within your city and even state. Dating sites are pretty helpful. SL isn't one of them, unless you are very lucky.