cannot acess my partners sound

greek Wingtips

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4388 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

myself and parter have bought land next door  to each other, she has created a group and given each of us full acess rights

within the group both lands are also under the same groups, but for some reason we cannot acess each other sounds or do anything.

my partner has tried to deed the land but it come up as not enought credits what does this mean,

all we really want is to be able to acess each others sound,media and to be able to build,

any help woul;d be great

From what I understand, you can only set the music if you bought the land regardless of group. She can set the options in the options tab to build (group). If you both like the same music put it on in both parcels in the media tab then when you walk from one to the other lands you'll hear the same thing.

Both lands are under the same group or 2 groups ?

You need to edit media rights in the group role too. Can you edit the settings via About-Land ?

Try enable build for everyone and see if that helps. For some things you not only need to be part of the group you even need to "wear" the group.

Monti

It's not enough to just have a group but you need the specific rights to be defined in your role. If you are partners why doesn't she make you an officer in that group? I don't understand that "not enough credits" stuff. Let's say you both own each a 4096 parcel, then you're both allowed to deed those 4096 sqm to the group.

Anyway, much more clever would be to buy both lands not as person but for the group. You can then even get rid of the subdivision and turn it into into one 8192 parcel. Owner would be the group. There can only be one group owner tho. Cool thing is that you get 10% bonus land from LL, so you can aquire 819 sqm additionally without paying more tier.

Orca Flotta wrote:

There can only be one group owner tho.

While there can only be one founder, you can have as many owner's in the group as you like.  However always be cautious of giving someone full owner rights in a group.  If you do, and things don't work out, you can't remove them.  An owner can only resign voluntarily and LL will not force them to do this under any circumstance.  Of course this may be a fair arrangement if both owners contribute equally to the group.

I've seen cases where someone buys land , deeds it to a group, makes their partner an owner in the group, and then pays the tiers out of their own pocket without a cent contributed by the partner.  All is well until later on, when drama ensues, the couple splits and the partner that didn't buy the land or pay the tiers sells it, takes the money and runs out of revenge or sells it to themselves and boots and bans the former partner.  LL assumes you know what your doing when you give someone full owner rights and won't involve themselves in this kind of dispute.  The person who bought and paid for the land is just out of luck.

To protect yourself from this, an alternative would be to make the other people officers, then go to the role tab and use the check list of authorities to give them any authority you want up to full owner rights (except the ability to sell the land)  Officers however can be ejected from a group by the group owner if things don't work out.  In the case of the OP, each could create a group and deed their land to the group and make the other an officer. However music would have to be set separately to the same URL on each parcel.

• 2 weeks later...

Could be two things

1. The landlord set the group ability for you tenants so that you can only change sound on your own land. That is to protect from someone you didn't want to change it, that could change it.

2. Your radio needs to be changed to allow anyone to change the music. See if that option is on the menu of the radio.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4388 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.